Essential I Be Cooking!: Post a Pic of What You're Cooking Thread

Daps
Reppin
California
luFJr4t.jpg

Surf and Turf. Perfect Medium rare steak, grilled shrimp, roasted mediterranean vegetables and rosemary potatoes.

MLF2v0h.jpg

Croissants with sea salt. I tweaked the recipe to add more butter

tNws3v8.jpg

My first salad of the summer. Grilled conference pears, garlic mushrooms, homemade croutons, griddled stem broccoli, avocados and a fish cake in the middle.

1SnxV0x.jpg

This was a super easy spaghetti and garlic mussels dish. I’ve made it twice this week.
Nygga first off, dope meals. And second, what kinda camera you use??

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
Try doing steamed fish. I usually use a whole fish but you can use thick cuts of sliced salmon. Season with whatever you see fit.

I usually use onion powder, garlic powder, chilli powder, Maggie liquid seasoning or soy sauce

Chop:

Onion
Garlic
Tomatoes
Fresh thyme
1 red bell pepper
1/4 habanero

You will also need 1 can full fat coconut milk, A couple of all spice berries or 1/4 tsp of all spice powder 7 okras sliced

Fry off all fresh seasonings in olive oil except the okra. Add the fish, cover in the whole can of coconut milk add a knob of butter 2 tbsps of ketchup and let simmer for 20 mins. After 10 mins add your okra and let simmer for the remaining 10. Serve over rice.

This is super quick and is a go to weekday meal of mine.

Akae Beka

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
PmluKeq.jpg
I like experimenting with different foods and creating my own twist on it. Jollof quinoa, fried plantains, lentils and coconut brocolli with coconut curry salmon and halibut

VXLBjAo.jpg
this was a scallop and shrimp salad I made for a special needs individual

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
BACieoF.jpg

Chicken macaroni. Was decent. Not perfect but came out good.

Here's the recipe we used. Substituted tomatoes for the hot sauce and used chicken breast instead of rotisserie chicken. Also did a variety of macaroni not just elbow. Mixed in some wheat, shells, and some other pack my homegirl had. Just whatever was available. On my second plate now. I'm bout to make something :banderas: after I'm done. Smores crunch wraps coming soon. :wow:

7WHG469.jpg

Ahsha

Pro
Daps
What other ways can one add photos?

Edited: I figured out a way. .

Last edited:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
:lupe: Can 1 of y'all explain what's the difference between a wet rub & a marinade?

A rub is essentially a blend of seasonings and spices used to add flavor to meat/veggies before cooking. A wet rub will have some liquid elements to it

E.g. Rub might consist of: black pepper, salt, paprika, curry, oregano, red pepper etc. A wet rub would be all of the aforementioned with the addition of say lemon juice or hot sauce.

A marinade on the other hand is a liquid based "sauce" if you will, that will usually coat/immerse the marinated item.

The key difference is the base. Wet rub is primarily a dry, solid base with some liquid elements whereas the marinade is primarily liquid.