I GOT SOME HIP HOP STORIES TO TELL...

shawntitan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In 2002, when the NBA All Star game was in Philly, me and my man went to an afterparty in AC, Trump Plaza maybe? hosted by Ja Rule and Fat Joe... Ja was in a booth, surrounded by security guards... Joe was out in the crowd, no security, just couple of dudes in TS Avirex's... Gave him dap, told him I was a fan of him and Pun... My man smoked a blunt with Charli Baltimore, thought he was gonna smash but no such luck...

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang
Got a couple more ...

After I left the jersey store I got a job as a Bellman at the Marriott downtown while still in college the money and room hookups were insane ...anyways...

I remember Jagged Edge came into town and I helped the twins to their rooms (separate rooms) the one twin ( i don't know which is which just did a quick google search) anyway i wanna say Brasco was the first one i dropped his shyt off in his room and he had mad heavy bags with weigts and shyt and a wack broad with him anyway he was arrogant didn't say a word (who knows maybe just tired long day) anyways no tip....nada

2nd twin i wanna say case dinero he was mad cool we actually chopped it up for a good 10 minutes talking about Atlanta the club scene saying white people are mad and fighting to change club hours yadda yadda no tip doe smh...but one of the black maintenance dudes there chopped it up with him and he gave him his number on some cool shyt and he said the twin was hitting him up asking him to come out to the show...not sure if this was being cool or :patrice::huhldup:

also i was there when the whole Beanie trial was happening the court house was right across the street ... Dame Dash and his crew was there and i wanna say stacy dash or this baaaaad bytch that looked just like her was there...beans would come everyday in a masaratti i chopped it up with both of them very cool....say what you want about Dame homie was out here everyday beans had trial ...

This is mad random just remembered this ...back in the day BET had this show called fatty koo...anyways they were stayin at the hotel and the bell stand is right across from the gift shop anyway they are sitting in the lobby and the spanish broad goes in the gift shop im like the only person that knows who these people are..im watching her grilling i cant front and she comes out i swear on everything i love no reason to lie she was grilling and my co-workers noticed too on some "yo you know her she eyeing you up" so im like word i was about to approach and the light skinned dude on the show comes up and grills me and puts his arm around her and walks her away....i know people exaggerate on here but she was definitely feelin the kid.

Charlie Mack (will smith's right hand man and old bodyguard) and every summer he had his charlie mack summer classic joint with bball tournament and walk for peace stuff....and every b/c-list black actor was there don't remember all their names but most you see in black films and romantic comedies etc. mater of fact lala was there and my boy got to help her with her stuff i was hatin (this was pre-melo)

one time i went to a ghostface concert here in philly and sheek louch opened for him....very dope show....anyway after the concert sheek was out in the lobby signing autographs taking pics selling cds or whatever.....no security just chillin choppin it up this dude is beyond cool and humble felt like one of the homies ....

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Got a couple more ...

After I left the jersey store I got a job as a Bellman at the Marriott downtown while still in college the money and room hookups were insane ...anyways...

I remember Jagged Edge came into town and I helped the twins to their rooms (separate rooms) the one twin ( i don't know which is which just did a quick google search) anyway i wanna say Brasco was the first one i dropped his shyt off in his room and he had mad heavy bags with weigts and shyt and a wack broad with him anyway he was arrogant didn't say a word (who knows maybe just tired long day) anyways no tip....nada

2nd twin i wanna say case dinero he was mad cool we actually chopped it up for a good 10 minutes talking about Atlanta the club scene saying white people are mad and fighting to change club hours yadda yadda no tip doe smh...but one of the black maintenance dudes there chopped it up with him and he gave him his number on some cool shyt and he said the twin was hitting him up asking him to come out to the show...not sure if this was being cool or :patrice::huhldup:

also i was there when the whole Beanie trial was happening the court house was right across the street ... Dame Dash and his crew was there and i wanna say stacy dash or this baaaaad bytch that looked just like her was there...beans would come everyday in a masaratti i chopped it up with both of them very cool....say what you want about Dame homie was out here everyday beans had trial ...

This is mad random just remembered this ...back in the day BET had this show called fatty koo...anyways they were stayin at the hotel and the bell stand is right across from the gift shop anyway they are sitting in the lobby and the spanish broad goes in the gift shop im like the only person that knows who these people are..im watching her grilling i cant front and she comes out i swear on everything i love no reason to lie she was grilling and my co-workers noticed too on some "yo you know her she eyeing you up" so im like word i was about to approach and the light skinned dude on the show comes up and grills me and puts his arm around her and walks her away....i know people exaggerate on here but she was definitely feelin the kid.

