I got told i have "the confidence of a mediocre white man" recently. :mjlol:

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
Basically a mutual acquaintance, a Black woman from NYC told me this.

I mean...I know what she meant. :russ: Many White men overvalue their skills and have a lot of hubris.

I guess having been raised in certain communities I know they're not better than me.

What if all of us as Black people had that confidence :patrice:
I wouldn’t know whether to be flattered or offended lol. Some wm confidently don’t be knowing shyt at work if you really listen to them. They fake it to make it until they get it. Or they use their tenure or brown nose for a new position. And as Black folks we often suffer from imposter syndrome even when we are capable. We stay in positions way to long to where if we leave it'll be felt within the department. So we’re often stuck being a low lever SME.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
this OP’s second time being sneak dissed by a Black Woman and him posting it :russ:

Ayo :deadrose:

“You one of them nerdy Black men!"

Shorty was confused why homie came off socially awkward. She had to make sense of it :picard:

"You know what ViShawn, you're a smart man!".

Not the backhanded ‘I don’t care what they say about you, you’re not as dumb as you look’:damn:

“You remind me of my nephew”. :damn:

Shorty said it like the nephew is autistic or sum
:damn::damn:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Basically a mutual acquaintance, a Black woman from NYC told me this.

I mean...I know what she meant. :russ: Many White men overvalue their skills and have a lot of hubris.

I guess having been raised in certain communities I know they're not better than me.

What if all of us as Black people had that confidence :patrice:

It's sad that I realized what you meant by your post :russ:

KingsOfKings

𝕄𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕚𝕓 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒𝕥
Daps
images

I know you ain't going to let a mutual acquaintance from New York stand in frontcha, ha
Straight up front on ha
Straight up stunt on ha
You like her so you in here playing naive ha
But in the back of your mind you know what in the fukk she mean ha
and it really got you a bit steam ha
You log into the coli with a BIG story to tell ha
Reading the comments and it's apparently not going so well ha

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
A black woman from NYC told you this? What see look like and act like? She got a husband? All her kids got the same father? Why even take her opinion seriously? And I can't remember but I think you was one of the brehs that posted in my sucessful black men thread so you must be doing good in life.

fukk whatever she talking about IMO.
I've known her for a while. We have mutual friends and acquaintances and we've gotten personal.

I'll say though she's divorced from a 20 year marriage. Two kids and mid 40s. Kinda living her 20s again which I find weird but she's harmless and tries to flirt with me.

She told me what she meant and meant that the dudes she work with in government that are white are over confident in their abilities.

I work in sales so I have to be confident, especially navigated different spaces and talking to Directors, CIOs etc.

Had an old boss that said I don't know how to kiss ass so I guess similar sentiment.

I didn't take it seriously but I thought it was funny.