Essential I Be Cooking!: Post a Pic of What You're Cooking Thread

M'gann

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This the shyt i wanna cook, but my :flabbynsick: metabolism don't support me :eat: like that on the regular...and my california'ness loans a part too...gotta stay gluten free organic, hormone free, free range, red meat free out chea

For research purposes; what does your typical daily menu look like?
and i here i am about to go to taco bell :heh:

Out of all the places..
no026.gif

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
For research purposes; what does your typical daily menu look like?

Out of all the places..
no026.gif
I wasn't serious about all those restrictions, but it seems to be the norm out here in cali..,vegan gluten free local raised no antibiotics yadda yadda yadda....

M'gann

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I wasn't serious about all those restrictions, but it seems to be the norm out here in cali..,vegan gluten free local raised no antibiotics yadda yadda yadda....

haha. I guess I can't read sarcasm as well as I thought.

Last edited:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Aye, inbox me that!...After you try it and can vouch for it tho :patrice:
Maaaannnnn........that recipe was wrong. I could just barely taste a hint of it if I concentrated real hard. I'm going to double it up and try it again sometime after the holiday.
1 tablespoon of white vinegar
2 cloves of garlic minced
½ teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoon of crumbled dried oregano
⅛ teaspoon of ground pepper
¼ teaspoon of mild chili peppers finely minced (the key is to make sure they are VERY finely minced)
6 ounces of pineapple juice
2 tablespoons of lime juice
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
4 pounds of chicken for frying, cut up in the sizes you plan to serve

No way is 6 ounces of marinade enough for 4 lbs of chicken.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Maaaannnnn........that recipe was wrong. I could just barely taste a hint of it if I concentrated real hard. I'm going to double it up and try it again sometime after the holiday.

No way is 6 ounces of marinade enough for 4 lbs of chicken.
do you think it would be a good marinade if you had the right amount? i hate concocting marinades for them to still be flavorless :angry:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
do you think it would be a good marinade if you had the right amount? i hate concocting marinades for them to still be flavorless :angry:
You know what? I don't even know cause marinades do kick my ass. I've had a bunch come out flavorless even though I marinated the meat a long time. It's trial and error for me. I found a copycat Chipotle marinade a few years ago and that came out really good. I need to find that one again one day.

made pizza from scratch for the first time!
it's a deep dish red onion, rosemary-tarragon seasoned mushroom and spicy sausage pizza with a tamarind-tomato sauce topped with mozzarella, parmesean and havarti cheese
Q5NW5vl.jpg

JLR8o7X.jpg

edit: forgot to mention the lemon hibiscus iced green tea I made too, I'm going nuts with tea right now lol

That pizza looks good as hell

Also, ya'll should check out www.seriouseats.com That Kenji has some nice recipes and good cooking tips

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
made pizza from scratch for the first time!
it's a deep dish red onion, rosemary-tarragon seasoned mushroom and spicy sausage pizza with a tamarind-tomato sauce topped with mozzarella, parmesean and havarti cheese
Q5NW5vl.jpg

JLR8o7X.jpg

edit: forgot to mention the lemon hibiscus iced green tea I made too, I'm going nuts with tea right now lol
I need to get back on my hibiscus tea, that's shyt it :noah: either alone or with a tiny bit of raw sugar or honey.

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
I need to get back on my hibiscus tea, that's shyt it :noah: either alone or with a tiny bit of raw sugar or honey.
that sourness :ohlawd:
You know what? I don't even know cause marinades do kick my ass. I've had a bunch come out flavorless even though I marinated the meat a long time. It's trial and error for me. I found a copycat Chipotle marinade a few years ago and that came out really good. I need to find that one again one day.

That pizza looks good as hell

Also, ya'll should check out www.seriouseats.com That Kenji has some nice recipes and good cooking tips
you ever tried brining instead? Ever since I started brining, marinades haven't been that big of a deal with me
seriouseats looks great

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
Last edited: