Essential I Be Cooking!: Post a Pic of What You're Cooking Thread

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
Any Brehs have any tips for making steak inside the house? I’ve been using the cast iron to seat then finishing in the oven but it always smokes up the place

On the grill is easier but sometimes I don’t want to fire it up
If you’re confident, then sous vide it in the crockpot and finish really quickly in the skillet.

I made it for the first time two weeks ago and I don’t think I want to make it any other way.

The only drawback is that it takes time; but you’re not really doing too much to it in that time. Meanwhile you could be making your sides.

All you need is:
A crockpot
A digital thermometer
A ziplock bag

Good luck!

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
anyone mess with waffles? i got this stuffler thing i saw from amazon on black friday. its this machine where you cook waffles but can stuff things inside it. i tried it for the first time today. first try didn't go well since a lot spilled when i first flipped it and i had to start over with less batter. i just threw some blueberries in there to test it out. i was ok but could've been better. guessing since i put less batter the second time it wasn't as good. i was reading that my batter wasn't thick enough so thats why it leaked. I'll have to try again tomorrow and get more practice. i be seeing people putting all kind of ingredients on there. hopefully i get the hang of it so i can experiment more.

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
anyone mess with waffles? i got this stuffler thing i saw from amazon on black friday. its this machine where you cook waffles but can stuff things inside it. i tried it for the first time today. first try didn't go well since a lot spilled when i first flipped it and i had to start over with less batter. i just threw some blueberries in there to test it out. i was ok but could've been better. guessing since i put less batter the second time it wasn't as good. i was reading that my batter wasn't thick enough so thats why it leaked. I'll have to try again tomorrow and get more practice. i be seeing people putting all kind of ingredients on there. hopefully i get the hang of it so i can experiment more.

I have a regular waffle maker, and I was for real thinking yesterday about putting stuff in it with the batter. But I fukking WANT THAT, please post link

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

Bruh I saw that exact model on Amazon and said nah. My mind said stuffed marshmallow waffles with nuttella drizzle, graham cracker crumbles and brown sugar syrup.

I’d be dead in 2 days, with the shyt I dream up.

2LMP4s.gif

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Bruh I saw that exact model on Amazon and said nah. My mind said stuffed marshmallow waffles with nuttella drizzle, graham cracker crumbles and brown sugar syrup.

I’d be dead in 2 days, with the shyt I dream up.

2LMP4s.gif

yeah i feel you on that. i gotta watch my blood sugar so i can only use it every couple of days and i been using splenda instead of actual sugar. been getting the hang of it but not going too crazy yet. added some raspberries to go with the blueberries i tried the first time. wanna add some chicken for a chicken and waffles blend eventually. gotta see what i can add thats healthy and tastes good. i've gotten better at it. need to find new recipes tho.

7V3g9sg.jpg

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
yeah i feel you on that. i gotta watch my blood sugar so i can only use it every couple of days and i been using splenda instead of actual sugar. been getting the hang of it but not going too crazy yet. added some raspberries to go with the blueberries i tried the first time. wanna add some chicken for a chicken and waffles blend eventually. gotta see what i can add thats healthy and tastes good. i've gotten better at it. need to find new recipes tho.

7V3g9sg.jpg

Try a chicken curry waffle, I had it in Belgium and it was :banderas:

Really any type of meal with a thick sauce:dame: should work well in it.

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
@Caca-faat have you made Shepherds Pie with lamb before? Thought I'd try the "traditional" way but not really feeling it :francis:
Yes. What method did you use?

The ground lamb method isn’t the best way I don’t think.

You may want to use a portion of the leg or shoulder and stew it till it can be shredded. Then use that as your base. You also NEED mint sauce in your stew. Trust me on this it makes all the difference.

If your gonna do it, do it on a day you can baby it.

Mint sauce recipe - I don’t know if they sell it in shops in the states.

Season your meat with the usual dry rub onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt pepper, rosemary etc etc. I like to add mint sauce into my marinade.

You will also need rosemary, fresh is better but dried will do. To get the flavour you need rosemary its pretty Essential and goes hand in hand with lamb.

Fresh thyme- always fresh thyme; dried thyme is an abomination.

Add ur usual stew ingredients, carrots, onions, tomato paste, celery, lamb bullion etc and slowly stew it.

If you want to be fancy ( I always do ) you can cover your shredded, pulled lamb with flakey puff pastry and bake it to golden perfection and put ur mash on the side.

fukk, now I want shepherds pie at 11:30 am. I’m gonna have to make it this weekend if I have time. If I make it before you I’ll try and video it and post it for you to see.

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
Yes. What method did you use?

The ground lamb method isn’t the best way I don’t think.

You may want to use a portion of the leg or shoulder and stew it till it can be shredded. Then use that as your base. You also NEED mint sauce in your stew. Trust me on this it makes all the difference.

If your gonna do it, do it on a day you can baby it.

Mint sauce recipe - I don’t know if they sell it in shops in the states.

Season your meat with the usual dry rub onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt pepper, rosemary etc etc. I like to add mint sauce into my marinade.

You will also need rosemary, fresh is better but dried will do. To get the flavour you need rosemary its pretty Essential and goes hand in hand with lamb.

Fresh thyme- always fresh thyme; dried thyme is an abomination.

Add ur usual stew ingredients, carrots, onions, tomato paste, celery, lamb bullion etc and slowly stew it.

If you want to be fancy ( I always do ) you can cover your shredded, pulled lamb with flakey puff pastry and bake it to golden perfection and put ur mash on the side.

fukk, now I want shepherds pie at 11:30 am. I’m gonna have to make it this weekend if I have time. If I make it before you I’ll try and video it and post it for you to see.
KlutzyMarriedJaguarundi-max-1mb.gif

I always appreciate your answers. A demonstration vid would be dope!

I used ground beef and lamb. I use beef primarily, just figured out that's actually Cottage Pie, but wanted to try something new. The taste was a bit off putting at first but I think that's because I didn't prepare it properly and I'm not accustomed to lamb.

Hold up, you might be on to something with the baked puff pastry and mash on the side:ohhh:

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
KlutzyMarriedJaguarundi-max-1mb.gif

I always appreciate your answers. A demonstration vid would be dope!

I used ground beef and lamb. I use beef primarily, just figured out that's actually Cottage Pie, but wanted to try something new. The taste was a bit off putting at first but I think that's because I didn't prepare it properly and I'm not accustomed to lamb.

Hold up, you might be on to something with the baked puff pastry and mash on the side:ohhh:
To be fair I think back in the day they would have used lamb stew to make this as ground meat wasn’t a thing. Ground lamb is fine but if you want a sumptuous, decadent meal put the time into it.

Mixing the beef and lamb meat would be weird, stick to one or the other for purity’s sake.

If you’re not used to the taste of lamb ground meat isn’t the way to go, try making lamb chops. Lamb is quite gamey but delicious when done correctly. It cooks exactly like a steak would, but remember with lamb rosemary is a match made in heaven.

Another tip, when picking any meat for stewing, you want tough cuts, that are usually cheap, so parts like the neck are excellent.

Do you have a butcher counter near you they will usually have all you need.