I just bought 4 ofthem with shipping included, it was about 1800

Then again, I have relationships there

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
free delivery?
That was just an estimate. I personally wouldn't recommend a (unbranded)China build. I built this one a few years ago but I just didn't feel comfortable flying down mountains at 50+ mph after hearing some horror stories. The unbranded China wheels are fine tho. These are still my main racing wheels for my new setup.

ra9JMb1_d.webp

bnew

Veteran
Daps
That was just an estimate. I personally wouldn't recommend a (unbranded)China build. I built this one a few years ago but I just didn't feel comfortable flying down mountains at 50+ mph after hearing some horror stories. The unbranded China wheels are fine tho. These are still my main racing wheels for my new setup.

ra9JMb1_d.webp

what site do you order parts from?

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Got a Trek Marlin 7 a few months ago I paid about 600 for mine. I saw some electric bikes that I was really tempted to spring for but then I remembered that I have cars to drive. So yeah it's perfect for what i use it for, ride around the neighborhood, and occasionally take it on a trail nearby. Glad I didn't let that lady talk me out of 2 to 3 gs for some shyt I'd never use.

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
what site do you order parts from?

My China build was mostly aliexpress. I wouldn't recommend building a bike unless you're super specific in what you want as far as sizing and components. You'll probably pay 25%-50% more if you build vs buying one off the shelf. Here's a good video of a china build with pricing info.

This $1000 Giant bike is just as good as a $10k bike. People will literally pay $5k+ more for a bike because it's a pound lighter- equivalent to the weight of a water bottle. Maybe 30 seconds faster over 20 miles. It's ridiculous.

Contend AR 3 (2020) | Men All-Rounder bike | Giant Bicycles United States

Last edited:

Saltmoney

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#Catset
How come basically no bikes over here have coaster brakes? :gucci:

I love that feature!

What would be the "best" break system, also in terms of driving with a bike in slightly snowy/slushy/icy conditions? :jbhmm:

I've heard of single or dual pivot brakes, V brakes, disk vs. rim brakes etc.

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
So I’m trying to get a decent bike and go riding on a bike trail. Haven’t had one since I was in middle school. I’m thinking couple of hundred bucks will do the trick :ehh:

Come to find out they’re over $1000 and some cost more than 5k :mindblown:

With that kind of money, you can put a down payment on ur favorite car. They tripping.
Seen some like $35,000.
I'm stuck now because I don't know if I should spend $900, $1,500 or $2,500. shyt all I want to do is ride. It shouldn't be this fukking complicated :mindblown:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Seen some like $35,000.
I'm stuck now because I don't know if I should spend $900, $1,500 or $2,500. shyt all I want to do is ride. It shouldn't be this fukking complicated :mindblown:

$900 will get you a very nice bike that you would probably never outgrow assuming that you get the right type for your riding needs (track, road, hybrid, comfort, etc)

If anyone is looking for something cheap, but decent, bikesdirect has lots that may not be in stock currently but are projected to be ready to ship within a week or two. Their frames are excellent, but the components usually aren't the greatest unless you spend the extra coin on the higher end options.

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What would be a place to get a decent bike for using on streets and sidewalks and could potentially go on sale from now till Christmas?

I'm not into bikes at all, so I just want something that will be functional. The one thing that I probably would like to modify or adjust is that I would like to have some shock absorbers or a seat that will do as little damage as possible on my manhood (I've heard that riding bikes too much can potentially cause infertility . I know that a lot of studies are inconclusive, but I don't want to take that chance.).

I live in New York. I'd rather not bend too much (i.e. I'm most likely looking for a taller bike.).

*P.S.- Can anyone recommend a reputable reseller of those folding bikes (I wouldn't really be in a position right now to consider one of those brand new off the showroom floor?).

Thanks for any guidance.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
What would be a place to get a decent bike for using on streets and sidewalks and could potentially go on sale from now till Christmas?

I'm not into bikes at all, so I just want something that will be functional. The one thing that I probably would like to modify or adjust is that I would like to have some shock absorbers or a seat that will do as little damage as possible on my manhood (I've heard that riding bikes too much can potentially cause infertility . I know that a lot of studies are inconclusive, but I don't want to take that chance.).

I live in New York. I'd rather not bend too much (i.e. I'm most likely looking for a taller bike.).

*P.S.- Can anyone recommend a reputable reseller of those folding bikes (I wouldn't really be in a position right now to consider one of those brand new off the showroom floor?).

Thanks for any guidance.

Bikesdirect.com

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
@Stir Fry Make it make sense :damn:

I'm about to finalize the plans for my custom titanium bike I'm building specifically for ultra long-distance racing. I have a 250mi race coming up next year and I need something comfortable and fast. I was hoping the top tube would be much flatter but doing so would only add weight. I'm trying to decide whether or not to drop the seat stay a little for compliance or just leave it classic. How did you do your seat stays?

5BqqAEV.png