I enjoyed bVs more than Civil War

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Batman v Superman provided actual depth into the Christ analogy.... especially when you view Lex as the Devil, Superman as Christ, Doomsday as the Antichrist, and Batman as the nonbeliever. Also it opened up so many possibilities to how the DCEU can go.

Civil War is arguably the most bottled up MCU film that opened up or set up nothing except be a properly well made advertisement for a Black Panther solo film. It was mostly a filler film with actual stakes made at the last minute.

As much as a controversial character take on Lex Luthor, his strategy and being behind all the manipulations to stage up a war between Batman and Superman was more sinister and worthy of villainy than Zemo who had identical agenda to so-called manipulate a war between the Avengers. The only thing I disagree is how Doomsday was executed... it could of been done better... but the actions that Zemo was doing was so random and made little sense, especially when all he really needed to do in the 1st place was to send the tape to Stark.

That what's made me somewhat disappointed with Civil War, being an advertisement for future Marvel films over summing up the Captain America series. Sometimes, having a stand alone trilogy is better than being a showcase of future films of the comic book universe.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
You saying they WEREN'T having this analogy in mind when they were doing concept art like this??

doomsday16.jpg

800px-Descent_from_the_Cross_%28Rembrant%29.jpg

you're reaching.

i'm sure terrio and snyder thought they were composing this layered, deep story but after seeing the movie it's obvious they are morons who have no idea what they're trying to say.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
That what's made me somewhat disappointed with Civil War, being an advertisement for future Marvel films over summing up the Captain America series. Sometimes, having a stand alone trilogy is better than being a showcase of future films of the comic book universe.

even though i enjoyed civil war i agree that it was half movie and half marvel commercial.

although it was done wayyyy more tastefully than in BVS.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Batman v Superman provided actual depth into the Christ analogy.... especially when you view Lex as the Devil, Superman as Christ, Doomsday as the Antichrist, and Batman as the nonbeliever. Also it opened up so many possibilities to how the DCEU can go.

Civil War is arguably the most bottled up MCU film that opened up or set up nothing except be a properly well made advertisement for a Black Panther solo film. It was mostly a filler film with actual stakes made at the last minute.

As much as a controversial character take on Lex Luthor, his strategy and being behind all the manipulations to stage up a war between Batman and Superman was more sinister and worthy of villainy than Zemo who had identical agenda to so-called manipulate a war between the Avengers. The only thing I disagree is how Doomsday was executed... it could of been done better... but the actions that Zemo was doing was so random and made little sense, especially when all he really needed to do in the 1st place was to send the tape to Stark.
I saw this in the comment section of a article.

:jbhmm::ehh:
Lex had a motivation that was good. His father beat him severely, which gave huge low self-esteem, and pled for a god-like being to save him who didn't come. He hates Superman because there were beings like him who could've saved him.​
Also there was something on reddit showing how the end of BvS fight was a take on Excalibur​
Cfxa_E0WIAAow5P.jpg

They are about the same for me. Have to see the directors cut of BvS to really decide who I thought carried the theme better.

One thing to point out is how the Avengers were congratulated at first but years later people started to care about the casualties whereas it was more instant in the DC films
This is true :patrice:

I had problems with it as well. I argued with many DC brehs and @MartyMcFly about it. It wasn't until I watched the movie again and started (finally) watched Justice League Unlimited that some of it made sense to me. There was an episode of Superman destroying buildings left and right just by being "active"

You should be Negged for this shyt as well

But yeah, Civil war was cool. More for the simple cats that aren't really THAT familiar with the comics but can just watch without needing much explanation

The character motivations were incredibly simple... He/they killed my family, he's my friend, he signed the accords... That's it.

But it was cool because of the action and seeing BP and the new Spider-Man. Not sure if I'll go see it again though, But still a dope movie. Score wise I have it slightly above BvS (and that's mainly because of Lex Luthor in BvS being a clown).

Better than Ultron for sure
I think Civil War is the better movie. But nothing from it stayed with me. BvS there were themes throughout that made me think more about it.

Maybe personal preference cause I'm a huge Batman fan.

I really enjoyed both movies. Civil War for its action and pace. BvS because of the lore and mystery.

BvS downfall is that it bites more than it can chew. Particularly in a 2hr 30 min movie and 30 mins pulled out 3 months before its release. :yeshrug:

Civil War knew what it wanted to be and thus everything just flowed better.

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
I love how the BvS thread has people arguing at how bad the movie was, while the Civil War has people arguing over how good the movie was :lolbron:

And shyt I wanted BvS to be piff, I really did. but hell naw that shyt was huff for the most part:francis:, not that Civil War is perfect of course, but it was light years away a much better movie.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
More people will agree with you as soon as the come off the CW high. People were praising the new Star Wars and some have finally realized that JJ is a fraud and the force awaken is a rip off of a new hope.

BVS didn't even have a "high" because everybody knew it was trash from jump. :mjlol:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
More people will agree with you as soon as the come off the CW high. People were praising the new Star Wars and some have finally realized that JJ is a fraud and the force awaken is a rip off of a new hope.

BVS didn't even have a "high" because everybody knew it was trash from jump. :mjlol:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL