Essential I Be Cooking!: Post a Pic of What You're Cooking Thread

Strawberry

Big Rufus is gonna give me a daughter named Apple
Daps
Reppin
Montreal/Jamaica
Still fighting this cold. :sadcam:

Heated up some of the homemade chicken & vegetable soup that I made last night and made a little grilled cheese (with olive oil cuz I'm out of butter and some curry cuz I put curry in everything) cut diagonally for maximum flavour potential @Mr. Negative :wink:

I love dipping grilled cheese sandwiches in soup!
:ohlawd:

:blessed:

Bout to smoke a spliff & digest

:ahh:

*EDIT: @Mr. Negative oops I forgot to post the pic :mjlol: :pachaha:

Last edited:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No like a hard baked crust. Similar to below.

DSC04346.jpg

What you have to do to get a crust like that is first dip the top side of the steak in flour then I would use a brush to brush some milk, or egg then add the crust (whatever it consists of breadcrumbs and parm/seasonings) then let it rest for 2-3 minutes and give it about 2-4 coats then you just fry the side with the coating in a tablespoon of olive oil.

ive been breading and coating chicken like 4 times a week for the last 2 weeks. Ive made chicken scampi, the first thing I made was chicken parm. I had some chicken breasts and I didnt want to eat them bare or plain I had some bread crumbs, i made an italian seasoning and added parm I couldnt believe how simple it was.

On friday night I made these--my own seasonings, fukk the colonel. Once I get it right ima post the recipe, the whole house smells great and the aroma of the chicken as you are eating it is great too it just needs a little tweaking before its done.

Last edited:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
thread made me cook something up on my day off..

tumblr_o126ezGtNd1rl83wco1_500.png

omelette w/spicy ginger chicken, sautéed spinach, onions & garlic.. topped w/Colby cheddar & Wasabi cream sauce..

:steviej:

:why: maaan look how perfectly cooked just the EGG of the omelette is, breh! It got that perfectly cooked slightly crispy browned outer ring and all!

UGGGH!

jimmy-mcnulty.gif

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I want to step my food photography game up so bad. If I get a good camera, it's going to get ugly.:youngsabo:
iPhone gives me some great shots and I get much love from them especially with women:steviej:

I've been dreaming of cooking this all week. :noah:This cooking shyt got its claws in me. I swear I get highs from it. :ahh:PBS be having me locked in on the couch giving me ideas.:ohlawd: I'm about to fukk some pizza up. :smugdraper:

a good tip when cookin with gas.. especially, when searing/sautéing..

use the knobs like controllers.. always adjust your setting.. see a lot of folks throw something on, turn away- it's scorched that quick.. :snoop:

:jawalrus:

Strawberry

Big Rufus is gonna give me a daughter named Apple
Daps
Reppin
Montreal/Jamaica

:russ:

:dead:

OMG I think I first heard that track on an old Edan mixtape or somethin like 10 years ago...I never knew there was a video.

"it's not on when it's off"
:mjlol: :pachaha:

I miss all the apartments I've ever lived in that have gas stoves :mjcry:

My stove sucks, you can't even see the #'s on the dials, not even for the oven
:mjcry:

I'm playin guessing games in my kitchen

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

OMG I think I first heard that track on an old Edan mixtape or somethin like 10 years ago...I never knew there was a video.

:russ: I think that's the first place I heard it! I know I didn't hear it first on the DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist album everybody that youtubes is gonna say it's from.

I only found THAT album by trying to find where that 5 second snippet came from "Gas is so hot/it's not on when it's off/that's the only way to cook, that's what we were taught".

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
bacon/chicken/garlic alfredo lasagna rolls. Really an excuse to make a bunch of actual- ACTUAL alfredo sauce, which I hadn't done in years.

bgy0CxRl.jpg

5N4LM6j.jpg

eEqhB9nl.jpg

Any possibility to you dropping a short recipe for this if you have time.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

get one of these they are cheap i use them all the time, even keep one on the grill just to make sure my shyt is right even though I have a wireless digital thermometer
61rAb-aDViL._SL1000_.jpg

Daps
What you have to do to get a crust like that is first dip the top side of the steak in flour then I would use a brush to brush some milk, or egg then add the crust (whatever it consists of breadcrumbs and parm/seasonings) then let it rest for 2-3 minutes and give it about 2-4 coats then you just fry the side with the coating in a tablespoon of olive oil.

ive been breading and coating chicken like 4 times a week for the last 2 weeks. Ive made chicken scampi, the first thing I made was chicken parm. I had some chicken breasts and I didnt want to eat them bare or plain I had some bread crumbs, i made an italian seasoning and added parm I couldnt believe how simple it was.

On friday night I made these--my own seasonings, fukk the colonel. Once I get it right ima post the recipe, the whole house smells great and the aroma of the chicken as you are eating it is great too it just needs a little tweaking before its done.

its getting closer
dry(wet, works as well.. preferably, the latter..) Hidden Valley Ranch in your flour.. some Herbes de Provence..

flour first, egg-wash & heavy cream 3xs over.. :ohlawd: :banderas: