''I ain't got no worries'' Official 3x NBA championship Miami Heat Season Thread

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
All i know is we have 3 bigs coming off the bench into the rotation since Haslem can only give us so muchnow:
  • Hendersen
  • Anthony
  • Oden
What we tell you about this :beli:

Mourning 'extremely excited' about chance to work with Oden

With the Heat a day earlier announcing the signing of free-agent center Greg Oden to a two-year contract, Mourning found himself captivated by the possibilities of the 25-year-old injury-plagued center.

"Extremely excited, extremely excited," he said by phone, "because I understand the potential that he has."

Mourning confirmed that he was among those in the organization who helped recruit Oden in recent months.

"I had some words with him, yes," he said. "We were able to spend some time together."

In many ways, Oden is the closest thing the Heat have had to a muscled, intimidating interior presence since Mourning stepped away from the game in 2008, later moving into his present role as the team's vice president of player programs.

Asked if he plans to work directly with Oden, Mourning said, "I think we all, as an organization, are looking forward to working with him, developing him, so that he can be a part of this organization for years to come."

I know that if healthy, the impact that he can have on this franchise," Mourning said. "Just him being 25 years old, I feel that the longevity of the possibility of him playing, that longevity will continue to stimulate a winning opportunity with the organization."

While the Heat have won the past two NBA championships with former power forward Chris Bosh starting at center, bolstered last season by the addition of lanky shot-blocker Chris "Birdman" Andersen, Mourning sees Oden presenting another dimension in the middle, at 7 feet, 275 pounds.

"The game is played from the inside out," he said. "The biggest acquisition this summer was Dwight Howard, and when you have a player that caliber that can play the game inside and draw attention to that painted area, that makes all of his teammates better. Roy Hibbert has that ability. Dwight Howard. There's very few guys that have that ability in the league."

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Meanwhile other nikkas vacationing :lolbron:
We coming for that threepeat :ahh:

Somewhere Marshmelo Anthony is on the couch doing his best Eddie Curry impression with burger in hand.

:troll:

These dudes don't understand. LeBron doesn't take breaks or vacations like the rest of them. He feels he has to improve every offseason.

The man earns his for sure.