I am now single man, its been a minute, how's the dating scene

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
I'm 34, now is the time. Now my timeline is pushed to 37. At this point I may just get me a mid 30s , child less, career woman, pop a baby n agree to co parent.
:dead: You don’t want that breh. I don’t think your girl was being unreasonable. But seems like you are playing mental gymnastics when it comes to y’all future and also not communicating. You claim you feel like you are being pressured to get married yet planned to propose this year anyway. An issue that would easily be resolved by communicating. You think the biggest issue is that you are “carefree” but it sounds like you are a poor communicator. In the end she probably deserves better :yeshrug:

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
It was really my pops. Fathers are missing in the home and it’s causing all types of chaos. Or fathers are there but don't advise their sons with wisdom. At some point you gotta start having those "put away childish things" conversations with your son and nikkas are not getting that.

I was also very close to fumbling my wife (before we married). Looking back it was over extremely petty issues and my inability to let my guard down and trust her. It was me going to my pops and consulting him that made me stand tf up to do the work I needed to do to realize her value and stop thinking I could just replace her if she didn't do everything my way.
How long you been locked down? How old were you when you met?

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
you bout to get fried

go marry that girl
Yeah, son better look for a single, intelligent woman around 26-29 because he's gonna catch that work as soon as he hops in the dating pool. Hopefully, OP has money to bridge the likely physical gap between him and the younger guys there.

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Pretty much set and in stone now and it all comes to down to my GF thinking I am wasting her time :beli:. Her biggest issue is that she feels like I don't set personal goals. Marriage, kids and home buying. To her things have to be perfect on her time.

We almost broke in January because we had a rough past six month, from moving to shyt that were said because she thought I cheated ( I have never cheated and have had p*ssy handed to me on a silver platter and I have said no. The moment we patch shyt up through couples therapy she started pressing marriage 100 mile per hour.

I do want to get married and have kids but I don't like pressure. I was going to do it this year for sure after our rough patch. Despite our differences, she is not a bad woman. There are qualities I look for in a woman such is this woman the type that will be by your side when health issues come up. Kid raising but sometimes she just worries too much about life while I am a carefree guy.

I don't subscribe to GMB lifestyle, we are getting old...lol dont have much time nor do I plan on dating any woman under 30,
I'm coming into this convo late. But I broke up with my ex a few months back under similar circumstances. Difference is I did have a plan, but she basically had a meltdown; and I mean she had a meltdown...not an argument; and many subsequent arguments about not being married.

I basically ended it because although she had many wife qualities, the fact that she lost faith in where we were going longterm despite me showing in an abundance of ways I was about to put a ring on it just made me start to resent her and the relationship. I'm damn near 40, but I'm not going to have someone guilt-trip me into marriage and essentially breakdown over something I considered trivial in lieu of everything I did for her AND her son.

It sucks because I'm back out here and I see it's trash on the streets. But imma rework my 5 year plan, fukk around for a bit, and hopefully find someone real that I can build with that has a little more tenacity and a little less crazy. At 40, i see its going to be hard to find what i want without dating dozens of people in all walks of life. If not, I'll just be the cool-ass, balling-ass uncle, until I crap out.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
nikkas gotta stop fumbling good women. Some of yall already know the story about my homeboy that fumbled the literal blueprint of a chick nikkas say they want on here, and its only gotten worse for him since.
share the story

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Another thing for the fellas out here (and brehettes too). We gotta stop thinking our spouses gotta be perfect cause you and me got some flaws that we are blind as hell about. They give us grace, we need to reciprocate.
i'm be honest with you breh. in my experience women dont tend to give me any grace, and all my men say theirs dont either.
a lot of my nikkas cheat as a result

theGoldmangod

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How long you been locked down? How old were you when you met?
Well we met before we actually started dating cause we were in the same black professional circles. So I was kinda just plotting on her from afar for a couple years while fukking hoes. Started dating seriously at 33, we was married by 35.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Another thing for the fellas out here (and brehettes too). We gotta stop thinking our spouses gotta be perfect cause you and me got some flaws that we are blind as hell about. They give us grace, we need to reciprocate.

breh real love is when you accept each others flaws and love them regardless.......:noah:

hallmark holla @ me I got V-day cards in the chamber :takedat: