I didn't feel like Fresh Prince had a satisfying ending. What do y'all think should have happened?

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
eh, we already kinda know what happened to will don't we? couldn't it be that he finally made it to hollywood and became an A-list movie star?
That's the ending I always sort of presumed:yeshrug:
Like everybody hates Chris with him dropping out of hs and eventually smashing big into stand up

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
That's the ending I always sort of presumed:yeshrug:
Like everybody hates Chris with him dropping out of hs and eventually smashing big into stand up

The difference between the two was EHC was loosely based off of Rock's real life. Continuing past that point would have either kept in line with his real life story or veered on to a fictional path with him staying in school.

Fresh Prince on the other hand was a completely fictional character. I couldn't make heads or tails of his future cause there was nothing to draw off of.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I love FP, but they jumped the shark when they had Will's mother marry Lisa's father. Will and Lisa were such a great couple and it felt like the writers hit the panic button because they wanted to keep the dynamic of the series intact.

That might be the biggest mistake they made. And watching part one of the series finale, it was really depressing to see how much Will was struggling to get something going on while everyone else started moving on without him.

He could have just moved back to Philly. That was the original series finale anyway until popular demand brought the show back. Why did he stay in California for school if the Banks were no longer there? :troll:

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
I thought it was a satisfying ending.

And what's the deal with Lisa randomly disappearing in season 6? Did she even appear in that season or did she decide not to return?

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
The difference between the two was EHC was loosely based off of Rock's real life. Continuing past that point would have either kept in line with his real life story or veered on to a fictional path with him staying in school.

Fresh Prince on the other hand was a completely fictional character. I couldn't make heads or tails of his future cause there was nothing to draw off of.
Yeah that makes sense logically,i agree but what does your heart say?:mjcry:

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
I love FP, but they jumped the shark when they had Will's mother marry Lisa's father. Will and Lisa were such a great couple and it felt like the writers hit the panic button because they wanted to keep the dynamic of the series intact.

That might be the biggest mistake they made. And watching part one of the series finale, it was really depressing to see how much Will was struggling to get something going on while everyone else started moving on without him.

He could have just moved back to Philly. That was the original series finale anyway until popular demand brought the show back. Why did he stay in California for school if the Banks were no longer there? :troll:
because no one goes back to shytty philly after being in the LA, especially the nicest part of LA.

I think Will is the type of guy who would do very well owning a car dealership

mr x

Superstar
Daps

It's not like they stayed on the show, lol. It was one ep that had no bearing on the
Rest of the series.

Mike the Executioner

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
because no one goes back to shytty philly after being in the LA, especially the nicest part of LA.

I think Will is the type of guy who would do very well owning a car dealership

Yeah, but at the end of season four, Will was going to stay in Philadelphia because he missed it. The only reason why the show didn't end that way is because of popular demand.

I didn't like that car dealership episode. A lot of 90s sitcoms had that "You need to go to college to get an education" mentality which is more and more stupid as you get older. Will did well at his job, he was happy with it, and now his mother comes in and forces him to go to school. What kind of shyt was that? It made it seem like Will could either go to college or become a worthless loser without it.

Mike the Executioner

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
It's not like they stayed on the show, lol. It was one ep that had no bearing on the
Rest of the series.

Which makes the decision to do that even stupider. It did absolutely nothing to the show and was a waste of time because of how they developed the plot. They have sex one night and now they want to get married, completely ignoring what Will and Lisa want? Why not do the logical thing and just have Will and Lisa get married? It's like they were scared to do it so they pushed the panic button and had their parents get married for some unknown reason.