I am Setsuna [Project Setsuna] Out now - Battle system inspired by Chrono Trigger

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
Been waiting for this to go on sale for $10 or less square being real still stingy about it :francis:

Me too breh
z5sIWx3.png

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Gonna bump this up

$20 a good asking price for the game? Game is $20 during PSN Black Friday sale
$20 is fine for it. It has the chrono trigger influence but the story is slow, the music is very mediocre and the environments are very repetitive. I wouldn’t recommend paying more than $20 for it. It’s not a garbage game, there’s just way better games out there and it pales in comparison to chrono trigger.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
$20 is fine for it. It has the chrono trigger influence but the story is slow, the music is very mediocre and the environments are very repetitive. I wouldn’t recommend paying more than $20 for it. It’s not a garbage game, there’s just way better games out there and it pales in comparison to chrono trigger.
I might get it on the Switch for $23. Xenoblade 2 is close though so I might wait for a better price.

StarClout

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broncos/NYY/NYR/ALA
+Rep

llt23

All Star
Daps

I agree that 20 is a decent price. Probably nicer to get it at 15, but PSN doesnt seem to like giving great discounts.

Disagree about the music, i remember it being really good. It is only piano IIRC.... I liked it. :manny:

And I thought the story plays out better than most JRPGs, a lot of needless dialogue that you usually see is cut out, it is very straight to the point. I can see what you mean by the plot moving slowly but for a JRPG it moves, they could have easily padded it with way more trivial shyt so you cant progress the story further until you get item x or whatever but they didnt.

I gotta say though I still havent finished it. Once you get very close(im assuming) to the end of the game the world map opens up to you, before that it is a linear game. But once it opens up you kind of feel forced to look around the world map again to open all the locked chests that you couldnt open before. It was at that point after opening a few of those chests that I tuned out. :manny:

I'd still recommend it though.

Last edited:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
lost sphear can be had for 30 on humble bundle if you're a humble bundle member. Anyone played this?

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
I agree that 20 is a decent price. Probably nicer to get it at 15, but PSN doesnt seem to like giving great discounts.

Disagree about the music, i remember it being really good. It is only piano IIRC.... I liked it. :manny:

And I thought the story plays out better than most JRPGs, a lot of needless dialogue that you usually see is cut out, it is very straight to the point. I can see what you mean by the plot moving slowly but for a JRPG it moves, they could have easily padded it with way more trivial shyt so you cant progress the story further until you get item x or whatever but they didnt.

I gotta say though I still havent finished it. Once you get very close(im assuming) to the end of the game the world map opens up to you, before that it is a linear game. But once it opens up you kind of feel forced to look around the world map again to open all the locked chests that you couldnt open before. It was at that point after opening a few of those chests that I tuned out. :manny:

I'd still recommend it though.
What about Lost Sphere and Oninaki?