I am now single man, its been a minute, how's the dating scene

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I think the scene bad enough where I’m not trying anymore. Basically, I’m just out here trying to get other shyt done.

If a woman gets in my way, she’s getting knocked down. Up to her what she wants to do with herself after that. But, i’m not playing the game anymore, spending energy TRYING to find someone.

There’s people all around, you just got to move around yourself

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
OP, if you ever find yourself in a situation where marriage is on the table -- whether with this chick or some other one -- come to the table with a concrete, clearly-stated plan and timeline for the progression of things. All of this could have potentially been avoided had you just led in that aspect of the relationship.

I hope it works out for both sides.

Oldschooler

All Star
Daps
90-95% of women you meet in the dating scene will literally waste your time and money.

Trust me when i say that and move accordingly. In Toronto at least, it is terrible if you want something serious. I’m sure most ppl would say that about their cities too
Depends on age breh. Young girls will waste your time and money or maybe they just wasn't feeling you like that. An older woman late 20s and up will not be doing that in fact she'll be rushing you.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Lol, correction I know she would be my side if I were to have a health issue. She has had health scares while we were together and I stood by her. Not the other way around.

I wasn't going to let 2025 get here without engaging. Our relationship is not always easy because her and I are fundamentally different. I am carefree, calm, no temper, not very emotional and don't trip about life challenges. On the flip side she is emotional, stresses a lot very quickly if things don't fall exactly with her expectations.

She even say the door is still open herself. Her and I were very good friends before we dated. I don't have bad intentions she has to trust me and be more patient as we have had issues .

I'm 34, now is the time. Now my timeline is pushed to 37. At this point I may just get me a mid 30s , child less, career woman, pop a baby n agree to co parent.
Trust you, sure. But you still have to make it clear you’re guiding her to a real future.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I'm trying to figure out what ur actual issue is. It seems like ur just over the relationship. I haven't really heard any glaring issues, yall both got yall own bread. U moved there for her and it seems like marriage is the next logical step. If u were already planning to propose this year how can u feel pressured? It doesn't make sense to me. I honestly feel like ur over the situation and in denial about it.
^^ That’s what I’m saying. And I think she feels what we are calling out/seeing.

He ain’t reeeeeally trying to marry this chick, and she senses it.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
nah, I was about to ask her to get married and we were about to start a family but she cheated.

The drug and alcohol addicted boyfriend with no job/car was goals so :yeshrug:
It was a good run not looking to start over again. I'm enjoying this piece of mind now while she's getting beat by her new man
:francis:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Go through as in jumping through hoops. I’m assuming constant communication?

Cant be spending money now it’s gotta be the struggle for attention since better is always around the corner.
Seems like anything above the chick coming over, having sex and leaving from the general tone sometimes :hubie:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
You and I have completely different perspectives when it comes to relationships. You still buy into patriarchy and nuclear families. I don't. I don’t believe in trying to push for something that does not work because it sounds good.

He already stated in the other thread that she was overly concerned with being married by a certain age.

Why?

Having goals for things you can control makes sense. Having goals that you expect other people to fulfill for you in order to fulfill a fantasy is a delusion.

Look how misible she has already made herself in pursuit of the goal. Look how she already ruined the relationship because she's trying to beat her expectations on him.

That's not how healthy relationships work.

This situation is too hung up on looking good to the otherside world and moving through "ideal" life paths. Anyone who thinks like that should be bushed.

Imagine a man having 50-11 imagines in his head of what YOU "should be" and then making you miserable every step of the way because you aren't those things. That's not okay and it's not fair.

She doesn't even care if what she desires is making her or him happy. All she cares about is getting married that's an issue. That's how women end up in miserable relationships and end up single regardless.

He should move on and anyone dealing with anyone like this woman should move on.
Again, I hear you. What I'm basically saying is

⬇️
Ya'll weren't looking for the same things. It happens. Idk what dating is like at this moment but it sucked when I was single about 2 years ago

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Yep

Women have to communicate that, brehs can oblivious. I damn sure was with my fiancé.
Women and men need to understand that we don't think the same. We're a lot a like but we're not exactly wired the same. So we have to communicate things more plainly.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
^^ That’s what I’m saying. And I think she feels what we are calling out/seeing.

If he actually believes in marriage he could propose and then explain his vision and then they work towards the wedding.

Buuuuut lotta nikkas dont give a shyt about marriage once they have a LTR and bring up that shyt really for the woman because nothing changes if you really love each other and avg folks who are in these situations ARE NOT religious to the sense where they can use the morality argument because if they were they would use their religious institution to help them find someone to marry.

pimpineasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh a word to the wise.

I treated my girl so foul back in the day in terms of her wanting to get married and me wanting to postpone it as long as possible.
I get it we are guys thats how we wired. She didn't check all my boxes at the time.

Since we been married she has aged like fine wine. Held me down in so many different ways I can't even begin to tell you. Led us to build something.

Settling down with the right girl is crucial bro.
The right girl is someone who makes you better. Not the phattest ass, prettiest face, funniest coolest chick.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Sound like she's still trying to "win" at dating. She'll find out soon once she gets what she claims to want that there is no "winning". its like running for office.. its a constant tug of war and putting in hours and hours for a decent result that moves and shifts occassionally.

She's hoping to put shyt into a blender and come out with a tasty love life. You're better off letting her go discover what she wants and get kicked in the teeth. You dont wanna be around when her realization sets in, she gonna break alot of dudes hearts getting there.

As far as being single. Ima put it like this.. I just went out to hookah with a chick that swore up and down she was gonna pay, totally unprovoked cause I'm not into hookah dates like that. We get there and lo and behold, she needs to hold something cause her card declined... smfh. I pay and then we smashed later, but the whole time im just like... why would i commit to a girl that's living paycheck to paycheck. She prob lying anyway. 🤥 another girl we're just casual but her hungry ass friend keeps inviting herself to our hang outs.

So essentially, its not as bad as people say, but you're gonna get a lot of dishonest women, brokies, and situations that make you wonder why you're dealing with it. This is going to come into play when you meet a so called "good" woman because she's most likely going to do some of that in the beginning and ask for your patience like she's working the phone at the bank

Van Cleef

All Star
Daps

i dont get why this girl wants OP to marry her ... he cannot give her the soft life... a 6 figure income gets you a quick vacation to Hawaii, a leased later model car, a decent house, and the tasks of home upkeep and child rearing.

sounds like hell