I cut some nikkas off for not checking on me after back surgery

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You will be going through something and your male friends will tell you "Damn, that's f*cked up" and keep it moving.

tenor.gif

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Not ya'll spending all these pages justifying not checking in on your friend after a major surgery :pachaha:

Ya'll need to log off and re-center yourselves.

the problem is far deeper than the coli. look into men's incidence of deaths of despair. this shyt is baked into the structure of society, it's completely "normal" for men to not have deep and meaningful friendships with each other. We got folk calling it female behavior to be upset that none of your so-called friends checked on you after a major surgery.

:mjlol:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
On another note, nikkas be throwing that “friend” and “brother” word around all willy nilly.

Most of the time nikkas is associates or yall just have a solid rapport.
That depends breh.

If you hang out with them, or they come over to watch a game, etc. To some ppl that is considered a friendship.

To other ppl they may consider it as just having a rapport or associate.

Sounds like dude really felt like they were his friends

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: Homie should’ve never ran to the internet and told the world. But nothing is wrong or homo about checking up on yo homie. Especially after a life threatening surgery. One little “you good bruh” is all that’s needed lol. But bruhs either think they’re too cool for school, or not a real friend.

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
Friends don’t exist

He gettin fried but it’s sum real shyt, nikka coulda died

But also I think it’s pretty beta not to hit your friends up and talk bout it

He gettin a lot of love too doe

What y’all think

What’s good bro. You cool now? Didn’t know you had surgery would’ve checked on you

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
People have been saying it for centuries for a reason: You see who people really are when you're low. It's never been easier to contact people globally, much less actual close friends. There's no excuse for the bullshyt and if niiggas are too emotionally stunted to check in after surgery without feeling awkward then you should have been cut them out the circle.

Higher standards alone fixes this whole thing before it ever becomes a problem.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
You need therapy . it’s not designed to make you feel better , it’s designed to show you my friend that I care about your well being , make you feel better? nikka that’s what your bytch is for not your male friends , she gonna nurse you , pick up food,meds etc

I'm not one of these anti-therapy dudes I'm just saying you need different types of therapy for different people. I don't need people to constantly check up on me to know that they fukk with me. For example about 6 months ago I had a friend whose childhood friend had some reaction to a medication and passed away.

Our hours long conversation about it revolved around:
  • How it happened
  • How it could’ve been avoided
  • Remembering good times
  • Why we should be wary about certain medications
And we were laughing by the end of the conversation about random moments. Not once did I ask "hey man are you doing okay, how are you feeling about it" :mjcry:

Obviously not fukking well lmao:childplease:

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
That depends breh.

If you hang out with them, or they come over to watch a game, etc. To some ppl that is considered a friendship.

To other ppl they may consider it as just having a rapport or associate.

Sounds like dude really felt like they were his friends

Thats my point, Yeah he prolly did consider them friends, they prolly considered him an associate. Gotta have more awareness in these ice cold friendship skreets

ItsPeople

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Female friends >

(after you smash to get it out the way)

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I had a break up a few years back and I lost contact with one of my guy friends because his wife was close friends with my ex. I know he was going through some stuff with a baby on the way, a lot of work stress, etc., but he didn't really make much effort in trying to hang out with me. I knew him for several years also. In that case I know that his wife probably had some influence on that decision also.

I sort of wish he did try to contact me, but I'm not too upset with him. I wouldn't block him but it's also hard for me to allow him back into my life with him knowing this so I get where OP is coming from but I think announcing it like he did and blocking is sassy af.