I gotta be honest with y'all, man. Games ain't hitting the same since I played TLOU2

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Ellie has only grown up and experience life after the apocalypse and is a product of her environment. Pretty much all of her parental figures have been trained murderers (Joel was an ex-hunter) and she grew up in a world where killing and brutality has people barely batting an eye.

You acting like a woman couldn’t pull a razor out and stab a dude in the neck is some unbelievable event.
But that ain’t what she did though. She chased dude down and put hands to him like buster Douglass then choked him out.

Would have been cool from a gameplay and narrative perspective if she actually fought like a young girl would in this situation.

And I don’t even know what this bullshyt you’re bringing up about gender identity. It wasn’t a part of Ellie’s arc in the first game, at all.
Her sexuality is the secondary storyline or her character development arch.

Which is fine. Just not the type of media that appeals to me:manny:

You weirdos do this stuff when you see women beating up men in video games and star screaming about how it takes you out of the game. Lmao lame as fukk
No you weirdos do this anytime the game is criticized just to run to excuses and ad hominem attacks:stopitslime:

If you are gonna present the game as masterful storytelling and character development then you got accept criticism to that end.

If this was some fantasy setting and she had superpowers or something then there would be nothing to say. But they want you to feel this game. They want you to be sad cause you killed a dog. But I’m also supposed to pretend physics don’t exist and a young 90 pound girl can beat up grown men like she’s mike Tyson :francis:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
So you seem to have a problem with the unrealistic concept of her her killing “big grown ass men” as if you have never seen an action movie or played a game where 1 protag kills hundreds of people :jbhmm:

Also, you keep mentioning this as if it were a movie, as in you didn’t actually play it, Did you play the game breh :jbhmm:

Depending on the project. Something with so serious of tone like TLOU, I would expect to be a little more grounded in this sense.

Played the first. But I’m not talking about gameplay here. Just the overall tone of the game is ridiculous to me.

I watched the video in the other thread where the little girl was chasing the dude down like a predator then hit him with a three piece combo to the gut then choked him out. While dudes were in their talking bout how powerful the scene was and whether that dude deserved to die and it just seemed hilariously ridiculous to me :mjlol:
This is your problem. Also, which scene are you talking about where Ellie chases some guy and overpowers and chokes him out? The game makes it quite clear that Ellie is weaker than almost everyone she sneaks up on, which is why she stabs them in the throat unlike Abby who's strong enough to choke them out

Post the scene you're referring to, don't post smilies, just post the scene

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This is your problem. Also, which scene are you talking about where Ellie chases some guy and overpowers and chokes him out? The game makes it quite clear that Ellie is weaker than almost everyone she sneaks up on, which is why she stabs them in the throat unlike Abby who's strong enough to choke them out

Post the scene you're referring to, don't post smilies, just post the scene

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
You said:

Depending on the project. Something with so serious of tone like TLOU, I would expect to be a little more grounded in this sense.

Played the first. But I’m not talking about gameplay here. Just the overall tone of the game is ridiculous to me.

I watched the video in the other thread where the little girl
was chasing the dude down like a predator then hit him with a three piece combo to the gut then choked him out. While dudes were in their talking bout how powerful the scene was and whether that dude deserved to die and it just seemed hilariously ridiculous to me :mjlol:
Abby isn't the little girl, Ellie is

Abby is more brolic than both Joel and Tommy

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Whoever it was, that shyt was comically bad. I laughed at the scene and dudes was in there half cryin :mjlol:
You said it was improbable and therefore ridiculous. What's improbable about a chick who benches 200 and is a top trained killer in a post apocalyptic militia choking out a dude who's smaller than her? Also, that scene suffers from a glitch because the dude (Tommy)'s AI stops working and he's just standing there without resisting her attacks, it's not at all part of the actual game

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You said it was improbable and therefore ridiculous.
It was
What's improbable about a chick who benches 200 and is a top trained killer in a post apocalyptic militia choking out a dude who's smaller than her?
You don’t know how much she can bench, and apparently every one is a hardened killer in this world. :stopitslime:
Also, that scene suffers from a glitch because the dude (Tommy)'s AI stops working and he's just standing there without resisting her attacks, it's not at all part of the actual game
Didn’t know that but even though that shyt still funny. The animations and and dudes face and shyt are comical to me. The premise of these two young women being the baddest of badasses in this post apocalyptic world full of huge and angry murderous men just seems like a cac/female power fantasy to me. No way I could take it seriously and really be “feeling” for these characters:smh:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
It was

You don’t know how much she can bench, and apparently every one is a hardened killer in this world. :stopitslime:

Didn’t know that but even though that shyt still funny. The animations and and dudes face and shyt are comical to me. The premise of these two young women being the baddest of badasses in this post apocalyptic world full of huge and angry murderous men just seems like a cac/female power fantasy to me. No way I could take it seriously and really be “feeling” for these characters:smh:
She literally talks about benching 200 a couple of years before the events of the game, and she's much more brolic two years later, so she's probably benching even more. This is a girl who's been training for four years straight just to kill Joel, she's hardened as fukk

Also, if you haven't played this game and own a PS4, you really, really should PLAY it (not watch it on YouTube)

You're pouring jelly on yourself missing out on one of the premier gaming experiences ever

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
That shyt was trash.

little white girl runnin around the world beating up grown ass men and coming to terms with being a lesbo :stopitslime:

Can’t understand the appeal of this game at all. shyts almost laughably ridiculous

If this was an Ellen page movie with the same story none of you would care about it, at all :smh:

the funniest thing about this whole back and forth is the fact that ellie's sexuality was never really a story point

the fact she wasnt straight never played any more into the plot than it would have had she been straight and had a male love interest

the fact son didnt play the game should have been mad obvious from that

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
the funniest thing about this whole back and forth is the fact that ellie's sexuality was never really a story point

the fact she wasnt straight never played any more into the plot than it would have had she been straight and had a male love interest

the fact son didnt play the game should have been mad obvious from that
nikka said "coming to terms with her gender identity".

:mjlol: