I gotta be honest with y'all, man. Games ain't hitting the same since I played TLOU2

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well, relatively speaking, it wasn't as huge a jump we grew accustomed to seeing. Look below; PS3 to PS4 is far less significant than the other jumps.

maxresdefault.jpg

what hell was going on with the OG playstation??!!!! :mjlol:

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
If we're talking about games that try to emulate screenwriting I'd have to go with Red Dead or Max Payne 3, I like tlou2 but it's written like a walking dead episode, nothing special. Wolfenstein, Mass Effect 2, Dead Space, Witcher, LA Noire... they must be impressed because of the shiny new graphics but it's not 2003, there're a lot of well written games.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That shyt was trash.

little white girl runnin around the world beating up grown ass men and coming to terms with being a lesbo :stopitslime:

Can’t understand the appeal of this game at all. shyts almost laughably ridiculous

If this was an Ellen page movie with the same story none of you would care about it, at all :smh:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That shyt was trash.

little white girl runnin around the world beating up grown ass men and coming to terms with being a lesbo :stopitslime:

Can’t understand the appeal of this game at all. shyts almost laughably ridiculous

If this was an Ellen page movie with the same story none of you would care about it, at all :smh:

DTi9O7I.jpg

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nothing edgy or controversial about what I said.

Be honest you see a movie trailer with Ellen page runnin around the zombie apocalypse killing big grown ass men and coming to terms with his/her gender identity, you going to see that movie???:usure:

So you seem to have a problem with the unrealistic concept of her her killing “big grown ass men” as if you have never seen an action movie or played a game where 1 protag kills hundreds of people :jbhmm:

Also, you keep mentioning this as if it were a movie, as in you didn’t actually play it, Did you play the game breh :jbhmm:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So you seem to have a problem with the unrealistic concept of her her killing “big grown ass men” as if you have never seen an action movie or played a game where 1 protag kills hundreds of people :jbhmm:
Depending on the project. Something with so serious of tone like TLOU, I would expect to be a little more grounded in this sense.
Also, you keep mentioning this as if it were a movie, as in you didn’t actually play it, Did you play the game breh :jbhmm:
Played the first. But I’m not talking about gameplay here. Just the overall tone of the game is ridiculous to me.

I watched the video in the other thread where the little girl was chasing the dude down like a predator then hit him with a three piece combo to the gut then choked him out. While dudes were in their talking bout how powerful the scene was and whether that dude deserved to die and it just seemed hilariously ridiculous to me :mjlol:

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
That shyt was trash.

:deadmanny:

Tim Rodgers made the same point it's basically a really expensive AMC show you don't watch.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
The narrative games that incorporate top-notch gameplay take a lot of work, which is why so few companies even attempt them. Easier to try silly Fortnite-style cash grabs. Which company legit wants to keep coming up with compelling stories when you can just get a money tree like GTA?

Problem is, what companies want ≠ what consumers want, which is why you have interns and reps working shifts online to tell consumers what they want :comeon:

And I'm not appreciating the Sakai slander in here either :ufdup: