I enjoyed bVs more than Civil War

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I thought Civil War was the better movie but BvS highs were better. If Snyder wasn't trying to do so much at one time he could have done something great. It worked with Watchmen because he had source material to back it up. But there was no point in trying to cover so many bases here except for the fact that they didn't establish anything but Superman beforehand.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
CW, for a trilogy, ended in a :dwillhuh: note. It needed clear answers.

BvS ended with a :obama: note and answered everything.
TBF, those questions will be answered in later movies. If we're here talking about still haveing questions after Infinity War part 2 then there'd be a problem.

With that said, barring the lame Superman tease the ending to BVS wasn't that bad.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Batman v Superman provided actual depth into the Christ analogy.... especially when you view Lex as the Devil, Superman as Christ, Doomsday as the Antichrist, and Batman as the nonbeliever. Also it opened up so many possibilities to how the DCEU can go.

Civil War is arguably the most bottled up MCU film that opened up or set up nothing except be a properly well made advertisement for a Black Panther solo film. It was mostly a filler film with actual stakes made at the last minute.

As much as a controversial character take on Lex Luthor, his strategy and being behind all the manipulations to stage up a war between Batman and Superman was more sinister and worthy of villainy than Zemo who had identical agenda to so-called manipulate a war between the Avengers. The only thing I disagree is how Doomsday was executed... it could of been done better... but the actions that Zemo was doing was so random and made little sense, especially when all he really needed to do in the 1st place was to send the tape to Stark.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
i swear the more i read OP post about civil war the more i think he skimmed the bootleg....u can tell who are the DC stans and who are really giving their opinions. Dudes making up stories about characters being themes in the bible and shyt just to make the script make more sense. If u have to do that then its a bad script, point blank...but some ppl think creating their own stories to explain something that wasnt explained makes for a good flick :manny: