I didn't feel like Fresh Prince had a satisfying ending. What do y'all think should have happened?

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The part that killed me in the first part of the finale

Philip: So, Will, did you find a new place?
Will: Uh, well, Uncle Phil...
Carlton: Yeah, it's a great place.
Vivian: How does it look?
Carlton: Well, it's got ceiling-to-floor doors, and wall-to-wall floors.
Will: Carlton's just playin', y'all. There's something I have to...
Philip: So, when do we get to see it?
Will: You can't.
Philip: Why not?
Carlton: Because it's tinted. You can't see inside of it.
Will: Carlton, it's okay, man, I can do this. You can't see my apartment, because I don't have one.
Carlton: It's a condo.
Will: Okay. That's all right, Carlton.

:russ::russ::russ:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Last season was so garbage I blocked it out, just like Martin.
Its a shame most of these black comedies just fizzled away.

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
It was the only way FP could go out cause that's how it started..The 1st episode Will & Phil have that confrontation with Unc tellin him he needs to do something with his life and quit fukkin around.. Six years later he does only this time they're both scared because they both know Will is ready to go out there and get his and Phil doesn't wanna let go but it's time to

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Tell you what shoulda happened, cuzz...

When the Banks found out they sold the house, it should've been an anonymous buyer.
When the family is moving out on the last day, the new owner comes in...

...and it's Jazz. All this time he had money - he was just lowkey. Who knew?
So he says Will can stay there and they can be roomates.

Then he throws Uncle Phil out on the lawn. Boom - perfect ending.

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
That was a fake episode that Will and Carlton did to hustle Jazz. And that was one of the best episodes of the series.

my fav 3 episodes are the witness protection one, the mad dog episode and will going to the pool hall

couldn't pick one if I tried

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I felt Will got too silly in the last season. You could feel the character progression throughout the show up til the marriage with Lisa. Then it's like they just completely went in another direction that final season.

I remember the premiere for the next season after the wedding episode perfectly bc it started with Will just chilling in the house bored acting silly as hell. That same episode he burned the house and was acting real bufoonish. I was like :dahell: watching him tryna put out the fire by sprinkling water on it.

Still the goat sitcom tho.

I'm watching this episode now. :russ:It's uncomfortable as hell having everyone give Will the :camby: like he's not even part of the family. Plus, he comes off like a little kid wanting everyone to pay attention to him and play with him. :dahell:

You're telling me he can't go hang out with Jazz, play some basketball, or call up Lisa and just pretend they're not brother and sister now? :why:Like @K-Slim said, they started treating him like an extra mediocre lame at this point.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
Will and Lisa should've gotten married. I read that the writers were always working from the standpoint that this could be the end which is why one season had that ending of him being in philly. And even the ending with he and Lisa not getting married was because they realized the show would go on and I guess they felt they couldn't write a compelling show with a married will but I disagree. That's character growth. That's the proper journey from where he was when the show first started. Marry Lisa, move out and start his own family

Will was a bachelor. He wasn't meant to get married. Him having a girlfriend period just felt weird

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Will was a bachelor. He wasn't meant to get married. Him having a girlfriend period just felt weird

I disagree. If the whole point of the show was his moms sending him out to Bel Air to grow up and become a man, and him completing that arc from boy to man, then him being married finishes that arc. He would then have a kid and impart that same stuff to his kid that uncle phill and his aunt and moms taught him. For all the dating he did, Will was quick to fall in love on that show, so clearly he wanted that and wanted that life