Essential I Be Cooking!: Post a Pic of What You're Cooking Thread

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've only used it once:snoop:
Of course I had to try eggs and the shyt looked just like the commercial. Cracked the eggs directly in the pan they slid all around as they cooked. I didn't get a knife but I did get a steamer basket. This is what I have.
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto..._id=46601063&gclid=CJ7oo5GX2c4CFVFahgod6QsN_g

the one you haves infomercial comes right before or after this one. same concept just different shaped pot. i think if i were to cop one id get the one you got, the one i posted comes with the knife if you order off the tv.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Cauliflower pizza with turkey pepperoni

1wG6uGj.jpg

Chef

All Star
Daps
fukk that, shyt looks good. I miss regular pizza :noah:

I'm trying to lose weight and cutting out pizza is the WOAT. :upsetfavre: I use to make it in bulk and make a pie off and on through the week or give them away. Now I just do a pie once a week. :manny:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Teach me to make some good ass fried chicken. I bought an organic chicken over the weekend and roasted it, God damn it was amazing. :ohlawd: I'm just imagining how better it would be fried to golden perfection. :wow:

Play the video at 2x or more for the process.
After you coat it let it rest for 15 to dry up naturally so you don't have wet and dry spots in / on the chicken. A lot of people will tell you to flash fry and finish in the oven...imo just fry it at a lower temp longer then you have crispy but not burned and thoroughly cooked chicken. People will say "if you cook it too fast...." You should cook all meats at room temperature. Not out the fridge then slow cook it, not out the freezer for an hour or under warm water for 15 mins.

But hey in your own kitchen everyone is a Michelin chef :yeshrug:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm trying to lose weight and cutting out pizza is the WOAT. :upsetfavre: I use to make it in bulk and make a pie off and on through the week or give them away. Now I just do a pie once a week. :manny:

You know you could cook up 2 or 3 pies a week. Just eat 1-2 slices every 3-4 hours. You'll consume under 1800 calories and get adequate protein, carbs and fats. Just drink water and don't dip it in garlic butter or ranch.

If your pizza has 6 slices eat one a day and keep cooking them up. Or cook larger pizza's with larger slices and eat it over 2 days....and use the right toppings, chicken or beef for meats (theres a thing call beef sauce and beef bacon and turkey pepperoni if you must, no pig parts) and lots of veggies...ill give you a tip...herbs

I went on a pizza making spree some time back. Real garlic parm sauce, fresh cheese, chicken, mushrooms, red onion...herbs...

Edit : this has prosciutto not red onion. Allah forgave me tho :blessed:
IMG_20160410_182634_zps4vww74sk.jpg

Last edited:

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
Teach me to make some good ass fried chicken. I bought an organic chicken over the weekend and roasted it, God damn it was amazing. :ohlawd: I'm just imagining how better it would be fried to golden perfection. :wow:
Buttermilk/hot sauce marinade. Throw in some of your favorite seasonings salts if thats your thing too. 2hrs to overnight.

For the flour you can mix self rising and half cornstarch with a seasoning salt of your choice or use some of this
51ZOvgGHceL.jpg
. Let it sit so the moisture can absorb the flour, you can double dip into the flour but the extra coating will fall off during frying and make your grease all nasty.

Like dude said you can fry halfway and finish in a 350° oven (this is my preferred method, I do it on a baking rack over a cookie sheet, it helps to cook out the extra grease for me plus keep the chicken hot and crispy until I finish) or you can fry at a lower temperature.

Also if you have a baking sheet with a rack
30b0052baa76.jpg
then let your chicken sit there after cooking. Putting it on a paper towel will make your skin soggy.

Chef

All Star
Daps
You know you could cook up 2 or 3 pies a week. Just eat 1-2 slices every 3-4 hours. You'll consume under 1800 calories and get adequate protein, carbs and fats. Just drink water and don't dip it in garlic butter or ranch.

If your pizza has 6 slices eat one a day and keep cooking them up. Or cook larger pizza's with larger slices and eat it over 2 days....and use the right toppings, chicken or beef for meats (theres a thing call beef sauce and beef bacon and turkey pepperoni if you must, no pig parts) and lots of veggies...ill give you a tip...herbs

I went on a pizza making spree some time back. Real garlic parm sauce, fresh cheese, chicken, mushrooms, red onion...herbs...

Edit : this has prosciutto not red onion. Allah forgave me tho :blessed:
IMG_20160410_182634_zps4vww74sk.jpg

Ranch on pizza.:scust: I thought bread = bad so that's why I limit the pizza eating and I don't share when I make a whole pie. :yeshrug:

I'm trying to get that Sicilian pizza crust in my homemade pizzas. I don't think the aluminum baking tray is enough, I need something like cast iron. I have some fresh tomato sauce in the fridge so I might make more. I hope it's still good though. :lupe: