I GOT SOME HIP HOP STORIES TO TELL...

Daps
Reppin
Stapletown..Shaolin
if he's your fam then drop some stories, you must of been around the wu and what's up with that case he had

well I'll say this..no wu member ever wrote his rhymes..when son was 9 and 10 he would walk around with his note pad full of rhymes he wrote...my fam mercury from Force M.d.'s had him as a artist early on and shy had a song called oh shyheim or something like that...it had a we love ya rakeem feel to it...he's the real deal...had a bad up bringing but still a good person...not trying to give out personal stuff but as far as hip hop..he started real early.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
I rememeber when Ross started using the name "willow" nikkas was like wtf is this??

He used to rap about staying in school and was a conscious rapper. He was getting clowned back then because he would rap a certain way then ghost write for Trina about suckin dikk #pause

Once Trick & Ted Lucas got a hold of him his whole demeanor changed.

He was that chubby nikka who stayed fly cuz his mom had paper and would whip a Benz to school. nikka always had a notebook with him tho and you could always catch him with headphones on but he wasn't on some cutthroat shyt

I'll drop a jewel for you

When he recorded Hustling we was in the studio (me & redd Eyez & a bunch of other homies) & Ross was bumping 50 Cent is The Future which is why you hear him reference Yayo in the song.

"In the M-I-A-YO them nikkaz rich off that YAYO
Steady slangin' YAYO, my Chevy bangin' Yayo"

Before I forget the mixtape ross had when he was going under willow exists but the only two people I know who actually have it is Ted Lucas & Ross' BM
& I'm almost sure she gave it to 50

1000% truth. an old roommate of mine and close friend was messin with slipnslide with his older brother and sister i think and they were more conscious types from the north miami area...slipnslide wanted them to change all their subject matter so they dipped basically. he was nice too always spit freestyles that were fire very rarely wrote shyt..there was a mini cipher going on at an afterparty in an apartment and i was dozin off in the corner high and drunk as fukk and this clown from tampa put a sneak diss on me as if i didnt hear it..my buddy got hype and made us battle 10 rounds acapella :mjlol:. i remember him tellin me how missy elliot would cruise by and offered to take his older brother around the globe with her if he smashed :mjlol:

btw props on the stories and also to @hustlemania and everyone else who contributed

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
I appreciate you nikkas sharing your experiences but some of you writing paragraphs and I'm expecting some funny/weird/interesting shyt, only for it to end with "nikka was cool and down to earth, we dapped and discussed hip hop". No offense brehs but you can summarize those kinda tales in a paragraph? Keep the detail for the stories that have more unusual shyt about it brehs.

Man either name names or shut up and let folks state they piece breh , lol

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
only rapper I ever met was Mannie Fresh, and it was in passing.

I used to live on County Line Road in Ridgeland, MS, and you can't buy beer there past a certain time... but you could walk right across County Line and legally be in Jackson MS and buy beer all night long. There was a gas station right across from my apartment complex. Anyway,

It's like 2am on a Tuesday, right. The whole city is dead. I'm walking across the street and you can't hear shyt but crickets and traffic from highway 55. But I look at the gas station and see this BADASS muscle car.

I'm walking up and staring at the car when out the gas station walks Mannie Fresh, talking on a cell phone.

I went into shock like a dumb struck groupie. It wasn't the fact that it was Mannie Fresh, it was the thought that... it's Tuesday night in the semibusy section of the middle of nowhere, Mississippi. Imagine Michael Jordan hanging out on the outskirts of Des Moines Iowa or some shyt.

My brain wouldn't process it. When he walked by me, I wanted to speak... but when I opened my mouth it was like

Me: :dwillhuh: What the hell are you doing here!?

Manny: :umad: bytch, I'm Worldwide!!!!:blessed:

Then he hopped in the car and literally peeled off right in front of me, threw all kinds of rocks and dirt up on a nikka. I was still standing there like :dwillhuh: and only snapped out of it when I heard the chick behind the counter pointing and laughing at me through the glass.

I came in this thread with the sole purpose to @ you so you could tell this story. I still have the exact visuals in my head of when you first told it.

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
ight I ain't gon give this the attention it deserves but I wana put it out there

a few years ago I seen Nas in front the HYATT on 42 and I walk up to him and I point at him and say "yo..........you................the 10th member of wu-tang!!" and then I walked away, no dap no nuthin

I needed a classic interaction with him. his face was priceless, he had this semi-awkward smile and the two chicks he was with (halle berry meets alek wek) and (coco meets goldie hawn) had straight confused faces.

I don't think he could tell if I was genuine or some fly by night hiphop kid who actually recognized him but not fully

either way I wondered if he told jungle or someone "yo some kid called me the 10th member of wutang" and someone who knows his lyrics told him nikka YOU said that

either way a few days later I got my recognition

:ahh: makes reference to me @ 2:24

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Aight. I got a few lightweight stories:
-was at a party in the Lower (some industry shyt) chillin with a few of my peoples, and met Consequence. Real chill dude at the time, and a few mins later Jay Electronica comes thru. This was when Exhibit C was on fire. He come they and showed love, but he was acking mad irregular

-met Nas at Virgin Megastore for the N*gger release. I can't lie, I was shook. Told him "take It In Blood" was my favorite track. He said that was peace and I kept it moving.

- last but not least, I'm riding the 4 train from Bx to Bk, regular day and when I get on the train, this dude caught my eye *pause* because hes in the Bronx dressed like a fukkin sailor...after a few mins I realize it's Kool Keith
You were at that Phife tribute jawn...the one for his diabetes...I was there, we started the booing of termanology. Actually, I started booing that nikka. Michael Rapaport was the host, right?

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
I was walking up the block and I saw Lil Fame inside a nail salon that was right by Erasmus High School back in like 2002 I think. Not my most interesting rap story but by far the most random encounter
the mental picture of Lil Fame inside a nail salon got me WEAK :obamalol:

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
1000% truth. an old roommate of mine and close friend was messin with slipnslide with his older brother and sister i think and they were more conscious types from the north miami area...slipnslide wanted them to change all their subject matter so they dipped basically. he was nice too always spit freestyles that were fire very rarely wrote shyt..there was a mini cipher going on at an afterparty in an apartment and i was dozin off in the corner high and drunk as fukk and this clown from tampa put a sneak diss on me as if i didnt hear it..my buddy got hype and made us battle 10 rounds acapella :mjlol:. i remember him tellin me how missy elliot would cruise by and offered to take his older brother around the globe with her if he smashed :mjlol:

btw props on the stories and also to @hustlemania and everyone else who contributed

Goes back to what i was just saying in another thread..so Ross & nem was basically rapping "conciousally" and getting clowned for it? Overall that shows why..

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Goes back to what i was just saying in another thread..so Ross & nem was basically rapping "conciousally" and getting clowned for it? Overall that shows why..

im far from a slipnslide insider but from what i was told it was about their target market for business too and that it might have the other more established artists look a bit weird by association to have conscious rap alongside them in addition to them generally not fukkin with it. they had respect for the rapping and writing skills but thought there was more $ elsewhere and they were right tbh

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Props to @hustlemania for his stories and the others that have contributed. I think I know who you are breh, I aint gonna put your name out there, but you are #blackexcellence. :salute:

So you are a cook now? Have you retired from skateboarding professionally?:lupe:

5 star thread.

Any Diddy stories? Any brehs in ATL would like to share stories?:lupe:

Daps
Props to @hustlemania for his stories and the others that have contributed. I think I know who you are breh, I aint gonna put your name out there, but you are #blackexcellence. :salute:

So you are a cook now? Have you retired from skateboarding professionally?:lupe:

5 star thread.

Any Diddy stories? Any brehs in ATL would like to share stories?:lupe:
im a cook at 2 restaurants, and DJ.. retired years ago..

peace..

- outside of the Now Way Out Tour, I never really hung with Diddy like that.. I did go to the last taping of the Magic Johnson show where Diddy, LOX and that random rock group he had on Bad Boy played.. a lot of people were there strategically placed in the audience because it was the last show, and they were secret guests.. a lot of security, because it was Diddys first time back in LA since Big got shot.. very intense place to be, to say the least..

I would contribute more, but I'm working doubles until Friday.. :mjcry: I'll try to post more in here then.. y'all be easy.. :salute: