Essential I Be Cooking!: Post a Pic of What You're Cooking Thread

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
luFJr4t.jpg

Surf and Turf. Perfect Medium rare steak, grilled shrimp, roasted mediterranean vegetables and rosemary potatoes.

MLF2v0h.jpg

Croissants with sea salt. I tweaked the recipe to add more butter

tNws3v8.jpg

My first salad of the summer. Grilled conference pears, garlic mushrooms, homemade croutons, griddled stem broccoli, avocados and a fish cake in the middle.

1SnxV0x.jpg

This was a super easy spaghetti and garlic mussels dish. I’ve made it twice this week.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
I feel you on the kitchen appliance thing....and I bought the copper pot a couple weeks ago :dead:

But the instant pot is great for cooking in a minimal amount of time. I've never used a regular pressure cooker before so I can't compare it to that. So far I've cooked a whole chicken, legs & thighs, corned beef, pot roast, beef ribs, & pork ribs. The time saved compared to baking or using a crock pot is a huge plus. I hate to sound like a infomercial but corn on the cob done on less than 10 minutes, baked potatoes less than 15. The instant pot also has other functions as well. You can sauté, steam, make soups and all that. It can even make yogurt, which I might try one day even though I don't eat it lol.

I copped it on sale for $70 on Amazon a couple weeks back. This has relegated my sous vide cooker to being used for steaks only.

Which version of the Insta Pot do you have?

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field