Essential I Be Cooking!: Post a Pic of What You're Cooking Thread

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
dry(wet, works as well.. preferably, the latter..) Hidden Valley Ranch in your flour.. some Herbes de Provence..

flour first, egg-wash & heavy cream 3xs over.. :ohlawd: :banderas:

definitely dope.

im comin up with my own seasoning combo maybe something i can package and distribute. the shyt i cooked tonight was dope. I got the herbs and spices all measured out, I got my process down for coating them..like I said once I perfect it im gonna put thecoli on. I just hope nobody mollywaters my shyt and starts to make some money

Daps
definitely dope.

im comin up with my own seasoning combo maybe something i can package and distribute. the shyt i cooked tonight was dope. I got the herbs and spices all measured out, I got my process down for coating them..like I said once I perfect it im gonna put thecoli on. I just hope nobody mollywaters my shyt and starts to make some money
you doing a dry-rub, or a brine.. :lupe:

Tim Dripcan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
just came back from a dancehall party my Trini friend had set up. i swear to Allah that his coolie (Indian) sister can throw it down in the kitchen and the dance floor as well. :ohlawd:.. plus she's from Canada. :leon:

tumblr_nwuobyiNwd1rc0hxao1_500.gif

she saved some left overs for me cause I was wild at the party.

rice and peas, pork chops (Trini style), and salad. i asked her the recipe for the pork chop. going to try it.

20160117_200853.jpg

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you doing a dry-rub, or a brine.. :lupe:

Ehh you can go either way. Ive always wanted to open a lil diner or so but that shyt is expensive coming out of pocket and theres a lot of shyt to do (being compliant with health codes and such) Ive made chicken wet with milk, eggs, a combo of milk and eggs, buttermilk, butter,mayo, ive brined it in salt, ive brined it in buttermilk....i havent experienced anything yet that is the one and only or a must do. im just getting my seasoning/breading right so no matter what its dipped in before its coated the seasoning/breading will always be dope.

Daps
Ehh you can go either way. Ive always wanted to open a lil diner or so but that shyt is expensive coming out of pocket and theres a lot of shyt to do (being compliant with health codes and such) Ive made chicken wet with milk, eggs, a combo of milk and eggs, buttermilk, butter,mayo, ive brined it in salt, ive brined it in buttermilk....i havent experienced anything yet that is the one and only or a must do. im just getting my seasoning/breading right so no matter what its dipped in before its coated the seasoning/breading will always be dope.
do it up, breh.. :salute:

been talkin about this lil side-business myself.. :lupe:

Raava

Staff member
Daps
Recent stuff

Asian Noodles and shrimp and broccolini

2ng8z6o.jpg

Slow cooker mole turkey breast and Mexican grilled corn

ygl00.jpg

Bday dinner I made for my friends, Thai sweet potato soup with a lot of crab.

5z3xo3.jpg

Um this is chicken breast in a cream sauce and spinach. I made homemade rosemary biscuits to dip in the sauce :noah:

hv2xix.jpg

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
do it up, breh.. :salute:

been talkin about this lil side-business myself.. :lupe:

ive looked into it. i couldnt do a restaurant i dont have the restraint id flip out on a customer bytchin about something and im a control freak I wouldn't trust others to do my recipes correctly. ive had friends and family tell me i should make a cookbook.

one thing i did look into was a smaller distribution I could prepackage my seasonings/breading/sauces and sell them online and in local stores. I might end up doin that in a couple years or so. Just put my recipes on the back of my seasonings like for parm chicken just have the seasoning in the pack and the directions on the back etc

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@hustlemania

its pretty cheap to get into the seasoning game as opposed to owning your own restaurant or doing catering services. ive been researching the main thing is preservation and buying in bulk. Im somewhat lucky because my girls mom and her grandma have dope space and grow their own herbs and shyt so we always have fresh herbs. We have fresh veggies too. Im going to try to get time to manage and start to cut and grind my own shyt rather than buy it in bulk. then I gotta buy bottles or packaging.

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Homemade tortillas :myman:

qhhyqmt.jpg

They small as fugg, but it's my own spin :yeshrug:

Preheat griddle between 7 or 8 burner level
2 cups flour
1 tbsp of salt
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup warm water

Mix dry ingredients first, then add oil and water. Mix and knead accordingly, then sprinkle on a little extra flower if needed, to achieve a solid dough ball. I like keeping my dough a bit damp, which result in really soft tortillas. Trial and error get you where you want to be.

Rip off a golf ball size at a time, roll it out accordingly, slap it on the griddle, flip after 20 to 30 seconds, depending on how well the griddle is putting in work.

It's a simple recipe, but mad tasty. I was told to use crisco, but I like the texture vegetable oil gives me.

Last edited:

RoyalQ

I'm a woman.
Daps

its getting closer

I cant fry chicken to save my life. The outside cooks but the inside is raw. Idk how to get them both cooked evenly. Then the batches i put after that get dark and burned because of the flour from the previous batch.

I find that certain people are just good at cooking :mjcry:. They can whip up anything and put what ever ingredients in it and it comes out good. Me? Even if i follow directions exactly it still comes out :huhldup:.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I cant fry chicken to save my life. The outside cooks but the inside is raw. Idk how to get them both cooked evenly. Then the batches i put after that get dark and burned because of the flour from the previous batch.

I find that certain people are just good at cooking :mjcry:. They can whip up anything and put what ever ingredients in it and it comes out good. Me? Even if i follow directions exactly it still comes out :huhldup:.

I only learned to fry food by buying a cheap electric deep fryer off Amazon. :mjlol:

I was complaining about it a few pages back. Folks swear I finally learned, but really the temp in the cooker doesn't change so I can just leave the food in there until I SWEAR, not THINK it's done.

It's like sous vide with hot grease.

Strawberry

Big Rufus is gonna give me a daughter named Apple
Daps
Reppin
Montreal/Jamaica
So much for those 2016 weight loss goals
:snoop:

Homemade fries cooked in olive oil & coconut oil seasoned with sea salt, black pepper, curry & chilli powder and cheddar cheese melted on top cuz nothing beats cheesy fries.

:ufdup:

This is the kind of shyt that happens when you buy a 10lb bag of potatoes.

:russ: