Essential I Be Cooking!: Post a Pic of What You're Cooking Thread

Lithe

All Star
Daps
Felt like some comfort food today since it's grey and cool outside.

n21yip.jpg

Five cheese ravioli, topped with a spicy sausage, garlic, oregano and basil tomato sauce, and sprinkled with Italian seasoning and Italian blend cheese. Not pictured: rolls still in the oven.

I'm probably bout to be schleeeeep after this!

Last edited:

Chef

All Star
Daps
Rolls didn't get a proper second rise. :francis: The recipe for icing was meh:francis:, I'm going to try cream cheese next time. It was good but I got to chill on the sugar.:snoop:
vEirVFd.jpg

gJ7VwA7.jpg

Fried rice with pork and spinach. Rice is the GOAT. :manny:
tKlSabJ.jpg

2Mw8PVh.jpg

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
The spice grinder I ordered on Amazon came in today.
:patrice: can't remember why I bought it

BpTtFTol.jpg

Lamb meatballs with a raspberry balsamic glaze. That flavor really isn't suited for lamb IMO. I think it'll be better with beef or pork.
VSE8uhhl.jpg

Boneless pork chops with pan gravy

Edit- taking food pics is fukking hard. I think I took about 10 pics each to get the look I wanted lol

Daps
s5cA8U2l.jpg

okay, so it's like (better than) the burbon chicken you get at the mall or whatever, right.

Except instead of regular burbon I used Southern Comfort.

Then I added orange and lemon juice to the marinade

and lemon and orange zest to the burbon sauce.

So it's like... citrus peach burbon chicken.

I was gonna plate it up with rice and veggies and try to make it all pretty for yall, but I'm exhausted and about to get in the bed. Hence the tupperware bowl. lol

:noah::mjcry:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
IMG_20160128_223904_zpssuu3hmrh.jpg

Rose apple tarts with home made cinnamon ice cream. I had to scrape the bottom of the tub to get that half scoop.

you made that shyt with the apple slices and the dough roll up thingie?

tumblr_n6koc4zbSn1tdzxtgo1_500.gif

I been planning on it but putting it off..... also been planning on making like... gelato, so you won on two fronts. +reps

Rolls didn't get a proper second rise. :francis: The recipe for icing was meh:francis:, I'm going to try cream cheese next time. It was good but I got to chill on the sugar.:snoop:
vEirVFd.jpg

gJ7VwA7.jpg

I been trying to make actual bread for the last 3 weeks. That second rise be killing me. :to:

Fried rice with pork and spinach. Rice is the GOAT. :manny:
tKlSabJ.jpg

2Mw8PVh.jpg

Rice is the GOAT.:blessed:

The spice grinder I ordered on Amazon came in today.
:patrice: can't remember why I bought it

for weed. :mjlol::umad::mjlol::umad::mjlol::umad:
BpTtFTol.jpg

Lamb meatballs with a raspberry balsamic glaze. That flavor really isn't suited for lamb IMO. I think it'll be better with beef or pork.
VSE8uhhl.jpg

Boneless pork chops with pan gravy

Edit- taking food pics is fukking hard. I think I took about 10 pics each to get the look I wanted lol

you still won. :takedat:

no caption needed

ajrn8z.jpg

sure aint. :whoo::obama:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
tumblr_o1rsxeCk241rl83wco1_500.jpg

:takedat:

baked Alaska: warm brownie, topped with dulce de leche, chocolate sauce, milk crumble, Mexican chocolate mousse, pinch of Maldon salt, & torched Italian merengue..
Breh....I kow chicks gotta be throwing p*ssy at you just off the strength of your cooking. That shyt looks amazing.

I know you and @daria are chefs or at least went to culinary school right? Did anybody else?
Before this thread I thought I could cook :mjcry:

Ok, so I just looked up a recipe for the dulce de leche. I found a simple one where you just simmer a can of sweetened condensed milk. Is that how you make yours or do you do it differently?

Last edited: