I cut some nikkas off for not checking on me after back surgery

Daps
Real talk, if we were to be real about it... It's easy to interact with ppl on the coli cause talking to y'all is like talking to a group of fellas in real life. We clown each other, give each other good info, contribute to convos.

And as a group of men, what else is there to do? The only time we get worried about folks is if we think somebody is dead and then if they pop back up like @Gold and say "I'm not dead, I was hooked on drugs for a min there", we hit the :wtf::manny:, wish him well and move on.

@beaniemac got shot a couple years ago, we had a thread, wished him well and we moved on. We ain't in his face every 2 minutes talking about "you okay, breh? :to:"

Hell @TheHonorableOmarSharif got stabbed and almost killed, what, last week? How many of us checked on him. I didn't. :yeshrug:

I told breh in the thread that I hope he recovers and gets well soon and I moved on with life. It wasn't cause I don't care...

It's cause I'm not a female. :ld:

Women do all that crying and acting a fool and fussing over you to make sure you're okay. Men shouldn't do that to each other.

My woman checks on me everyday and makes sure I'm okay? Then I'm good. I'm not asking the fellas to do all of that for me, that ain't their job :manny:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Real talk, if we were to be real about it... It's easy to interact with ppl on the coli cause talking to y'all is like talking to a group of fellas in real life. We clown each other, give each other good info, contribute to convos.

And as a group of men, what else is there to do? The only time we get worried about folks is if we think somebody is dead and then if they pop back up like @Gold and say "I'm not dead, I was hooked on drugs for a min there", we hit the :wtf::manny:, wish him well and move on.

@beaniemac got shot a couple years ago, we had a thread, wished him well and we moved on. We ain't in his face every 2 minutes talking about "you okay, breh? :to:"

Hell @TheHonorableOmarSharif got stabbed and almost killed, what, last week? How many of us checked on him. I didn't. :yeshrug:

I told breh in the thread that I hope he recovers and gets well soon and I moved on with life. It wasn't cause I don't care...

It's cause I'm not a female. :ld:

Women do all that crying and acting a fool and fussing over you to make sure you're okay. Men shouldn't do that to each other.

My woman checks on me everyday and makes sure I'm okay? Then I'm good. I'm not asking the fellas to do all of that for me, that ain't their job :manny:
The Coli is not your friends...

Not comparable.

XannyWarbucks

Superstar
Daps
I'm 26. See this is what I don't understand: 'simple things, you good bro.' What's that gonna do for me? :russ:

Some of us just don't feel better after conversations like these, it's annoying if anything. Whenever someone who doesn't really know me calls me like this, I have to then act like I'm that type of person to console them. And I hate that. If you're really a close friend you know we could not speak for a month and pick up the phone like a day didn't pass by.

I've never had some deep conversation about my feelings and felt better afterwards, that's not therapeutic for everyone. Personally I prefer to clean my desk, sort my photos or workout. These things actually make me feel better, it's annoying that people push this 'one size fits all' approach to therapy.
Eh. I grew tired of parties and fukkING HATE Surprises, but my ex threw me one and invited all my boys. I'm not gonna pretend like I wasn't going wild off drinks that night and didn't have a great time.

Sometimes it's just nice to feel appreciated by your friends. We're men so we're never going to go out and say that shyt in a group chat, but even though you feel like, "you good?" does nothing, it'll probably bother you a bit more if they don't ask these things. I used to think the same way, "what's the point of this" but I appreciate it now. We like to feel like its just 1 v 123214213123 but there's always people out there who actually do fukk with you and cheering you on.

With that said, it seems like you handle it a different way and that's fine as well. I used to do things that way, but it made me more neurotic and self-loathing, under the guise of "doing me"

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember when my girl left me 2 years ago. My closest home boy just said "keep your head up keep it pushing". I got more support from the coli thread I made. My female cousins & mama called me everyday showing me support & blessing me with words of encouragement & life.

It's important for brehs to have strong female friends or female family members, they are better equipped to show you emotional support.

Estarossa

Rosé Gold
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I don’t tell anyone I’ve had a procedure until afterwards… they always ask if I’m good when I let them know what’s up. I certainly ain’t sitting around expecting mfs to be hitting me up. We all got our own shít going on and we’ll get up when we get up.