I gotta be honest with y'all, man. Games ain't hitting the same since I played TLOU2

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
People will clown me for saying this. but after playing a really long immersive game with a great story. investing like 40 to 60 hours of your life. and then it ends. Feels like an great moment in time just ended. like when you go on a really awesome vacation and make a couple friends, hook up with a girl. Thinking of nothing but how good a time you're having. then on the final day headed to the airport you're like, damn, back to the real world. :mjcry:

OG FF7 and Witcher 3 were the only games that gave me that experience.
UnselfishSeriousIrrawaddydolphin-max-1mb.gif

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
People will clown me for saying this. but after playing a really long immersive game with a great story. investing like 40 to 60 hours of your life. and then it ends. Feels like an great moment in time just ended. like when you go on a really awesome vacation and make a couple friends, hook up with a girl. Thinking of nothing but how good a time you're having. then on the final day headed to the airport you're like, damn, back to the real world. :mjcry:

OG FF7 and Witcher 3 were the only games that gave me that experience.

thats the sign of a good narrative

tv show, game, movie, book, any well crafted narrative will have you feeling like that, thats the ultimate praise to a writer or collective of writers to hear that about their product

its a testament to the advancement of video games that there are some offerings now that could be considered in that upper echelon on storytelling, flawed as i think last of us is the writers did well in giving the story enough depth and character to be criticized meticulously

its why its real disappointing to hear developers like rockstar and bioware say theyre moving away from single player narratives to online only games

with how advanced and polished games can be from a technical standpoint they’re probably the perfect medium to share these well written stories through in the modern day - imagine a mass effect trilogy with the last of us graphical polish

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
hats the sign of a good narrative

tv show, game, movie, book, any well crafted narrative will have you feeling like that, thats the ultimate praise to a writer or collective of writers to hear that about their p

yeah, thats how i feel when I read long fiction novels, like i just recently read a book called 'Seveneves' which is like 3 genres in one (disaster novel, space novel, fantasy novel) and by the time i was done I was :mjcry:

I get this feeling so much more with books cause its such a huge investment to start another one and you won't know until the halfway point if its good. I rarely get it with movies, and less so with tv but games and books def give you another level of escapism that leaves you feeling empty once you're out of it.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Disagree, can you tell me another game were you got as much insight to peoples sexuality or sexual whatever?

At most it's glossed over especially in gaming. Mostly because it's doesn't add much. It's usually glossed over for the most part in this game it was all about who loved who and love triangles.

Coming from the last game it definitely feels out of place.

I wish they pushed for black people having lead roles as much as someone sexuality being so out in the open.

Game could have been even better with no love interest for Ellie at all and her becoming Joel Jr.
Bruh. U ever played Fear Effect 2 on the PS1? And that was like 1999. Lol