Essential I Be Cooking!: Post a Pic of What You're Cooking Thread

Daps
Hos does this work? I heard someone say this for the 1st time the other day. I've defintiely over salted things before
always taste your food.. thats the number one thing, when cooking..

always add salt, until you cant taste it anymore.. remember- some things are already, salty/brined.. thats why you taste, control temps(use them knobs with gas stoves, like controllers)

its like under-cooking a steak.. you always can fix it, moving forward.. :salute:

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
DSC01435.jpg

Breakfast toast cups

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
same as above, except I used tomatoes, shrimp and spinach. Didn't have any fresh spinach so I used the shyt out the can, plus the excess liquid from the shrimp and tomatoes made it a bit watery (which is why you really cant see any lasagna roll definition). Still was like doing cocaine, though.

Y4rXbRGl.jpg

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:mjlol: yes that's white bread, okay!? nah, the only reason I took this pic was because somebody had never seen fried baby spinach leaves before. So yeah, pound hamburger with swiss/provolone on toasted white bread, couple of fried mushrooms, fried baby spinach leaves.

Q01Wdqml.jpg

and yes, it's a scientifically proven fact that any sandwich cut diagonally into triangles automatically tastes better.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
deepest of deep dish pizza experiments. first sorta fail. It's a cool idea to put a huge italian sausage patty right on top of the bottom layer of crust, then add cheese, then crust, etc.... it'll help support the rest of the heavy ass pie when people pick up a slice.

aTkK8hGl.jpg

:snoop: be sure to bake the sausage patty in the oven first, though. or else you'll wind up with a juicy mess when you cut the pie.

hACI0j9l.jpg

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
experiment 2: I baked the sausage patty first.... sexy sexy. :myman:

LwEqqG4l.jpg

:huhldup::why: I added too much sauce/cheese so it all ran out everywhere when I cut it! Also, my crust was a liiiittle bit too thick.
kpv6eE2l.jpg

:sas2: can't learn shyt if you do stuff perfect all the time, though. I'm trying to get the... solidness of the first one with the look of the second one. Haven't made another one yet.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chocolate/chocolate chip rum cake.

between the cake and the syrup you soak the cake in, I wound up using the whole pint of rum instead of the half a cup like I was supposed to. Cake smelled loud as hell. Every time you ate a slice it smelled like you had been throwing back shots. Couldn't eat it and drive or go to work. Smelled like a distillery. :mjlol:

ZhtBg6dl.jpg

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
experiment 2: I baked the sausage patty first.... sexy sexy. :myman:

LwEqqG4l.jpg

:huhldup::why: I added too much sauce/cheese so it all ran out everywhere when I cut it! Also, my crust was a liiiittle bit too thick.
kpv6eE2l.jpg

:sas2: can't learn shyt if you do stuff perfect all the time, though. I'm trying to get the... solidness of the first one with the look of the second one. Haven't made another one yet.

tumblr_n6zdmspPiE1skh0gdo1_400.gif

believe it or not, it JUST hit me why it was soggy. Those lasagna rolls up there with the shrimp? It was soggy cause I used FRESH DICED tomatoes on top of that soggy canned spinach.

This pie, I used fresh diced tomatoes (dont ask me why) with the rest of the regular pizza vegetables. they stewed in the heat and the liquid made the sauce runny! The first pie had no such problems!

Ima perfect the shyt next time (some time this week)! :takedat:

Thanks for your help, Coli Chefs!:salute:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
tumblr_n6zdmspPiE1skh0gdo1_400.gif

believe it or not, it JUST hit me why it was soggy. Those lasagna rolls up there with the shrimp? It was soggy cause I used FRESH DICED tomatoes on top of that soggy canned spinach.

This pie, I used fresh diced tomatoes (dont ask me why) with the rest of the regular pizza vegetables. they stewed in the heat and the liquid made the sauce runny! The first pie had no such problems!

Ima perfect the shyt next time (some time this week)! :takedat:

Thanks for your help, Coli Chefs!:salute:
I had a similar problem with tomatoes making my omelettes runny. My solution was to scoop the flesh out and just use the "shell" for lack of a better word. Roma tomatoes worked best for me in this situation.