Charlie Mack (will smith's right hand man and old bodyguard) and every summer he had his charlie mack summer classic joint with bball tournament and walk for peace stuff....and every b/c-list black actor was there don't remember all their names but most you see in black films and romantic comedies etc. mater of fact lala was there and my boy got to help her with her stuff i was hatin (this was pre-melo)

one time i went to a ghostface concert here in philly and sheek louch opened for him....very dope show....anyway after the concert sheek was out in the lobby signing autographs taking pics selling cds or whatever.....no security just chillin choppin it up this dude is beyond cool and humble felt like one of the homies ....

I know her from Fatty Koo. They used to be called serendipity and we came up in the same youth program. You could have pulled Gabby. The piano nikka hated on me once, they were at my brother's crib and she was about to come her drunk ass down the street to get piped. Ol gayface said "she's good bro she can stay here"....nikka hated tactfully, though

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
I got a couple, nothing great, just after show type shyt.

Went to the Tech N9ne/Slaughterhouse tour few years back with my girl, bro and buddy. SH went on first, did their thing, then Tech went on. My bro and buddy were basically there for SH, so they go to the bar, while me and my girl stay to watch Tech (yeah, the stories are true, dude is INSANE live). Anyways, show going on, and I get a text. My bro said they were kicking it with Joell Ortiz. I'm like ok :comeon:, but he was like, nah, for real, come down. Was the middle of the set, and we were very near the front, so I said fukk it. After the show, we (me and my girl) go to the bar to meet up with my bro and buddy, and they're sitting there chilling with Crooked I (Joell had left). I say what up to Crook, he dapped me up, and my girl straight sharked his drink. I mean, legit went right up to him, took his drink and finished it. :deadmanny: I bought him another, and my bro was like (to Crook) "this my bro I was telling you about, MAD Hip-Hop head", and we just kicked it, talking about hip-hop then and past. Brought up all his old bootleg mixtapes that I had, talked about Pac, Death Row, etc. Dude was maaaaaaaaaaaddddd cool. After some time, he was like "you wanna meet Royce and Joe?" So we go to the bus, he goes in, and comes out with Royce. Daps, says what up, then Joe comes out, looking like he just woke up (or blazed something). First thing he did was go hug my girl. She has a thing for him, so she LOVED that. We got pics/signed hoodies from the 3 of 'em. Was a good night. Crooked I really was one of the coolest dudes you could meet though. Mad humble, and just chilled and kicked it with us for a good while.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other story: if you don't know, Atmosphere/Rhymesayers put on a festival every year in Minnesota called Soundset. It's a huge, day long thing, with a skatepark, breakdancing floor, car show, all types of shyt. They have 2 main stages, then a couple other littler stages in tents for the more obscure acts. It's mainly an underground showcase (save your CACfest for another time), but sometimes they get bigger folks to co-headline the show with Atmosphere (Lupe was there a couple years back, Ghost and Rae, Snoop, Nas this year). Ironically, with @hustlemania bringing up the DOOM nonsense, we saw "him" there, same day I met Cunninlynguists. I've met plenty of lesser known dudes that you probably haven't heard of, so I'll just tell the CL story. I've been a fan of there's forever (sorry @Big Mel), so we (me, my girl, my bro...funny sidenote: 4 of us left home that "morning" (It was our first time, and we live in SE WI, so Minneapolis is a ways away), so instead of going the night before, we left mad early (mistake, as I'll explain later). Anyways, my girl has a lead foot, and got busted for speeding twice. Warning the first time, and the 2nd? Who knows what woulda happened if he didn't have a damn dog. For the record, I've never smoked a thing in my life, and by this time, I had been sober for years (still am), but my brothers friend? Not so lucky. Had weed on him, and even worse, a warrant out. Gets clinked up, and ended up staying 2 days in that jail in the middle of nowhere). So we were late getting to Soundset to begin with. Anyways, we (the 3 of us now) get to the stage towards the end of the One Be Lo's set, and sadly (for him, not us) not many ppl were watching him perform. Dude really is dope. Anyways, because there weren't many folks for him, we got right up on the stage for CL. They do their set, killed it, and afterwards, we see Deacon The Villain drying off (sweating his ass off), and we go say whats up. Dude was mad chill, and ended up chilling with us for a minute. Asked us where we came from, shyt like that. Then Kno comes out and starts chatting with us. My bro (again, lol) tells him how big of a fan I am of them, so I tell him I got all their shyt, and about first hearing about them with the SouthernUnderground bootleg, with DJ Billy Bob all over the tape. He got a kick outta that. Both of them were mad cool too. Got pics with them, then they asked what we were doing afterwards, and we said we had a long drive home. So we shook and that was that. Deacon and the CL account ended up following me on Twitter that night (yeah, I know, lame).

Outro to this night. Well, like I mentioned, we had a long drive home. Remember when I said I had been sober for years? Well, my bro certainly wasn't, and my girl had a couple beers earlier in the day. Doesn't sound like much, but add in the lousy food, and being out in the sun all day long, well, the drive home was fun. My bro passed out in the backseat. My girl was good for about an hour, when all of a sudden, while on the I, driving the car, announces she has to throw up. LMAO, yo, she's opening the window, trying to throw up out said window, and keep the car on the road all at the same time. She got some vomit on her shirt, and I ended up driving a majority of the way home, which wasn't fun, considering I was going on basically no sleep for the past 36-48 hours (thanks to our wise decision to leave at 2-3AM). I was dead on my feet towards the end of the night, and having to drive hours in the dark trying to keep my eyes open wasn't my idea of a good time. Needless to say, we've (me and my girl) have been back to Soundset a few times, and we always stay the night at her sister's house who lives up north WI about 2 hours away from MN.

Fin.

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang
I know her from Fatty Koo. They used to be called serendipity and we came up in the same youth program. You could have pulled Gabby. The piano nikka hated on me once, they were at my brother's crib and she was about to come her drunk ass down the street to get piped. Ol gayface said "she's good bro she can stay here"....nikka hated tactfully, though
:patrice: so we got ourselves a serial cock blocker huh...i remember watchin a few episodes and he was tryin hard to get her on the show but came off like an emotion byotch

wingzboy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I appreciate you nikkas sharing your experiences but some of you writing paragraphs and I'm expecting some funny/weird/interesting shyt, only for it to end with "nikka was cool and down to earth, we dapped and discussed hip hop". No offense brehs but you can summarize those kinda tales in a paragraph? Keep the detail for the stories that have more unusual shyt about it brehs.

BigF

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In 2002, when the NBA All Star game was in Philly, me and my man went to an afterparty in AC, Trump Plaza maybe? hosted by Ja Rule and Fat Joe... Ja was in a booth, surrounded by security guards... Joe was out in the crowd, no security, just couple of dudes in TS Avirex's... Gave him dap, told him I was a fan of him and Pun... My man smoked a blunt with Charli Baltimore, thought he was gonna smash but no such luck...

:scusthov:

Your man and his genitals had a lucky escape.

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Keith Murray (golden state, cydal, saafir and more) - Went to a concert at maritime hall in frisco with keith murray , BUMS, and a gang of other underground cats. The stories about that dude may be justified. He tried to do some crowd surfing shyt and nikkas dropped him so he started scrappin with random nikkas in the crowd... By himself. My little chinese patna was like :manny: and got a few licks in on that nikka while his back was turned. Security got him back onstage and about 5 minutes after that he was back in the crowd throwin hands with nikkas again :snoop:

This was also the first time i saw or heard of the Golden State project. They announced live that they were forming a new group being produced by Dr Dre. When i heard that shyt a nikka damn near had tears of joy breh :mjcry:

Lauryn Hill (also nas and Az)- was at leopolds in berkeley one day and ran into nas, az, and the fugees. I was lookin at tapes and i seen this little bald headed nikka throwin a pen in the air that looked familiar. At the time i didn't know too much about dude but i knew he was in the fugees with that pretty ass chick so i ask "ey are you in the fugees?" Arrogant little hook head nikka didn't even stop throwin that stupid ass pen in the air and was like "yep" :smugdraper: and kept walkin. Turned around and saw Lauryn in person... I wasn't ready for that shyt at all. I had never seen a woman that attractive in person. Those eyes, lips, and petite frame. Dumb pretty, cool as hell, and feminine. I literally had the :krs: face when i first saw her. I didn't really fukk with the fugees so i wasn't even starstruck - i was bytchstruck breh :noah:

Nas and Az was there outside clowning nikkas walkin down the street but i was still on stuck from meeting lauryn and didn't even talk to them. Nas was my favorite rapper at the time too :snoop: