I enjoyed bVs more than Civil War

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
Influenced by critics though right? That was the main reason for that discussion. :patrice:

The argument for it not being bad cause it had TERRIBLE reviews. The argument for how good Civil War is because it had GREAT reviews and people were saying it was GOAT status.
Cause for the most part people were saying they liked the movie. Some didn't like it which is their opinion and fair. Only a few (the regulars) came in dissing constantly ....even the ones that liked it :skip:

In fact, there was a thread where more people here liked BvS over Age of Ultron :sas1:

Well then they are retarded cus Batman vs Superman was a complete, boring mess of a movie. And the thing is i like Henry Cavills Superman, i really liked Batfleck, Wonder Woman was tight, Alfred was great. But Zach Snyder needs a co-director cus dude is :francis:

Krispy

#FreeBigLurch
Daps
Reppin
UK
You saying they WEREN'T having this analogy in mind when they were doing concept art like this??

doomsday16.jpg

800px-Descent_from_the_Cross_%28Rembrant%29.jpg
They've been drilling the Jesus symbolism in our head since MOS, the people who are disagreeing are either stupid or just don't want to see it.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
even though i enjoyed civil war i agree that it was half movie and half marvel commercial.

although it was done wayyyy more tastefully than in BVS.
I didn't watch BVS and have no intentions to but why did you enjoy civil war? I thought the film was poor aside from one or two action scenes.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
DC movies give the appearance of more complexity because of tone and mood, but the dialogue is equal and arguably pedestrian compared to marvel's stuff, it's the verbiage that makes it seem otherwise

Marvel flicks are actually more serious, they just have a wider emotional pallette they wade through. Watching them in the movie theater with a hundred faded grown ups and kids laughing and giggling, vs. watching them with a couple friends/loved ones, vs. watching them alone, gives you distinctly different experiences. They tailor their execution to fit/satisfy different demographics.

I can understand some liking BvS more, but to me it misses the mark with alot of stuff. I'm waiting for the justice league to make alot of stuff make sense, but it's like fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, and nikkas already fooled me twice so i'm not holding my breath

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
Affleck I like as a Bruce Wayne a lot better than that stiff cardboard Bale..
And hes producing Justice League too..

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
I actually agree OP.

Civil War felt like a kids movie to me compared to BvS.

Honestly the only reason I even liked the movie was because of Black Panther and Spiderman. Mainly Black Panther :wow:.
Everything else was meh to me.

Still going to see any upcoming Marvel or DC film though, cause I like superhero movies. :yeshrug:
Mainly excited for Doctor Strange too, shyt looks piff :blessed:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Im still confused as to how DC even HAS stans :deadmanny:

Maybe cause DC writes better and deeper stories historically. With great writers like Grant Morrison and Alan Moore. "Kingdom Come" and "All Star Superman" and "Crisis of Infinite Earths" is something that Marvel could dream of doing with their anti-hero characters that don't stand for anything besides selfish ideas like revenge. :yeshrug:

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
I like the more serious, darker tone that BVS had and hopefully DC's movies will continue to have. The thing is though (IMO) CW was just a MUCH better movie. DC can definitely be more enticing to me in the long run, but they have to fine tune somethings over there that Marvel has down to a T. Plot and pacing are the first things that come to mind.

Daps
No not that it influenced people's opinion. But more so created the discussion.

He said people spent a lot of time talking about how bad the movie was. Most people were saying they liked it or its not as bad as critics are saying.

I agree about BvS not being as bad as critics say, but it was still bad. I personally will never watch that movie again. MoS was far better but I honestly believe that was due to the strong casting of Shannon and Crowe neither of which were in this movie. They absolutely carried that movie.

Things aren't going to get better for them, because everything they did wrong in that movie Marvel absolutely did right in CW. I mean the fact that there's even a debate about whether Zimo is a better villain than Luthor(it's not really debate at all, marvel took a regular made up enemy and made him better than an iconic bad guy... That's really embarrassing) speaks volumes about the missteps made in BvS.

Snyder needs to be replaced, but unfortunately we're stuck with him for one more movie because WB doesn't have any patience, and couldn't wait before committing to JL. I really want someone to do JL justice because I love DC, but at this point I don't trust WB to make it work and give people the movies they deserve.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Forget about tone, the actual BvS movie was bad!

Spiderman and Ant-Man alone had people more people actually enjoying WS than damn near everything in BvS.