Essential I Be Cooking!: Post a Pic of What You're Cooking Thread

Marti

Tete status
Daps
Reppin
vqDc36N.jpg

Warm goats cheese salad with everything in it.

ZimQaPs.jpg

I made Quiche for the masses
Hey can u pm me the recipe for both :lupe:

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
luFJr4t.jpg

Surf and Turf. Perfect Medium rare steak, grilled shrimp, roasted mediterranean vegetables and rosemary potatoes.

MLF2v0h.jpg

Croissants with sea salt. I tweaked the recipe to add more butter

tNws3v8.jpg

My first salad of the summer. Grilled conference pears, garlic mushrooms, homemade croutons, griddled stem broccoli, avocados and a fish cake in the middle.

1SnxV0x.jpg

This was a super easy spaghetti and garlic mussels dish. I’ve made it twice this week.
You must do this for a living :patrice:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
to the brehs/brehettes that really get down in here - what are some good, healthy, fish recipes? i struggle with fish and the only time i really get it to come out well is searing with with butter and oil, although i have some good parchment steamed recipes too. but i'm trying to be health so can't add too much fat or breading, and my cheap ass gas grill aint good for grilling fish, and im certainly not firing up the charcoal during the week :jbhmm:

@jerniebert @hustlemania @Caca-faat

SeveroDrgnfli

Ain't nobody tryin to get indicted.
Daps
Reppin
Always
to the brehs/brehettes that really get down in here - what are some good, healthy, fish recipes? i struggle with fish and the only time i really get it to come out well is searing with with butter and oil, although i have some good parchment steamed recipes too. but i'm trying to be health so can't add too much fat or breading, and my cheap ass gas grill aint good for grilling fish, and im certainly not firing up the charcoal during the week :jbhmm:

What kind of fish do you like? I've got a handful of recipes that don't involve grilling, smoking, frying, or adding additional fat. Thing is you have to like the way fish tastes, and if you tell me what kind of fish you like I can find a flavor or style you'd enjoy.

Thing is "healthy" or "low fat" cooking is very tricky, especially with meat and sea food because the additional fat keeps it moist and curbs the fish taste. The additional fat makes the dish, not really the fish IMO. Beautiful thing about fish is it's so simple to cook, the simplier you prepare the better it is I.G. sashimi.

If I cook fish I cook it Belgian style or Asian. Western European and South East Asian fish recipes add little to no fat to the fish. Research Belgian Mackerel recipes. They're going to seem weird off top, but once you try them you'll see how delicious they are. I assure you nobody around you is cooking Western European fish dishes. You'll be stunting on everybody. Everything about it is different than what we're used to in the states. The flavor profile is wild. Sweet, salty, creamy, lil sour, and then neutral. It's fascinating and delicious. Belgium IMO does white fish the best and Japan kills red fish like tuna.

I think Caribbean countries have stewed fish recipes. I haven't cooked or eaten them but they look delicious and simple.

Last edited:

SeveroDrgnfli

Ain't nobody tryin to get indicted.
Daps
Reppin
Always
ndla80.png

I baked some chicken breasts and cut them up and sautéed it in chicken broth with cauliflower rice, corn and black beans, green peppers, onions. Threw avocado on top but this came out good, I’m nearly finished.
This is a great idea, how do you eat it? I want to flip this recipe.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
What kind of fish do you like? I've got a handful of recipes that don't involve grilling, smoking, frying, or adding additional fat. Thing is you have to like the way fish tastes, and if you tell me what kind of fish you like I can find a flavor or style you'd enjoy.

Thing is "healthy" or "low fat" cooking is very tricky, especially with meat and sea food because the additional fat keeps it moist and curbs the fish taste. The additional fat makes the dish, not really the fish IMO. Beautiful thing about fish is it's so simple to cook, the simplier you prepare the better it is I.G. sashimi.

If I cook fish I cook it Belgian style or Asian. Western European and South East Asian fish recipes add little to no fat to the fish. Research Belgian Mackerel recipes. They're going to seem weird off top, but once you try them you'll see how delicious they are. I assure you nobody around you is cooking Western European fish dishes. You'll be stunting on everybody. Everything about it is different than what we're used to in the states. The flavor profile is wild. Sweet, salty, creamy, lil sour, and then neutral. It's fascinating and delicious. Belgium IMO does white fish the best and Japan kills red fish like tuna.

I think Caribbean countries have stewed fish recipes. I haven't cooked or eaten them but they look delicious and simple.
I like a lot of fish varieties - easier to list the ones I'm so so on and those tend to be the fatty fish - salmon, trout, mackerel etc. not really into those, but things like snapper, flounder/grouper, sole, tilapia. white fish (bass, halibut, haddock, etc) are all good.

Edit: and you're right about Caribbean, and I love Caribbean dishes, I'm going to look for some recipes.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
This is a great idea, how do you eat it? I want to flip this recipe.

I ate it as-is with avocado on top, like a chicken bowl, also tasted good cold.

Otherwise it’s a perfect Latin dish, can put it on tacos, burritos, fajitas obv with rice instead of cauliflower.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Brehs and brehettes I need help. I’m trying to start eating more baked chicken with veggies and rice. What do you guys do to get your chicken breasts to taste good? When I go out places and eat baked/grilled chicken it has a :ohlawd: taste..when I try at home it’s dry with no taste and I end up just eating out :scust: please hell a young novice out here :sadcam:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Brehs and brehettes I need help. I’m trying to start eating more baked chicken with veggies and rice. What do you guys do to get your chicken breasts to taste good? When I go out places and eat baked/grilled chicken it has a :ohlawd: taste..when I try at home it’s dry with no taste and I end up just eating out :scust: please hell a young novice out here :sadcam:
Folks in this thread have mentioned several times that brining chicken does the trick. Do a search for "brine" within this thread.

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876

Are you strictly referring to fish or are u ok with shell fish?