Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
DSC00783.jpg

Jamaican chicken soup

Daps
Breh....I kow chicks gotta be throwing p*ssy at you just off the strength of your cooking. That shyt looks amazing.

I know you and @daria are chefs or at least went to culinary school right? Did anybody else?
Before this thread I thought I could cook :mjcry:

Ok, so I just looked up a recipe for the dulce de leche. I found a simple one where you just simmer a can of sweetened condensed milk. Is that how you make yours or do you do it differently?
i went to Culinary for not even a semester.. then figured, why pay to go to school.. when i could just work in a kitchen, and get paid to learn.. :whoo:

they dont teach you alot of the real necessities in Culinary school.. cant tell you how many folks ive worked with that have their knife bag, know all the jargon.. but, cant actually cook to save their life..

as for the dulche, thats one of the simplest ways to do it..

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
i went to Culinary for not even a semester.. then figured, why pay to go to school.. when i could just work in a kitchen, and get paid to learn.. :whoo:

they dont teach you alot of the real necessities in Culinary school.. cant tell you how many folks ive worked with that have their knife bag, know all the jargon.. but, cant actually cook to save their life..

as for the dulche, thats one of the simplest ways to do it..
That's interesting that you learned that way. Did you start out at like a diner or something? Or was it more of upscale type of restaurant?

Daps
That's interesting that you learned that way. Did you start out at like a diner or something? Or was it more of upscale type of restaurant?
ive worked both, honestly.. just always been creative with food, so it was cool to get around an abundance of it and have the freedom to do what i want with it..

really want to get more into baking.. it can be pretty tedious work, but its worth it in the end..

M'gann

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Breh....I kow chicks gotta be throwing p*ssy at you just off the strength of your cooking. That shyt looks amazing.

I know you and @daria are chefs or at least went to culinary school right? Did anybody else?
Before this thread I thought I could cook :mjcry:

Ok, so I just looked up a recipe for the dulce de leche. I found a simple one where you just simmer a can of sweetened condensed milk. Is that how you make yours or do you do it differently?

Culinary school isn't for everyone, and it's not the end all and be all of cooking. I learnt how to cook by watching my mom, the food channel, and trial and error with certain recipes (especially baking). I probably would've dropped out like @hustlemania, but after my first semester I won a scholarship for the remainder of my program so school was essentially paid for.

Funny thing is by the end of 4th semester I still had some of my peers struggling to do basic things :snoop:.

Daps
Culinary school isn't for everyone, and it's not the end all and be all of cooking. I learnt how to cook by watching my mom, the food channel, and trial and error with certain recipes (especially baking). I probably would've dropped out like @hustlemania, but after my first semester I won a scholarship for the remainder of my program so school was essentially paid for.

Funny thing is by the end of 4th semester I still had some of my peers struggling to do basic things :snoop:.
i think a huge misconception people have about Culinary school, is they actually can teach people how to cook.. :heh:

multi-tasking, muscle memory, timing, fast execution are some of the key things they just cant teach..

congratulations on following through.. you have some great plates.. :salute:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
ive worked both, honestly.. just always been creative with food, so it was cool to get around an abundance of it and have the freedom to do what i want with it..

really want to get more into baking.. it can be pretty tedious work, but its worth it in the end..
:ohhh: Bro how did u get into some of the restaurants without culinary school or experience tho? And yea baking is basically science. U gotta be on point.

Daps
:ohhh: Bro how did u get into some of the restaurants without culinary school or experience tho? And yea baking is basically science. U gotta be on point.
i dont know.. i guess i was one of the lucky ones.. :manny:

it was more word of mouth from just cooking for friends who work in restaurants.. chefs wanted to check me out, so i went in.. the rest just fell into place..

its crazy, because just from posting photos online.. i get alot of compliments from well-known chefs from all over.. even got offered a sous-chef gig last week, from someone in Michigan.. its all really bizarre to me, man.. :dwillhuh:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
i dont know.. i guess i was one of the lucky ones.. :manny:

it was more word of mouth from just cooking for friends who work in restaurants.. chefs wanted to check me out, so i went in.. the rest just fell into place..

its crazy, because just from posting photos online.. i get alot of compliments from well-known chefs from all over.. even got offered a sous-chef gig last week, from someone in Michigan.. its all really bizarre to me, man.. :dwillhuh:
Damn bro. :salute:.

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
I don't measure anything so please use your common sense when it comes to this recipe. This is enough for 5 ppl or so.

Ingredients :

Water
chicken wings -jointed into 3, tips discarded.
A good amount say 20 sprigs of Fresh thyme
2 stalks Fresh Rosemary
4 Fresh bayleaf
2 med onions
2 scallions
1 whole scotch bonnet/ habanero pepper. Do not chop.
10 Pimento/allspice berries
5 or so cloves
3 small sweet potatoes or yams whatever you call them (optional)
2 whole fresh corn on the cob cut into 4 or so
1 peice of yam preferably yellow yam
3 large carrots
About 8 cloves of garlic
1 packet cock soup or pumpkin soup

Method:
Fill a large pot with about 2 litres of water.
Bring to a rolling boil.
Put in Your carrots roughly chopped. I like large chunks.
Your chicken wings,pimento,scotch bonnet,clove, onion, garlic,scallion etc.
Add your pumpkin. I prefer to grateful mine on a cheese grater. You could also cut this into large pieces.
Leave your yams and corn till later.
At this point your making your stock. This is generally how you would make stock.
Let that boil for about 45 mins to an hour
Then u add your other ingredients including your cock soup. Then let boil for another 30 mins. I don't like my soup thick so I add my starches close to the end. Add salt to taste but be aware that the cock soup is very salty.

If you want to add dumplings you would add this when u add your starches.

To make dumplings u add water to plain flour and a half tsp of salt 1 tbh of granulated sugar and you mix and knead to consistency of pizza dough. Pinch off a peice of dough the size of a small apple and roll long ways to form a small cylinder. You can also make them round and flat.

I hope that make sense.