I am Setsuna [Project Setsuna] Out now - Battle system inspired by Chrono Trigger

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I copped it and downloaded, but didn't have time to throw it on. I'll give early thoughts when I get a couple of hours into it.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
I'm about 5 or so hours in. Im realy into it so far. The battling system, spritnite, and talisman systems, the momentum, fluxes, are all dope. I think it would be enough to hold down a full 60 hour rpg.

Im realy feeling the story too. It's easy to follow, bur it's deep though. I'm looking forward to what's going to happen.

I like the soundtrack. But I think it would be be

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
I like it so far, but it could use some work. Next time, I hope they don't only use the piano and minor percussions for the soundtrack.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
jrpgs have been shytty this gen.
Omega Quintet is decent. I enjoyed my time with it.
Tales of Zestiria is a good purchase as long as you aren't in it for the story but then again this is a Tales game so story is never great.
Tokyo Mirage Sessions is very good.
Disgaea 5 is also very good.
Fairy Fencer F may be a PS3 port with a decent amount of new content but to me that was a great game. Surprisingly so.

Star Ocean 5 is probably the first JRPG I've played this generation that I'd consider bad. Then again I have Natural Doctrine still in the wrapper and it looks bad. I also have Nights of Azure and Final Fantasy Type-0 but I haven't got around to playing those either. All in all this generation's JRPGs ave been acceptable.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tales of Zestiria is a good purchase as long as you aren't in it for the story but then again this is a Tales game so story is never great.
Fairy Fencer F may be a PS3 port with a decent amount of new content but to me that was a great game. Surprisingly so.

Star Ocean 5 is probably the first JRPG I've played this generation that I'd consider bad. Then again I have Natural Doctrine still in the wrapper and it looks bad. I also have Nights of Azure and Final Fantasy Type-0 but I haven't got around to playing those either. All in all this generation's JRPGs ave been acceptable.
Disgea 5 is the only great game you listed with the exception of Tokyo Mirage Sessions because i haven't played it. But the other games are average at best. This gen isn't doing so good in for jrpgs

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Disgea 5 is the only great game you listed with the exception of Tokyo Mirage Sessions because i haven't played it. But the other games are average at best. This gen isn't doing so good in for jrpgs
TMS is basically a Persona game with a theme on Idol culture instead of high school.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps

Lol natural doctrine. I was hype for that game. I played maybe 10 hours. It was ok but it was dumb hard and kind of glitchy. One wrong move and your done. So you'd play a long level and then die on some dumb shyt. :deadmanny:

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
I played it for about 45 minutes cause I kept getting asked about it.
Take a look if you want to get an idea of what it is. Its sloppily put together for a square enix game and it seems very restrictive early on.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
I played it for about 45 minutes cause I kept getting asked about it.
Take a look if you want to get an idea of what it is. Its sloppily put together for a square enix game and it seems very restrictive early on.

Must be just your run through of the game, as I didn't get that glitch, also you died to the first "boss" in the game...:dame:

That's like dying to the Butcher in D3 or the Scorpion in FF7.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
Must be just your run through of the game, as I didn't get that glitch, also you died to the first "boss" in the game...:dame:

Not to mention spent half the video pushing against walls

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf

You must not have been paying attn.
I died on purpose to see if it was a legitimate boss or a tutorial boss where you can't die.

In many games there are can't lose fights where the foe can't kill you, or can't win fights where you can't kill the foe (like in breath of fire/chronotrigger).
I didn't even attack it, at all. I just waited to see if it would kill me or if the old man would interveine since he was standing right there. He didn't even comment that you die. So there is no point of him being there... wasted oppritunity.

Thats what gauging the quality of the game is all about. Turn the audio up, I clearly narrate that its intentional.
:stopitslime:

Not to mention spent half the video pushing against walls

I can tell you don't really game.

Thats why games are on rails nowadays. They herd casual gamers with linear pathing cause they lack initiative. Sign says "go north" so you head north... like there aren't 7 other directions. :palm:

Last edited:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
You must not have been paying attn.
I died on purpose to see if it was a legitimate boss or a tutorial boss where you can't die.

In many games there are can't lose fights where the foe can't kill you, or can't win fights where you can't kill the foe (like in breath of fire/chronotrigger).
I didn't even attack it, at all. I just waited to see if it would kill me or if the old man would interveine.

Thats what gauging the quality of the game is all about. Turn the audio up, I clearly narrate that its intentional.

That is what your definition of gauging the quality of a game is about. It is a completely irrelevant feature to even bring up, considering it does not apply or detract anything from said game. A glitch is one thing, but judging a game (in any degree) based on said topic is completely subjective and not worth taking into consideration.