Essential I Be Cooking!: Post a Pic of What You're Cooking Thread

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
i don't even know what hamachi is but I want some

cats don't even make regular wraps in this thread:dead:
Hey so your post just happens to be related to a question I have about marinating. Do you (or anybody) poke holes in your meat when marinating? It's seems like no matter how long I marinate it, the flavor never penetrates into the meat. Just this week I marimated some chicken thighs and some boneless pork chops both for about 10 hours. After cooking them I had to throw some salt and hot sauce on them to give some type of flavor. It was really disappointing.

Try brining your meat in a liquid solution this will marinate your meat through osmosis. The water content in the meat will be replaced by the liquid in your solution. What I do is I boil some water with a lot of salt e.g a cup of salt and 2 cups sugar to about 2 litres of water. I add herbs like Rosemary thyme etc. Clove, allspice berries,garlic,onion . You can even add an acid like orange juice. You can put what ever you want in it. Boil it up and let the solution cool to room temperature. Put your meat into it and leave it in the fridge for a day or so depending on the size of your meat. Then you can take it out pat dry and add extra herbs or whatever. Then you csn roast bbq or fry, preferably a dry method of cooking. This keeps the meat moist and it's flavourful throughout. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Daps
i don't even know what hamachi is but I want some

cats don't even make regular wraps in this thread:dead:
Hey so your post just happens to be related to a question I have about marinating. Do you (or anybody) poke holes in your meat when marinating? It's seems like no matter how long I marinate it, the flavor never penetrates into the meat. Just this week I marimated some chicken thighs and some boneless pork chops both for about 10 hours. After cooking them I had to throw some salt and hot sauce on them to give some type of flavor. It was really disappointing.
Hamachi is from the yellowtail, family.. we mainly serve it with our cerviche dish(i posted awhile back).. the collar is something we rarely do for our VIP, mainly because we get so few every time we filet them.. i made that for the VP of the James Beard Foundation.. :wow:

as for the hole poking, as much as some think it works.. it actually makes your marinade seep out.. best recommendation, is to either let it marinate over night.. or, if you got a few bucks- just invest in a sealer.. you can get a good one for less than $100.. :salute:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
fresh out the oven. I can't hang with @tizabelle right now.

SD9zFIr.jpg

Daps
tumblr_o28v53iggm1rl83wco1_540.jpg

clockwise: Sauteed Winter Greens(sauteed kale & spinach w/garlic, apricots, kalamata olives, boiled peanuts, over drizzled salted yogurt, and curry oil).. Pan Seared Trout(barkley’s mill heirloom grit crusted trout, over corn sabayon, brown butter vinaigrette, fresh herbs).. Endive & caramelized Parsnip Salad(petite lettuces, spiced pecans, pickled grapes, goat cheese, brown butter, and an orange vinaigrette).. Sautéed Squid and Sea Island Red Eye Peas(w/herb vinaigrette, garlic, basil, lemon zest)..

:whew:

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
tumblr_o28v53iggm1rl83wco1_540.jpg

clockwise: Sauteed Winter Greens(sauteed kale & spinach w/garlic, apricots, kalamata olives, boiled peanuts, over drizzled salted yogurt, and curry oil).. Pan Seared Trout(barkley’s mill heirloom grit crusted trout, over corn sabayon, brown butter vinaigrette, fresh herbs).. Endive & caramelized Parsnip Salad(petite lettuces, spiced pecans, pickled grapes, goat cheese, brown butter, and an orange vinaigrette).. Sautéed Squid and Sea Island Red Eye Peas(w/herb vinaigrette, garlic, basil, lemon zest)..

:whew:

You be going in:wow: