I had no idea bikes were expensive

Dreamchaser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Check out bikesdirect.com or bikeisland which is their sister company
I wanted to get a used bike from a recognizable company. I currently have specialized road bike that I got for $300. But, I'm not really trying to spend more than $500, since the bike ain't for me.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I wanted to get a used bike from a recognizable company. I currently have specialized road bike that I got for $300. But, I'm not really trying to spend $500, since the bike ain't for me.

They're actually big name company frames that bikesdirect put their own branding on, the components are decent too. You're probably gonna be hard pressed to find a better deal on frames that properly fit them both in this climate.

This one is only $350

Save Up To 60% Road Bikes - Windsor Wellington 2.0 2015

Compare this bike to the Trek or Giant Road bikes at $700 to $800 plus tax. Both bikes may have the same number of gears - 21 speed Shimano parts and aluminum frames. Trek Road Bikes with similar specs maybe up to $300 more

They got another for $250 with shimano parts as well

Save Up to 60% Off New Road Bikes, Roadbikes - Mercier Galaxy ST / ST Express Road bikes

The frames are solid and they can always the upgrade components if they get deeper into the sport.

If anyone buys from this site I would recommend have it assembled and tuned up by someone that knows how to do it. If you're in the hood, there's probably someone that works on bikes from out their garage lol

Last edited:

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
z3m43nF.jpg

Added the free bike rack my lil bro got when we copped his cross bike a minute ago. Rode from south central to Little Tokyo to link with my photographer homie. Dipped from there to the top of Elysian Fields overlooking dodger stadium and DTLA. Cops were randomly posted at the regular smoke spot so we dipped off on a lil trail to get a lil peace and burn some cake. Ride back down was sick. Pitch black going 30-35mph on a light gravel trail. Adrenaline on 100 thou.

aswoPTk.jpg

Caught a flat near the bottom and dude was like "you can rode those tires deflated, just put all your weight to the front.

:martin:
This is what my tires looked like after it all. $15 to my bike shop and I'm back on it. Will def pick up spare tubes, a bar bag and tools to change flats during the ride in the future.

Got home sore as fukk at 2am. This was the best ride I've been on in my entire life. Need to work on my climbing.

Dreamchaser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
z3m43nF.jpg

Added the free bike rack my lil bro got when we copped his cross bike a minute ago. Rode from south central to Little Tokyo to link with my photographer homie. Dipped from there to the top of Elysian Fields overlooking dodger stadium and DTLA. Cops were randomly posted at the regular smoke spot so we dipped off on a lil trail to get a lil peace and burn some cake. Ride back down was sick. Pitch black going 30-35mph on a light gravel trail. Adrenaline on 100 thou.

aswoPTk.jpg

Caught a flat near the bottom and dude was like "you can rode those tires deflated, just put all your weight to the front.

This is what my tires looked like after it all. $15 to my bike shop and I'm back on it. Will def pick up spare tubes, a bar bag and tools to change flats during the ride in the future.

Got home sore as fukk at 2am. This was the best ride I've been on in my entire life. Need to work on my climbing.
You shouldn't be riding on gravel if you aint got a gravel bike. Tires aint made for those rocks.

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
You shouldn't be riding on gravel if you aint got a gravel bike. Tires aint made for those rocks.
I have a steel gravel bike. Masi CxGR Supremo. Ultegra hydraulic disks. 38c Schwalbe Marathons.

Tires were good enough for light gravel and hard pack. Never really lost traction on the whole ride.

The puncture came from a nail
:yeshrug:

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I have a steel gravel bike. Masi CxGR Supremo. Ultegra hydraulic disks. 38c Schwalbe Marathons.

Tires were good enough for light gravel and hard pack. Never really lost traction on the whole ride.

The puncture came from a nail
:yeshrug:
Those wheels are tubeless compatible. Why not run tubeless tires with sealant and not have to worry about punctures?

bnew

Veteran
Daps
They're actually big name company frames that bikesdirect put their own branding on, the components are decent too. You're probably gonna be hard pressed to find a better deal on frames that properly fit them both in this climate.

This one is only $350

Save Up To 60% Road Bikes - Windsor Wellington 2.0 2015

They got another for $250 with shimano parts as well

Save Up to 60% Off New Road Bikes, Roadbikes - Mercier Galaxy ST / ST Express Road bikes

The frames are solid and they can always the upgrade components if they get deeper into the sport.

If anyone buys from this site I would recommend have it assembled and tuned up by someone that knows how to do it. If you're in the hood, there's probably someone that works on bikes from out their garage lol

how much does an assembly usually cost?

bnew

Veteran
Daps

I got into cycling last year and bought all my tools from aliexpress since they're all made in china anyway and i got my backup tubes from walmart. I didn't know about the bar bag, I've been using a small sling backpack.

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
I got into cycling last year and bought all my tools from aliexpress since they're all made in china anyway and i got my backup tubes from walmart. I didn't know about the bar bag, I've been using a small sling backpack.

I'll probably get something like this but all black

DSCF0750-1_f6fefecf-8dc8-46be-b801-22168711c12b_1024x1024@2x.jpg