I gotta be honest with y'all, man. Games ain't hitting the same since I played TLOU2

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Her sexuality was hinted at in the pervious games DLC.

In part two the sexuality of everyone was some sort of plot device. It was like a zombie day time story movie.... It felt really agenda driven even if it wasn't. ( It clearly was) And it took away from the game imo. Even if everyone was straight it was just way to much romance and relationship drama. One top of that you had pregnant women going on in the field to run missions because... "I am Woman" it was a lot of silly little things like that.

nah, I see people bring this up as a criticism but she was never planned to be in the field, they were literally just being transported to the forward op base but were ambushed on the way, she was being transferred there to help with the body’s/injuries because she was a medic & Abby & Manny were going there because the WLF leader (forgot his name) requested to see them

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nah, I see people bring this up as a criticism but she was never planned to be in the field, they were literally just being transported to the forward op base but were ambushed on the way, she was being transferred there to help with the body’s/injuries because she was a medic & Abby & Manny were going there because the WLF leader (forgot his name) requested to see them
Nah there was a point we're she insisted on going with Abby and old dude and they were like "sure" she might have even been cleared for it (can't remember 100 percent) but was full on about to pop

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah there was a point we're she insisted on going with Abby and old dude and they were like "sure" she might have even been cleared for it (can't remember 100 percent) but was full on about to pop
Yeah to the FOB, she asked if she’s been cleared to go there for duty as a medic, the scene in Abby’s bedroom before they head out

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah to the FOB, she asked if she’s been cleared to go there for duty as a medic, the scene in Abby’s bedroom before they head out
Yeah that was pretty nuts to me, it's kinda like when in movies people do stuff to clearly just progress the plot. Not game breaking or anything but man uncalled for and unrealistic.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah that was pretty nuts to me, it's kinda like when in movies people do stuff to clearly just progress the plot. Not game breaking or anything but man uncalled for and unrealistic.
I mean, I get what you’re saying if you just mean in general she shouldn’t be doing anything, but people act like they put a gun in her hand to go out on the front line lol

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Meach in here talking about a game he's never played like it's the plot of Tell Me Why. Characters being gay or transgender has always been a non-consequential thing to the main driving plot of these games. It's not forced because it's supposed to be indicative of the world at large, which is made up of a bunch of different people. You go outside enough and even halfway pay attention you'd see that.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Ellie kissed a girl in the PS3 DLC it's not new that's she's a lesbo.

This game is about 25 hours long and they really only touch on it for brief character building, certainly not a major part of the story beyond the weird love triangle it creates.

I've noticed a trend online that the people most upset about the 'agenda' in this game didn't actually play it and just go off second hand knowledge or cutscenes taken out of a 25 hour context.

It's just a story about people. Hate it or love it... but gay people exist, and they would exist in a post zombie world too.

Gotta be pretty insecure if the simple existence of a gay character in a story has you on edge.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Meach in here talking about a game he's never played like it's the plot of Tell Me Why. Characters being gay or transgender has always been a non-consequential thing to the main driving plot of these games. It's not forced because it's supposed to be indicative of the world at large, which is made up of a bunch of different people. You go outside enough and even halfway pay attention you'd see that.
Breh is in here arguing plot points in detail against people who actually played the game

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ellie kissed a girl in the PS3 DLC it's not new that's she's a lesbo.

This game is about 25 hours long and they really only touch on it for brief character building, certainly not a major part of the story beyond the weird love triangle it creates.

I've noticed a trend online that the people most upset about the 'agenda' in this game didn't actually play it and just go off second hand knowledge or cutscenes taken out of a 25 hour context.

It's just a story about people. Hate it or love it... but gay people exist, and they would exist in a post zombie world too.

Gotta be pretty insecure if the simple existence of a gay character in a story has you on edge.
Disagree, can you tell me another game were you got as much insight to peoples sexuality or sexual whatever?

At most it's glossed over especially in gaming. Mostly because it's doesn't add much. It's usually glossed over for the most part in this game it was all about who loved who and love triangles.

Coming from the last game it definitely feels out of place.

I wish they pushed for black people having lead roles as much as someone sexuality being so out in the open.

Game could have been even better with no love interest for Ellie at all and her becoming Joel Jr.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Same :mjcry:

When the breh Geralt looked at the camera while chilling with Regis in the cemetery and the credits rolled :mjcry:
People will clown me for saying this. but after playing a really long immersive game with a great story. investing like 40 to 60 hours of your life. and then it ends. Feels like an great moment in time just ended. like when you go on a really awesome vacation and make a couple friends, hook up with a girl. Thinking of nothing but how good a time you're having. then on the final day headed to the airport you're like, damn, back to the real world. :mjcry:

OG FF7 and Witcher 3 were the only games that gave me that experience.