Essential I Be Cooking!: Post a Pic of What You're Cooking Thread

Raava

Staff member
Daps
made pizza from scratch for the first time!
it's a deep dish red onion, rosemary-tarragon seasoned mushroom and spicy sausage pizza with a tamarind-tomato sauce topped with mozzarella, parmesean and havarti cheese
Q5NW5vl.jpg

JLR8o7X.jpg

edit: forgot to mention the lemon hibiscus iced green tea I made too, I'm going nuts with tea right now lol

What's your dough recipe?

Daps
made pizza from scratch for the first time!
it's a deep dish red onion, rosemary-tarragon seasoned mushroom and spicy sausage pizza with a tamarind-tomato sauce topped with mozzarella, parmesean and havarti cheese
Q5NW5vl.jpg

JLR8o7X.jpg

edit: forgot to mention the lemon hibiscus iced green tea I made too, I'm going nuts with tea right now lol
you ever made dough with pita dough..?

flatten it.. get some pin-sized holes throughout it, and cross-hatch it on a grill..

perfect for home & personal pies depending the size.. :ohlawd:

thats what i made that Soul Food Pie posted earlier, on.. also.. if yall can- invest in a pizza screen.. get a large joint.. i gotta run, but ill be back this weekend with some tips, recipes and etc if yall want.. :salute:

damn, i wanna eat what @Raedawn07 is cookin up in here. :wow: we need a coli cooking meet-up, or channel.. matter of fact.. :ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots

flatten it.. get some pin-sized holes throughout it, and cross-hatch it on a grill..

thats what i made that Soul Food Pie posted earlier, on.. also.. if yall can- invest in a pizza screen.. get a large joint.. i gotta run, but ill be back this weekend with some tips, recipes and etc if yall want.. :salute:

damn, i wanna eat what @Raedawn07 is cookin up in here. :wow: we need a coli cooking meet-up, or channel.. matter of fact.. :ohhh:
yoooo my mom is gonna love the pita dough idea
that's perfect for the health crowd :wow:

whats a pizza screen?

Raava

Staff member
Daps

:wow: :feedme:

I actually want to do videos, I started writing recipes too. I need to test them all though. :hamster: I think a channel would be cool and for those who don't want to show their face they can do the hands only. I would contribute! We should have a foodie meet up lol.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
A few things I made the past few days.

Rancho Huevos
IMG_20141108_130000_zpsbo7sgaoq.jpg

Opera Cake (with blood orange and brandied pear gels)
20150609_100345_zpsbujq30xd.jpg

Apple Jelly Cheese Mousse (with caramelized apples and fennel salad)
cheesecake_zpsklooyir4.jpg
Are you a chef?

Daps
A few things I made the past few days.

Rancho Huevos
IMG_20141108_130000_zpsbo7sgaoq.jpg

Opera Cake (with blood orange and brandied pear gels)
20150609_100345_zpsbujq30xd.jpg

Apple Jelly Cheese Mousse (with caramelized apples and fennel salad)
cheesecake_zpsklooyir4.jpg
that Mousse and Opera Cake.. :wow:

that presentation.. :ohlawd:

that fennel, for the 3.. :damn:

that nuevos bangin like the Bloods & Crips.. :whew:

we need a cookin thread.. ill holla at @cook and see whats up.. we got too much talent on here, and we should be blessing folks, so they can flex their talents too..

i gotta open in 5hrs.. we'll build this week when i got time.. again.. :salute: to everyone in this thread.. great things happening in here..

M'gann

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
the plating :damn:
is plating like that something you're exceptionally good at or does it come with time? :mjcry:

For me it came with time.

If you ever saw my plates at the beginning of the school year:mjlol:. #struggleplating

Nah they weren't that bad but just basic. It wasn't until I understood the art of plating (texture, colour, garnish, height etc) where I was able to be more creative.