@Ahsha

Let me send you some with a oiled back rub

:shaq:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
20160807_000333_zpsfjf9k0et.jpg

It's out of love that I want to pos rep for grilling but neg rep for eating pork.
Jerk pork on the grill
Beef ribs made in the instant pot. I love this thing. Took about 30 minutes total and afterwards I put them under the broiler to get a little char on them
28678224710_3895b400a0_z_d.jpg

How did they taste?

This is what my dinners have looked like for a minute
IMG_20160821_1801554_zpswfyes47l.jpg
IMG_20160821_1808446_zpszrpnemiv.jpg

Steamed trout and Steamed vegetables.

IMG_20160823_0123431_zps9xxfb9vg.jpg

Bran bread.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ribs came out really good and tender. I much prefer them on the grill but the time saved using the instant pot can't be beat tho.
Insta-pot huh? Try to sell me on it. Last thing I need is another kitchen appliance. How is this different than a crock pot? I'll look up some reviews and such...I like knowing whats out there. I usually end up watching infomercials and laughing because they are so fake, but it lets me know whats out there.
They got this copper pot thing (actually a couple of different ones on different infomercials, same concept different product/makers) but they say something like "Tired of spending hundred of dollars on cast iron skillets or non stick cookware?" I did the research turns out while it is pricey you can buy one 10 inch or 12 inch non stick pan and that bytch will last you 30 years :manny: Thats pretty damn good. I mean for $200 if it lasts you 10 years even that is good (to me). But then they sell you something even better with some 'new technology' for only 19.99 :stopitslime:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Insta-pot huh? Try to sell me on it. Last thing I need is another kitchen appliance. How is this different than a crock pot? I'll look up some reviews and such...I like knowing whats out there. I usually end up watching infomercials and laughing because they are so fake, but it lets me know whats out there.
They got this copper pot thing (actually a couple of different ones on different infomercials, same concept different product/makers) but they say something like "Tired of spending hundred of dollars on cast iron skillets or non stick cookware?" I did the research turns out while it is pricey you can buy one 10 inch or 12 inch non stick pan and that bytch will last you 30 years :manny: Thats pretty damn good. I mean for $200 if it lasts you 10 years even that is good (to me). But then they sell you something even better with some 'new technology' for only 19.99 :stopitslime:
I feel you on the kitchen appliance thing....and I bought the copper pot a couple weeks ago :dead:

But the instant pot is great for cooking in a minimal amount of time. I've never used a regular pressure cooker before so I can't compare it to that. So far I've cooked a whole chicken, legs & thighs, corned beef, pot roast, beef ribs, & pork ribs. The time saved compared to baking or using a crock pot is a huge plus. I hate to sound like a infomercial but corn on the cob done on less than 10 minutes, baked potatoes less than 15. The instant pot also has other functions as well. You can sauté, steam, make soups and all that. It can even make yogurt, which I might try one day even though I don't eat it lol.

I copped it on sale for $70 on Amazon a couple weeks back. This has relegated my sous vide cooker to being used for steaks only.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh what is that and how well does it work :lupe:
The appliance is a steamer. It works well and is fool proof if you want steamed vegetables. Add water , put the vegetables in the bowl put the top on, turn the power button on. And that's it :manny: I pretty much eat steamed asparagus (8 mins) 3 times a week, but I'll buy tons of fresh broccoli, throw that shyt in there, 15 mins add a dab of salt, some pepper and a little lemon juice.....you know how people will say fukk it and eat a whole pint of ice cream or bag of chips, pack of cookies? If I don't practice self control I'll eat a hell of a lot of steamed broccoli in one sitting.

You can steam rice in it, steam fish...the instruction manual has some directions for cooking different stuff. I guess you could steam cook a chicken? I don't know how or why and I refuse to try it. I'll stick to vegetables and fish. If you like soft vegetables like when you eat Chinese food you can steam it. Steam it a little less if you want a bite to them, a lil more if you want mush.

Last edited:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I feel you on the kitchen appliance thing....and I bought the copper pot a couple weeks ago :dead:

How is the copper pot? I laugh my ass off at the commercial "The eggs are dancing in the pan!" Did you get the knife with it?

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
How is the copper pot? I laugh my ass off at the commercial "The eggs are dancing in the pan!" Did you get the knife with it?
I've only used it once:snoop:
Of course I had to try eggs and the shyt looked just like the commercial. Cracked the eggs directly in the pan they slid all around as they cooked. I didn't get a knife but I did get a steamer basket. This is what I have.
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto..._id=46601063&gclid=CJ7oo5GX2c4CFVFahgod6QsN_g