I beat last of us 2 after two years ask me anything

Rn.

Supporter
Daps
None of the side characters were interesting and there deaths/exits meant nothing to me

Rn.

Supporter
Daps
Abby's side of the story wasn't super strong either (no pun)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
None of the side characters were interesting and there deaths/exits meant nothing to me

Games not really about the side characters, I’d say maybe dina and tommy on Ellies side, and Owen and Lev were important on Abbys side. The rest were juts kind of cannon fodder

Abby's side of the story wasn't super strong either (no pun)

Her stuff with WLF is boring as hell to me, even though i like the world building. The stuff with the Seraphites is more entertaining than Ellies story

Rn.

Supporter
Daps
Games not really about the side characters, I’d say maybe dina and tommy on Ellies side, and Owen and Lev were important on Abbys side. The rest were juts kind of cannon fodder

Her stuff with WLF is boring as hell to me, even though i like the world building. The stuff with the Seraphites is more entertaining than Ellies story
Abbys entire story arch is helping two new random characters that I personally couldn't care less about. All hers and ellies friends besides maybe Nora were annoying and weren't strong characters. yea the game isn't about them, but they were in it, and for a good amount of the game

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

Rn.

Supporter
Daps
In the first game Ellie was captured by cannibals who were planning on killing and eating her, in this game shes getting offended by lesbian slurs :skip:

Her character is an over emotional mess in this, so many poor decisions she makes, wouldn't someone who lived so long under somebody like Joel be just a bit more careful about their decision making, even in highly intense situations and under distress

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
In the first game Ellie was captured by cannibals who were planning on killing and eating her, in this game shes getting offended by lesbian slurs :skip:

Her character is an over emotional mess in this, so many poor decisions she makes, wouldn't someone who lived so long under somebody like Joel be just a bit more careful about their decision making, even in highly intense situations and under distress

She’s 17 :dahell:

Rn.

Supporter
Daps
And I don't even hate the game, a flawed story but a damn fine video game in itself

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Living her most formative years in a dangerous apocalyptic world with a hardened killer like Joel, cut it out man

She spent 4 years out of 17 18 with Joel and 3 of those years were behind a fortified township. The problem is you don’t want them to act as real life flawed characters you want them to act like battle hardened soldiers/heroes

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Im in the same boat i bought this day it dropped but everytime i start playing, life gets in the way. But i got a few weeks off coming up so ima have to burn through this, guardians, miles morales which are all sitting waiting for me to play lol.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Im in the same boat i bought this day it dropped but everytime i start playing, life gets in the way. But i got a few weeks off coming up so ima have to burn through this, guardians, miles morales which are all sitting waiting for me to play lol.

You should wait to play part 1 first, its such a different experience now that they feel like one big game. Trust me

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
I’m at point where i just leave the writing up to the experts. They know what they’re doing.

Everyone that criticizes this game and offers up what they would have done sound dumb as hell. It sounds like the people who talk about politics all day and how they would ‘fix’ the country if they had power. Like ok, just stick to data entry

Nah stories should be open to criticism, but you're right about most of the criticism about the TLOU2 story being dumb as hell. Everyone who was mad at the game was lowkey nudging the game to be more cliche and have more zombie-story stereotypes, instead what we got was ND throwing constant curve balls and the entire story and had you on edge from front to back. You literally have no idea what to expect for Part 3.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
I’m at point where i just leave the writing up to the experts. They know what they’re doing.

Everyone that criticizes this game and offers up what they would have done sound dumb as hell. It sounds like the people who talk about politics all day and how they would ‘fix’ the country if they had power. Like ok, just stick to data entry
Preach!!!! Story fine to me

I couldn’t fix shyt cuz I’m not a writer