I got told i have "the confidence of a mediocre white man" recently. :mjlol:

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
We do but I’ve been trying to unlearn this but literally everything has racism in it.

What's that look like for you? I do think some of us believe we're in a lower pecking order than whites. I understand it to a degree but the lack of self confidence to not go after what we think we deserve kills us.

I've seen this with other groups. A female friend of mine is Filipina and her parents think she's a black sheep because she's a high level consultant that works with angel investors and VCs instead of working as a nurse or post office worker like many Flilipinos. We're taught to just be happy with what we get. I'm like fukk all that.

I do work to get more Blacks in Tech myself because I think it's important for us to occupy those spaces too.

Tair

Superstar
Daps
I'm well familiar with it and it's not uncommon for people to over estimate their skills.

Considering I'm in a highly specialized field in my industry that nets a 200 - 300k I doubt I have low level skills.

Given that, she is even more out of pocket.

A simple: "what about me screams, 'confidence of a mediocre white man' ?" would have made her pause and reflect. And if she is smart and worth being around, she'd apologize.

She framed you and you didn't correct her false frame. People like that will spread little nuggets to mutual friends to get them to fall under the same perceptive window they are looking out of. They'll then look for ways to affirm their newly built perceptions of their friend and they will likely say slick shyt about you knowing you'll accept it because it's true (not to you, but to them).

It is a thought virus that operates like a subclinical infection.

But if you are cool with it, okay.

:hubie:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Damn, at worst, I’ve been told I seem like I don’t date black women… but she disrespected you on a whole different level.
full

I got hit with this bull ass shyt. But since growing my dreads, this talk has disappeared lol

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Given that, she is even more out of pocket.

A simple: "what about me screams, 'confidence of a mediocre white man' ?" would have made her pause and reflect. And if she is smart and worth being around, she'd apologize.

She framed you and you didn't correct her false frame. People like that will spread little nuggets to mutual friends to get them to fall under the same perceptive window they are looking out of. They'll then look for ways to affirm their newly built perceptions of their friend and they will likely say slick shyt about you knowing you'll accept it because it's true (not to you, but to them).

It is a thought virus that operates like a subclinical infection.

But if you are cool with it, okay.

:hubie:
I mean she still said it lol. My mutual friends tolerate her because we know mutual people. She's gonna go home alone and try to be a 21 year old party girl at 45 drinking mimosas and going to Tulum every few months ha.

I do know what you mean though. I honestly sort of limit my interactions with her because she tends to be loud, over talk people, etc. I honestly she was trying to "neg" me in some form.

I do take a stoic approach at times I know because I've realized for years people will always say dumb shyt, have goofy opinions etc. I just don't really feel the need to and just move in a different way.

Studious one

Change names, like change clothes; stay a fly girl
Daps
Dude, that’s a hell of a compliment. Those mediocre white men STILL think they rule the world

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Basically a mutual acquaintance, a Black woman from NYC told me this.

I mean...I know what she meant. :russ: Many White men overvalue their skills and have a lot of hubris.

I guess having been raised in certain communities I know they're not better than me.

in particular them raggedy ass freekshow caricature faced turkey necked gringos that you lot in america have :picard:

(in the DMV)

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
A black woman from NYC told you this? What see look like and act like? She got a husband? All her kids got the same father? Why even take her opinion seriously? And I can't remember but I think you was one of the brehs that posted in my sucessful black men thread so you must be doing good in life.

fukk whatever she talking about IMO.

If a homeless man can tell you ain’t shyt then they must be on to something

This is also a very c00nish thing to assume about somebody

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
What's that look like for you? I do think some of us believe we're in a lower pecking order than whites. I understand it to a degree but the lack of self confidence to not go after what we think we deserve kills us.

I've seen this with other groups. A female friend of mine is Filipina and her parents think she's a black sheep because she's a high level consultant that works with angel investors and VCs instead of working as a nurse or post office worker like many Flilipinos. We're taught to just be happy with what we get. I'm like fukk all that.

I do work to get more Blacks in Tech myself because I think it's important for us to occupy those spaces too.

Sounds like that’s all she knows.

She hasn’t seen confidence in a black man before.

A lot of older ppl feel this way. Just get your “good” job and don’t bother the white ppl

:mjlol:

Miss me with that shyt

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Sounds like that’s all she knows.

She hasn’t seen confidence in a black man before.

A lot of older ppl feel this way. Just get your “good” job and don’t bother the white ppl

:mjlol:

Miss me with that shyt
You and me both.