I am now single man, its been a minute, how's the dating scene

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I hear that.

However, she could just be a woman who wants to create her own family and birth children in wedlock with a man she loves. And while she doesn’t need to follow society’s exact timeline or post proof on IG, she does need to have some sort of timeline for her life because there is a window for these things. This is exactly how women end up a girlfriend for 10years and everyone calls them stupid LOL
They aren’t on the same timeline. 🤷🏾‍♀️
Yep

Women have to communicate that, brehs can oblivious. I damn sure was with my fiancé.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
Because basically, to you, she’s the woman that you’re like “hey…yea whenever we get there (marriage), if we get there, we’ll get there”. <— carefree

There’s going to be some woman you encounter where you say “Aw yea, nah. Lemme lock this down”.

She has realized that she isn’t that woman who inspires that thought, motivation, or desire in your mind or your heart. So it’s best she cuts her losses.

Like you said, she’s a good woman and she’s demonstrated that she was down for you during health issues. But that still isn’t enough for you to think about marrying her WHILE YOU CONTINUE INVESTING AND BUILDING because deep down you aren’t thinking about a future with HER, you’re thinking about your own future and if she happens to still be around when you do accomplish what you want to accomplish, cool. If not, :manny:.
That’s the exact vibe you’re giving her.

And then when you come across another nice woman you’ll be like “aw damn she reminds me of _____. Yea lemme go head and lock this one down”. Lmao

And she’ll come across another guy who was “carefree” and lost his chick and that guy will say “aw man yea lemme get this one right”.

The story never changes. Just the people.*

*I say this as someone with more men than women in my family so I watched a bunch of nice, perfectly fine girls pass through my cousins’ hands when I was a kid until one by one they were like “aw damn. Yea lemme get married”. Lmao

Just to have a real moment— this story is pretty common, and when y’all encounter women who are “jaded”, etc it isn’t always because they were left a “babymomma”. Many times there are women who try to show and prove that they are down for a guy and this is the result of their time investment.

And then society will say “well, you let him waste your time, etc”. But she had to invest that time and care into a man to even get to the point of a serious relationship and considering marriage.

Even got some of the brehs in here saying she sounds like a keeper (of course only you know that for sure).

Y’all simply aren’t on the same timeline and she just figured that out.

You could’ve quelled her fears and had a serious conversation with her about where you see things going and the timeline- “later this year”, but instead you let her go. :manny:

This is why some chicks are strictly after the money or just say fukk it and date guys who are older who don’t have time to waste.

Most men don’t get it unless they have a sister, daughter, cousins, etc.

Sounds like a nice girl .Hope she didn’t waste too many years 🤷🏾‍♀️

Lol, correction I know she would be my side if I were to have a health issue. She has had health scares while we were together and I stood by her. Not the other way around.

I wasn't going to let 2025 get here without engaging. Our relationship is not always easy because her and I are fundamentally different. I am carefree, calm, no temper, not very emotional and don't trip about life challenges. On the flip side she is emotional, stresses a lot very quickly if things don't fall exactly with her expectations.

She even say the door is still open herself. Her and I were very good friends before we dated. I don't have bad intentions she has to trust me and be more patient as we have had issues .

I'm 34, now is the time. Now my timeline is pushed to 37. At this point I may just get me a mid 30s , child less, career woman, pop a baby n agree to co parent.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I'm trying to figure out what ur actual issue is. It seems like ur just over the relationship. I haven't really heard any glaring issues, yall both got yall own bread. U moved there for her and it seems like marriage is the next logical step. If u were already planning to propose this year how can u feel pressured? It doesn't make sense to me. I honestly feel like ur over the situation and in denial about it.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
I hear that.

However, she could just be a woman who wants to create her own family and birth children in wedlock with a man she loves. And while she doesn’t need to follow society’s exact timeline or post proof on IG, she does need to have some sort of timeline for her life because there is a window for these things. This is exactly how women end up a girlfriend for 10years and everyone calls them stupid LOL
They aren’t on the same timeline. 🤷🏾‍♀️
You and I have completely different perspectives when it comes to relationships. You still buy into patriarchy and nuclear families. I don't. I don’t believe in trying to push for something that does not work because it sounds good.

He already stated in the other thread that she was overly concerned with being married by a certain age.

Why?

Having goals for things you can control makes sense. Having goals that you expect other people to fulfill for you in order to fulfill a fantasy is a delusion.

Look how misible she has already made herself in pursuit of the goal. Look how she already ruined the relationship because she's trying to beat her expectations on him.

That's not how healthy relationships work.

This situation is too hung up on looking good to the otherside world and moving through "ideal" life paths. Anyone who thinks like that should be bushed.

Imagine a man having 50-11 imagines in his head of what YOU "should be" and then making you miserable every step of the way because you aren't those things. That's not okay and it's not fair.

She doesn't even care if what she desires is making her or him happy. All she cares about is getting married that's an issue. That's how women end up in miserable relationships and end up single regardless.

He should move on and anyone dealing with anyone like this woman should move on.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
0i1sDG8.jpg
:russ:

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
This thread is confusing.

Explain to me in layman’s terms how is the dating game terrible?

I assume this is because sex is easy to get therefore bonds aren’t being built.

Percentages are in the 90s for bad dates, what makes a date bad?

I ask this as someone who has been married for 13 years and whose friends are married or

abstain from dating overall.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
This thread is confusing.

Explain to me in layman’s terms how is the dating game terrible?

I assume this is because sex is easy to get therefore bonds aren’t being built.

Percentages are in the 90s for bad dates, what makes a date bad?

I ask this as someone who has been married for 13 years and whose friends are married or

abstain from dating overall.
It’s easier but a lot of the populace of the thread struggle with it……..

I think that’s the part they say is terrible. What they have to go through for casual sex

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Pretty much set and in stone now and it all comes to down to my GF thinking I am wasting her time :beli:. Her biggest issue is that she feels like I don't set personal goals. Marriage, kids and home buying. To her things have to be perfect on her time.

We almost broke in January because we had a rough past six month, from moving to shyt that were said because she thought I cheated ( I have never cheated and have had p*ssy handed to me on a silver platter and I have said no. The moment we patch shyt up through couples therapy she started pressing marriage 100 mile per hour.

I do want to get married and have kids but I don't like pressure. I was going to do it this year for sure after our rough patch. Despite our differences, she is not a bad woman. There are qualities I look for in a woman such is this woman the type that will be by your side when health issues come up. Kid raising but sometimes she just worries too much about life while I am a carefree guy.

I don't subscribe to GMB lifestyle, we are getting old...lol dont have much time nor do I plan on dating any woman under 30,
She’ll realize later she messed up. Us men are on a different biological clock than women breh. When their body starts telling them it’s time, and society, they will have tunnel vision to their goal.

If you still feel there is a future with her, don’t let her slip away. Trust your instincts too though.

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
It’s easier but a lot of the populace of the thread struggle with it……..

I think that’s the part they say is terrible. What they have to go through for casual sex
Go through as in jumping through hoops. I’m assuming constant communication?

Cant be spending money now it’s gotta be the struggle for attention since better is always around the corner.