Essential I Be Cooking!: Post a Pic of What You're Cooking Thread

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
s5cA8U2l.jpg

okay, so it's like (better than) the burbon chicken you get at the mall or whatever, right.

Except instead of regular burbon I used Southern Comfort.

Then I added orange and lemon juice to the marinade

and lemon and orange zest to the burbon sauce.

So it's like... citrus peach burbon chicken.

I was gonna plate it up with rice and veggies and try to make it all pretty for yall, but I'm exhausted and about to get in the bed. Hence the tupperware bowl. lol

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ok so technically I didn't cook this, but this is what I just had for breakfast:

Chia seeds (about 3 TBSP soaked in water for roughly 10min before incorporating into the drink)

Fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 1/2oz or 15-20mL)

Cayenne pepper (just a sprinkle)

Water

I've had chia in a breakfast cereal before (Holy Crap!) but this is the first time I've actually bought chia and tried to use it.

Chia is a complete protein and is full of nutrients like minerals, fat, fibre, calcium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, vitamin B3 (niacin), potassium, vitamin B1 (thiamine) & vitamin B2.

:blessed:

The consistency (after they're soaked in water) is kinda weird but fun, I love it. Reminds me of "surprises" in your drink like tapioca balls in bubble tea, coconut pulp in coconut water & aloe pulp in an aloe drink.

Anybody else fukk with chia seeds?
:jbhmm:

:jbhmm:....my wife does this....it keeps her in shape.....I always tease her that she is drinking her tadpoles....:russ:....

my last ex did this. She used to work at a health food store, was always bringing in stuff like this.

But hey, she was sexy as hell, so it mustve been doing something. :mjlol:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
sides_jalapeno_peppers_big.png
Anybody know how they get these like this?

what do you mean? pickled?

throw some vinegar, water, sugar and salt (and whatever else) in a pot, throw fresh peepers in there and boil them.

then let them cool down, pour them in a mason jar and seal it. The longer they sit the hotter they get... to a certain point.

make them like sweet pickles, it's some of the greatest shyt ever.

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
what do you mean? pickled?

throw some vinegar, water, sugar and salt (and whatever else) in a pot, throw fresh peepers in there and boil them.

then let them cool down, pour them in a mason jar and seal it. The longer they sit the hotter they get... to a certain point.

make them like sweet pickles, it's some of the greatest shyt ever.
My nega...

Express

All Star
Daps
s5cA8U2l.jpg

okay, so it's like (better than) the burbon chicken you get at the mall or whatever, right.

Except instead of regular burbon I used Southern Comfort.

Then I added orange and lemon juice to the marinade

and lemon and orange zest to the burbon sauce.

So it's like... citrus peach burbon chicken.

I was gonna plate it up with rice and veggies and try to make it all pretty for yall, but I'm exhausted and about to get in the bed. Hence the tupperware bowl. lol
:whew:

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
348mzvr.jpg
....Prawns, red & green bell peppers, cilantro, white rice in a terayaki ginger sauce....

you just threw some raw cilantro on it? I love cilantro but doesnt that just completely overwhelm the taste?

what you made with some broccoli is one of my favorite things, over some rice by itself or even in a wrap

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
you just threw some raw cilantro on it? I love cilantro but doesnt that just completely overwhelm the taste?

what you made with some broccoli is one of my favorite things, over some rice by itself or even in a wrap
No not at all...there were red & green peppers in there along with the ginger terayaki....it was a very nice balance....especially with the prawns....

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Ok so technically I didn't cook this, but this is what I just had for breakfast:

Chia seeds (about 3 TBSP soaked in water for roughly 10min before incorporating into the drink)

Fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 1/2oz or 15-20mL)

Cayenne pepper (just a sprinkle)

Water

I've had chia in a breakfast cereal before (Holy Crap!) but this is the first time I've actually bought chia and tried to use it.

Chia is a complete protein and is full of nutrients like minerals, fat, fibre, calcium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, vitamin B3 (niacin), potassium, vitamin B1 (thiamine) & vitamin B2.

:blessed:

The consistency (after they're soaked in water) is kinda weird but fun, I love it. Reminds me of "surprises" in your drink like tapioca balls in bubble tea, coconut pulp in coconut water & aloe pulp in an aloe drink.

Anybody else fukk with chia seeds?
:jbhmm:

What's the consistency like? I've put chia seeds in my oatmeal and smoothies before but other than that i couldn't even tell you what they taste like

Strawberry

Big Rufus is gonna give me a daughter named Apple
Daps
Reppin
Montreal/Jamaica
What's the consistency like? I've put chia seeds in my oatmeal and smoothies before but other than that i couldn't even tell you what they taste like

I'm pretty sure you need to soak the chia seeds in water for at least 10min before using or ingesting them...were you doing that before throwing them in your oatmeal?

The consistency is slimy/gooey...kinda soft & chewy...hard to describe but it's fun, I like it.

I can't describe the taste yet..but it was similar to that light healthy taste of hemp seeds except it doesn't taste like hemp seeds.

Let me try it again tomorrow & see if I can describe it better
:russ: