:takedat:

Raava

Staff member
Daps

M'gann

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Damn lady, you can throw down, how did you do the pastries. Really need to learn how to bake, and make pastries.

I'm in culinary school:troll:. I've never really been much of a baker (except cakes/cupcakes and cookies) but had to take a pastry class and I really enjoyed it. We made the dough in one of my labs and I was able to take some home.

I found s similar recipe http://allrecipes.com/recipe/blitz-puff-pastry/ if you're interested.

Baking involves more patience and time than cooking but once you get the hang of it you'll find it hard to go back to store-bought:wow:.

:lolbron:

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm in culinary school:troll:. I've never really been much of a baker (except cakes/cupcakes and cookies) but had to take a pastry class and I really enjoyed it. We made the dough in one of my labs and I was able to take some home.

I found s similar recipe http://allrecipes.com/recipe/blitz-puff-pastry/ if you're interested.

Baking involves more patience and time than cooking but once you get the hang of it you'll find it hard to go back to store-bought:wow:.

:comeon: @ except.

:russ:

Oh that's all you know how to do?

My kryptonite as a diabetic is cupcakes or cake. Dear lord.

I guess that goes without saying. Lol

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That's what's up, i'm thinking about going the culinary school route, i've been line cooking for the past couple of years(although i'm not sure I wanna be in this industry tho).

I enjoy cooking for myself and my friends, but i'm really starting to dislike the food world.

but I gotta get my baking skills up.

Everything you've shown so far looks immaculate and the presentation:wow:

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's what's up, i'm thinking about going the culinary school route, i've been line cooking for the past couple of years(although i'm not sure I wanna be in this industry tho).

I enjoy cooking for myself and my friends, but i'm really starting to dislike the food world.

My brother does the same. Have to keep at it. It's about perseverance as well as skill.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

Yeah, I try to tell people. I LOVE cooking. the... alchemy of it. I love cooking for certain family members and friends.

but....edit: lets just say Anthony Bourdain was right. lol

M'gann

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:comeon: @ except.

:russ:

Oh that's all you know how to do?

My kryptonite as a diabetic is cupcakes or cake. Dear lord.

I guess that goes without saying. Lol

lol :russ:you can't just whip up a batch of pastries like you would with cookies or a cake.

My weakness is dark chocolate. Chocolate week I was :krs:.

I originally went to school for something else then decide to follow my passion. I've always loved cooking.

The food world is :birdman: and it sometimes gets the best of me. I really don't want to end up working in a restaurant because its too stressful and I can't be as creative as I want to be. Right now it's really for the experience. My plan is to become a personal chef with the possibility of a catering company:myman:.