I finally watched that Kamala Harris Reparations clip the BothSiders love

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
This some old cowardly talk, no one's outrightly reprimanding black millionaire athletes musician's philanthropist investors etc due to them donating to a superpac, them and grass root donations should be the key. But like I said we rather be into performative shyt. You get the shyt studied and presented through the airwaves their will be no denying the impact that our community has went through. People talk reparations but don't know how to quantify it and how it can legitimately be done. If black was tired of " but it's for everyone policies " we would be doing the above.
People have been crying to the Black wealth class for ages. There are examples all around if you look.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
People have been crying to the Black wealth class for ages. There are examples all around if you look.
Black wealth class are followers not leaders, the current grassroots movements are fba/ados which is worried about bussy, trannys, non fba heritage , and marching once a year in Washington. If the grass roots level actively pushed for reparations at state and local levels wealth class would follow.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
So called Pro-black folks: we live in AmeriKKKa, a white supremacist wasteland that never does right for black people and those most vulnerable

Also so called pro black people: federal government where are my tangibles :saddoge

Make it make sense. Notice that many of these so called pro black folks are all over the place?

Look, I get it. I get the frustration. I get the anger. In the past I’ve also considered maybe republicans are the best bet if we aren’t getting what we need from democrats. I was a fool and in a bad place thinking wise. But at the end of the day we are the only racial demographic that feels the government is completely beholdened to help us, finance us, make us stronger. Other groups from Asians to Latinos take care of their own damn selves. Meanwhile these pro black folks that call America AmeriKKKa expect this nation and land to somehow bend over backwards for us. I’m not saying it’s not deserved. It is. But it’s not entirely realistic given our numbers, lack of financial power, lack of leverage, lack of representation.

There’s only so much bytching you can do until you realize we are on our own. We need our own leaders, and use our own sources of power (such as HBCUs) to create our own plans and our own solutions. Same as we did in the past. The US government has done much. Maybe not enough but enough to let us stand on our own feet. A strengthened, emboldened, empowered black community would have far more political muscle if we had more money, more people (let’s say 20% of the population minimum).

Without self autonomy we are dead. Let’s start there and start local.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Black wealth class are followers not leaders, the current grassroots movements are fba/ados which is worried about bussy, trannys, non fba heritage , and marching once a year in Washington. If the grass roots level actively pushed for reparations at state and local levels wealth class would follow.
Ice Cube tried, and look how nikkas like you all treated him. :francis:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Ice Cube tried, and look how nikkas like you all treated him. :francis:
Bad timing and felt like he was a republican operative. If he would have did that while trump first got in office no one would have cared

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Bad timing and felt like he was a republican operative. If he would have did that while trump first got in office no one would have cared
The Dems played him off, not the other way around. Scary ass Democrat Americans did what they always do, and attack the Black man for trying to get THEM something. Cube is RICH rich. He did that shyt out of the goodness of his heart and wanting real justice, and that's the thanks he got. You think the Black wealthy will attempt anything after seeing that?

Not that they were in any rush to in the first place.

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
might have a point here though native americans get treated differently than other americans due to established governmental policies

they wouldnt be able to come out of nowhere and give them that treatment in todays age if it hadnt been established years and years ago first
That's what I tell people. They didn't give reparations back then it's only going to be harder each generation later. Because they all feel like why do I have to pay for something they did back then. It's not right but it's human nature. People have to shift their focus on other initiatives than a direct cash payment.

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
1. idk why you trying to read my mind and see my life like this is game of thrones but okay

2.a policy can be for "everyone" and disproportionately help black people, and that's exactly the way to go about shyt in today's age. TLR agents tried to download biden forgiving pell grant loans the same way, even though pell grant loans go to Black americans the most

i just think its a stupid way of thinking if you genuinely believe that's not the move tbh.

yall not even addressing how local reparations programs are getting sued by republicacs as illegal either.
They conveniently gloss over that stuff that doesn't serve their narrative. That's why they only know how to present bad faith arguments. They really don't want change it would put the onus on them to be better and it's more comfortable to just blame someone else

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
Thinking that reparations specifically for black people wouldn’t be possible is a REASONABLE belief, whether or not it’s true, based on the history of this country. She doesn’t ignore the need to help black people but simply says, if you create policies that target the largest disparities, you will disproportionately help black people without having to say “this is for black people.” And that is how you prevent things like the reversal of affirmative action.

Now it does mean that successful black people won’t benefit nearly as much, but it does get the population as a whole closer to being on equal footing

I’d be curious to know the educational level of the people who are on this reparations or bust kick. It’s like most of you have abandoned critical thought for brute force thinking. And if you want to go brute force, that’s fine. But go all the way. You can’t brute force through politics without power. So why don’t I see ya’ll out in the street shutting down government buildings and busting heads until you get what you want?
Or creating movements through rebuilding the black community then pooling resources to force politicians to listen since we all know money talks. But that will require discipline and self sacrifice. But they don't want to do that. They want instant gratification with no logical plans to even make it happen. So it's all a fantasy

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
You have a supreme court that has basically rewritten the definition of racial discrimination to the point that most cases won't qualify under that. They have challenged government initiatives specifically for Black people and reversed them.

She's not talking about giving slavery reparations to non FBA. She's talking about initiatives like affirmative action which wasn't only used by brehs but white women despite who it was for. Yet again most of you have your comprehension to blame for why you always mad.

Reparations has to happen but you also have to know your current political climate. Nobody saying they won't they saying they can't pull it off right now. The understanding of why is where most of you get lost because you will what about the fukk out of Israel and Ukraine in this topic. those sums they quote are not cash payments.

They are not literally handing them money. They are giving them weapons and ammunition. Americas biggest industry is the war industry. People who think that Israel is getting millions in cash for nothing are refusing to acknowledge reality to argue for the sake of it. It's not free money.

It's always the comprehension that's the matter. "Them farmers" Dems made an initiative specifically for Black farmers and the supreme court stopped it. We are going in circles. You can't have the things you want when they getting blocked by the highest court for being race based. so how do you get them through when they can't be based around race? You make them ambiguous but also work on knocking off the right leaning supreme court. To do all this you still have to vote. Political literally matters
Then the reworded it to throw other races some bread and finally give the black farmers some too. The contrarians still complaining. They're knowledge of the issues is only surface level. It's crazy they have this idealistic view of how things are just supposed to work. They literally have zero clue how policies and politics work but have the loudest voices for some silly reason

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
Cori Bush too but no one champion her so she lost her seat. Never heard a word of support from so called Reparations or no vote crowd
That lets you know how unserious they are. They're focused on the president when the House controls the actual money. They had someone they could have supported but they're too busy making memes

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
This some old cowardly talk, no one's outrightly reprimanding black millionaire athletes musician's philanthropist investors etc due to them donating to a superpac, them and grass root donations should be the key. But like I said we rather be into performative shyt. You get the shyt studied and presented through the airwaves their will be no denying the impact that our community has went through. People talk reparations but don't know how to quantify it and how it can legitimately be done. If black was tired of " but it's for everyone policies " we would be doing the above.
You see how you presented actual ideas and solutions and they immediately deflected to take himself out of actually doing the deed. That's why I say they're unserious. They don't want reparations or actually do the work required.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cori Bush too but no one champion her so she lost her seat. Never heard a word of support from so called Reparations or no vote crowd
They seem to only want only want reparations if it is from a conservative. They have been talking about Democratic plantations and calling people who vote left "shills", that they have to ignore when someone who is a Democrat supports it and hope a fellow c00n can get a Republican to back reparations
:mjlol:
c00ning and trying to act pro-black is like trying to mix oil and water.