I got told i have "the confidence of a mediocre white man" recently. :mjlol:

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn’t know whether to be flattered or offended lol. Some wm confidently don’t be knowing shyt at work if you really listen to them. They fake it to make it until they get it. Or they use their tenure or brown nose for a new position. And as Black folks we often suffer from imposter syndrome even when we are capable. We stay in positions way to long to where if we leave it'll be felt within the department. So we’re often stuck being a low lever SME.
Yeah I think that white men over value their skills. Meanwhile a lot of us under value our skills and don't assert themselves. I was told by a boss I don't know how to kiss ass lol. Even some of my family members know I assert myself and ask me do I act like this at work. I tell them I do my work, show respect and log out.

You have to be confident in sales when you're talking to Directors and C-Suite people. I sometimes think I have to go harder as a Black Man.

I just think in this case some Black folks don't know how to give a compliment and yeah I realize there was an embedded insult in it but why should I care? Had I cared about the opinions of others I wouldn't be where I'm at today

Afrodroid

God bless Black People!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rio De Janeiro, BR
this OP’s second time being sneak dissed by a Black Woman and him posting it :russ:

pFbjPUf.png

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
I'll say though she's divorced from a 20 year marriage. Two kids and mid 40s. Kinda living her 20s again which I find weird but she's harmless and tries to flirt with me.
I see why she's divorced. But if you cool with her Shawn then I'm cool with this old divorced single momma. You old as hell with some saggy ass titties still running your mouth like you in your 20s.
She told me what she meant and meant that the dudes she work with in government that are white are over confident in their abilities.
Next time you see her ask her what is over confident? That's just her opinion of someone else. Maybe if she wasn't worried about everyone else her marriage would've lasted.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I see why she's divorced. But if you cool with her Shawn then I'm cool with this old divorced single momma.

Next time you see her ask her what is over confident? That's just her opinion of someone elses. Maybe if she wasn't worried about everyone else her marriage would've lasted.
I've heard I have confidence in different ways. Last few months someone told me I have moxie meaning I'm resilient and don't give up.

Sometimes other Black folks unfortunately see that as you're over confident given their lived experience. If you do the work it shouldn't matter.

Again I'm indifferent. She's always sitting next to me. First time I met her she gave me a left handed compliment and her friend said she was flirting...so I just see it as one of those women that tries to "neg" me like a pick up artist

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
I haven't met you in person but you seem to care about others' input. To me that's not overconfident. It's actually humble. I imagine you worked hard to get where you got and for some single mom who doesn't even work in your industry to walk up to you comfortably and blurt out her a$$hole her opinion about you, says a lot imo.

I've heard I have confidence in different ways. Last few months someone told me I have moxie meaning I'm resilient and don't give up.

Sometimes other Black folks unfortunately see that as you're over confident given their lived experience. If you do the work it shouldn't matter.

Again I'm indifferent. She's always sitting next to me. First time I met her she gave me a left handed compliment and her friend said she was flirting...so I just see it as one of those women that tries to "neg" me like a pick up artist

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I haven't met you in person but you seem to care about others' input. To me that's not overconfident. It's actually humble. I imagine you worked hard to get where you got and for some single mom who doesn't even work in your industry to walk up to you comfortably and blurt out her a$$hole her opinion about you, says a lot imo.
I was actually raised to be humble to be fair. I do work hard so you're right on that.

I wasn't going to create social friction and insult her :mjlol:

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Look up the Dunning-Kruger effect, and tell me if you think it's still funny.
I'm well familiar with it and it's not uncommon for people to over estimate their skills.

Considering I'm in a highly specialized field in my industry that nets a 200 - 300k I doubt I have low level skills.

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
Yeah I think that white men over value their skills. Meanwhile a lot of us under value our skills and don't assert themselves. I was told by a boss I don't know how to kiss ass lol. Even some of my family members know I assert myself and ask me do I act like this at work. I tell them I do my work, show respect and log out.

You have to be confident in sales when you're talking to Directors and C-Suite people. I sometimes think I have to go harder as a Black Man.

I just think in this case some Black folks don't know how to give a compliment and yeah I realize there was an embedded insult in it but why should I care? Had I cared about the opinions of others I wouldn't be where I'm at today
We do but I’ve been trying to unlearn this but literally everything has racism in it.