I didn't feel like Fresh Prince had a satisfying ending. What do y'all think should have happened?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This is off topic but honestly...why the hell did Will allow this to happen? I mean ALL of it...the feminine dress-wearing nonsense...the weird, mystic, interviews...associating with Kardashians...ridiculous twitter account....why?

The Karate Kid was a decent little sleeper hit....no it wasn't gigantic, yes it was a remake of a popular 80's classic, and yes it had Jackie and Taranji bringing in some fans..but it was still a nice vehicle for Jaden, and showed that people were willing to see him in movies.

It seems that After Earth really destroyed these two. Will has said as much in past interviews, and it seems like Jaden also started laying this bullshyt on more heavily after as well. I understand it was a huge flop...and a set back for them...but most of the backlash was shared between both them, as well as M.Night, so it could have been manageable. Also, it seems like people just disliked the obvious cronyism of Will being in the movie with his son (Regardless of how much cronyism plays in Hollywood...they put these guys on the poster and people just weren't feeling that).

Still...they should have buckled down. Why not fall back, regroup, and create a vehicle with a smaller budget for him? They should have tried to get him a Back To The Future/Chronicle type of thing; something with him in highschool, but with some added hook to bring in genre fans. Or, if they wanted to go a bit more racy, go with a Dope type of movie, maybe try to solidify/build a black fanbase, or even bring in some of Will's older urban market that was brought up on those types of flicks.

Instead, they decided to just allow him to publicly implode.

fukking stupid. I can't blame cacs for this. No the Hollywood elite weren't trying to see this black family build, but the Smiths did themselves no favors whatsoever.

Sorry for the off-topic rant. shyt just frustrates me. These clowns had a chance to form a mini-dynasty, but Jaden decided to be a clown, and Will let him do it. Smh.

Little Nicky >>> Jaden

It is EXTREMELY disappointing. I feel the same way you do Breh. Allowing your SON, the one YOU anointed as the chosen one to follow and continue your legacy of black excellence and progression, to prance around dressing like one of those Cac bytches from Little House On The Prairie is fukking disgraceful. No excuses whatsoever, and Jada is just as culpable for co-signing that shyt

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
Well hasnt it always been obvious that season 6 wasnt really meant to happen? I think the show was supposed to end after season 5. But due to those changes
it affected the season finale for season 5 with Will & Lisa not getting married.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Will grew as a person, so to have his ass not being able to even find his own apartment and shyt, having no prospects, shyt was sad
Don't get me started on Will. My favorite show of all time, but, Will's life always frustrated me.

But, I'll say these; that ending definitely doesn't make it seem all that "being fly" and clowning is worth it. Carlton did it right and understood it was time to grow up.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Will and Lisa should've gotten married. I read that the writers were always working from the standpoint that this could be the end which is why one season had that ending of him being in philly. And even the ending with he and Lisa not getting married was because they realized the show would go on and I guess they felt they couldn't write a compelling show with a married will but I disagree. That's character growth. That's the proper journey from where he was when the show first started. Marry Lisa, move out and start his own family
:dahell: That could've been the black King of Queens.

Have Jazz house burn down and he moves in :deadmanny:

C'mon ABC!

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Jazz do some fukkery scam where he convince some big wig cac daughter that he's a world famous DJ and his cousin is a famous rapper, so they can do a party getting $10,000. Since the cac daughter doesn't know who the rapper is he try to convince Will to go along with it right before the party starts.

At first Will is like nope not gonna do it, then Jazz tell Will that it's for 10 grand and they can split it. Since Will doesn't what to do with himself since everyone is leaving he goes along just for the money.
Will does the Parent Just Don't Understand song and the big wig cac turns out to be a record executive that signs Will and Jazz to a record deal.
:ohhh:I would have been cool with this type of ending

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
12552315_1714479385433489_693463514_n.jpg
200_s.gif

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
*Ben Vereen walks into the Banks home
Wills father: Son I do want you
*Will runs over to hug his father. As father and son continue to have a warm embrace Will's father pats his son left kidney and says to himself "I do want your kidney son" HAHAHAHA
Negged :mjcry:

mr x

Superstar
Daps
This is off topic but honestly...why the hell did Will allow this to happen? I mean ALL of it...the feminine dress-wearing nonsense...the weird, mystic, interviews...associating with Kardashians...ridiculous twitter account....why?

The Karate Kid was a decent little sleeper hit....no it wasn't gigantic, yes it was a remake of a popular 80's classic, and yes it had Jackie and Taranji bringing in some fans..but it was still a nice vehicle for Jaden, and showed that people were willing to see him in movies.

It seems that After Earth really destroyed these two. Will has said as much in past interviews, and it seems like Jaden also started laying this bullshyt on more heavily after as well. I understand it was a huge flop...and a set back for them...but most of the backlash was shared between both them, as well as M.Night, so it could have been manageable. Also, it seems like people just disliked the obvious cronyism of Will being in the movie with his son (Regardless of how much cronyism plays in Hollywood...they put these guys on the poster and people just weren't feeling that).

Still...they should have buckled down. Why not fall back, regroup, and create a vehicle with a smaller budget for him? They should have tried to get him a Back To The Future/Chronicle type of thing; something with him in highschool, but with some added hook to bring in genre fans. Or, if they wanted to go a bit more racy, go with a Dope type of movie, maybe try to solidify/build a black fanbase, or even bring in some of Will's older urban market that was brought up on those types of flicks.

Instead, they decided to just allow him to publicly implode.

fukking stupid. I can't blame cacs for this. No the Hollywood elite weren't trying to see this black family build, but the Smiths did themselves no favors whatsoever.

Sorry for the off-topic rant. shyt just frustrates me. These clowns had a chance to form a mini-dynasty, but Jaden decided to be a clown, and Will let him do it. Smh.

Little Nicky >>> Jaden

I know you admitted to it being off topic, but still dying at this post in the middle of a fresh prince thread :laff:
Probably should have just made a thread, preferably in the locker room.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
coli militants is asking why a racist cracker network didn't give this talented brother a watchable ending to a show that had potential but instead turn it into a homo mess???????

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
It is EXTREMELY disappointing. I feel the same way you do Breh. Allowing your SON, the one YOU anointed as the chosen one to follow and continue your legacy of black excellence and progression, to prance around dressing like one of those Cac bytches from Little House On The Prairie is fukking disgraceful. No excuses whatsoever, and Jada is just as culpable for co-signing that shyt
I agree, at this point jayden is no different than EJ prancing around Hollywood. Didn't jayden show up to someone's wedding in a power rangers outfit. Will is from philly and jada is from Baltimore and I understand letting your kids be kids, but it's a difference when you let money raise your kids. I'm all far individuality, I tell my son that all the time about being a leader but it seems kids like EJ & the smith kids are trying too hard to be different and it's comes off as being very contrived to a lot of people.

That kid had talent and will could've put him in a better position versus what he's doing now. Will could've turned him into a teen actor on the come up, like @Box Cutta said, imagine jayden being casted as malcom in DOPE. That would've put him on a different level and introduced him to black audience instead will cosigns him dressing in drag in LV commercials. That's why I didn't buy him or his wife's rant about the Oscars, they talk about Hollywood not being diverse but they ARE Hollywood in so many ways..

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department

It just doesn't make any damn sense.

Will has always been so intelligent and calculative with his career....

Then Jaden shows up, actin' brand new, like he didn't have the blueprint right in front of him....:martin:

I know you admitted to it being off topic, but still dying at this post in the middle of a fresh prince thread :laff:
Probably should have just made a thread, preferably in the locker room.

:laugh:

Reminiscing on this show just really put into perspective how much they fukked up with this kid....:pachaha:

I agree, at this point jayden is no different than EJ prancing around Hollywood. Didn't jayden show up to someone's wedding in a power rangers outfit. Will is from philly and jada is from Baltimore and I understand letting your kids be kids, but it's a difference when you let money raise your kids. I'm all far individuality, I tell my son that all the time about being a leader but it seems kids like EJ & the smith kids are trying too hard to be different and it's comes off as being very contrived to a lot of people.

That kid had talent and will could've put him in a better position versus what he's doing now. Will could've turned him into a teen actor on the come up, like @Box Cutta said, imagine jayden being casted as malcom in DOPE. That would've put him on a different level and introduced him to black audience instead will cosigns him dressing in drag in LV commercials. That's why I didn't buy him or his wife's rant about the Oscars, they talk about Hollywood not being diverse but they ARE Hollywood in so many ways..

:salute:

They did the exact opposite of what needed to be done.

It's like...I thought all of these people had publicist and handlers and pr types working for them round the clock to make sure they stay on point?

I forgot about that Batman shyt.

yO2vpbN.jpg

^ Dressing like this in real life...when he should have been working towards getting a Batman Beyond vehicle on film....:snoop: