''I ain't got no worries'' Official 3x NBA championship Miami Heat Season Thread

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
they not too concerning with Joel scoring alot of points. they just want him to be reliable catching the ball. everytime a pass is sent to him he fumbles the ball. thats why birdman was so usefull because he was finished oops and drawing fouls doing essentially the same thing as joel.

Too bad their isn't an arthroscopic surgery to fix Joel's hands. I think another underrated wrinkle Joel brings to the game is that he is the primary screen setter on offense. Bosh does that now and it kills me. He is way too talented to just be setting screens on offense. At least let Joel set the screens and have Bron or Wade create while Bosh roams or posts up.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Joel is great and can do some work for us. Spo is still a dumb coach for not using him properly. Funny how Higbert got shut down every time Joel plays. Spo is to worried about scoring cuz his defense is good. Our first ring came after Joel basically frustrated Higbert and we were able to take over. I been saying it, Spo doesn't know how to use big men. Don't expect much from Oden either
Problem with Joel is i cant understand why he cant GRAB a rebound worth a damn. Great shot blocker. I'm fine that he cant score. But al least rebound damn it!!!!!

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Problem with Joel is i cant understand why he cant GRAB a rebound worth a damn. Great shot blocker. I'm fine that he cant score. But al least rebound damn it!!!!!

That's something they can easily work on though. He needs more minutes. Birdman can score but he can't guard a big man to save his life. We need to put Bosh at the 4 so he can hit his jumpers and feel good about his game.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
That's something they can easily work on though. He needs more minutes. Birdman can score but he can't guard a big man to save his life. We need to put Bosh at the 4 so he can hit his jumpers and feel good about his game.
You dont have to be a 4 to hit jumpers. Outside of PG what POSITION you play doesnt really matter on offense. There's noting that says a Center HAS TO have a back to the basket game. Score however you can. As long as the bytch gets in the basket I couldnt care less where you launch it from.

Birdman doesnt have the body to bang with physical bigs but there arent that many of those left anyway. He's great on help defense and weakside so im good with him playing his ROLE.

Joel on the other hand... That fukka has the body of Karl frekin Malone and Alonzo Mourning rolled into one and cant grab a rebound. fukka always late to the spot when it comes to boxing out. The few times he gets there and may actually make contact with the freakin ball he has to volley it and tip it all the way out to the 3pt line before he can establish possession. Thats what I meant by GRAB. All these years the bum's been on the squad I'm sure they worked on it with him.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple

:what:

The problem is he is not a basketball player. He's just a big 6'9 dude that can run and jump..

lol@work on rebounding.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
you can't work on rebounding. its natural instinct that certain players are born with. this is prolly the best we'll see from him in that area. they just need to develop a signature play for him so people don't sag off him as much on defense but thats very difficult when his hands are made concrete. I'm hoping our new center works out enough to at least be able to take Joels minutes. if not we always go with birdman but like dude said before he can get abused by true big men llike hibbert or marc gasol.

abake6

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
texas
Just got the dry wall patched up from when i punched my wall after a couple BULLshyt fouls in the 3rd quarter of game 6

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
:what:

The problem is he is not a basketball player. He's just a big 6'9 dude that can run and jump..

lol@work on rebounding.

you can't work on rebounding. its natural instinct that certain players are born with. this is prolly the best we'll see from him in that area. they just need to develop a signature play for him so people don't sag off him as much on defense but thats very difficult when his hands are made concrete. I'm hoping our new center works out enough to at least be able to take Joels minutes. if not we always go with birdman but like dude said before he can get abused by true big men llike hibbert or marc gasol.
You can work on rebounding. There are specific techniques to help with boxing out. Joel CAN JUMP damn near out the gym. Dude just never in position and often jumps either too early or too late.

THIS is where instinct is key and it cant be taught. The timing part. But thats merely 30% of the rebounding process. The key is to be in position first

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
You can work on rebounding. There are specific techniques to help with boxing out. Joel CAN JUMP damn near out the gym. Dude just never in position and often jumps either too early or too late.

THIS is where instinct is key and it cant be taught. The timing part. But thats merely 30% of the rebounding process. The key is to be in position first

Joel Anthony is not a basketball player. He has NO INSTINCT..