''I ain't got no worries'' Official 3x NBA championship Miami Heat Season Thread

Ivan Trillwater.

This dikk ain't freeeee
Daps
Reppin
Woodbury, MN and Dublin, OH
Ya'll really want that fukkboy Mo :usure:
lol that's what I'm staying. He talked a bunch of shyt to LeBron, damn near retired because of Bron leaving, now he wants to come to Miami? Nah. I understand he's a solid PG but I feel we're just fine with Rio and Cole is improving really quickly. We should try to find another big. The more size, the better.

MariahB

Pro
Daps
Naw fukk Mo...Didn't he say something like he was happy when Dallas beat us?

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
lol that's what I'm staying. He talked a bunch of shyt to LeBron, damn near retired because of Bron leaving, now he wants to come to Miami? Nah. I understand he's a solid PG but I feel we're just fine with Rio and Cole is improving really quickly. We should try to find another big. The more size, the better.
i'd like to see us sign either Odom or Jamison shyt even Al Harrington

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
I think they should find another big tbh.

They dont need another point guard

They should go after a backup slasher SG for d wade, or another center .

What free agents are left

Between Bosh, Haslem, Birdman, Oden, and Joel as the utility guy there isn't really a need for another big. I agree with you and the other guy saying we dont need another PG. If a young wing is available I'd look there, but remember there's always the possibility of signing someone during the season after buyouts.

I'm excited about the prospects of getting Bosh back to the 4. The way it sounds is they'll ease Oden in I dont expect him to start right away. But when he does it's gonna make us a much better team, UD is still very serviceable but he's best suited off the bench where he can put up 6 and 7 a night which is solid

G.O.A.T

All Star
Daps
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 11m
Oden, I'm told, will report to Miami on Monday to formally sign his contract. Two-year deal at league minimum with player option in Year 2

Riley did it again...DISCOUNTED! :ohlawd:
:salute:
Oden at the minimum is basically a no risk, high reward signing. And if he's healthy, he's going to be motivated so he can try and get a big deal next summer.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
“The cool thing about playing for the Heat is when you’re LeBron’s teammate and you screw up, nobody gets mad at you for missing a shot or turning the ball over — they get mad at LeBron for passing to you in the first place,” Oden joked.

:russ:

Oden a fool too bad Rio doesn't get that

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
“The cool thing about playing for the Heat is when you’re LeBron’s teammate and you screw up, nobody gets mad at you for missing a shot or turning the ball over — they get mad at LeBron for passing to you in the first place,” Oden joked.

:russ:

Oden a fool too bad Rio doesn't get that

:laff:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
tumblr_lvt18y27md1qioz06o1_400.gif

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
When meeting with Oden last month in Indianapolis, Heat coach Erik Spoelstra laid out what Miami's plans would be as far as potential roles and the former Ohio State star's ongoing rehabilitation, and whatever got said in that conversation resonated throughout the remainder of the decision-making process.

"The fact that Coach Spoelstra said all the right things, understood where he was at and what he wants, that impressed Greg quite a bit," Conley said.

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/08/02/oden-to-sign-with-heat.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt13a

Philopino Jackson working that Zen mind trick on Oden.

San Antonio, New Orleans, Dallas, Atlanta and Sacramento also were believed to be seriously vying for Oden this summer, with a handful of other clubs expressing a lower level of interest.

"The scenario at San Antonio made sense for him also," Conley said. "You have a coach there in Gregg Popovich that's used to bringing players back slowly and Tim Duncan to learn from. He was definitely impressed with Mark Cuban in Dallas and meeting him, and he's really good friends with (coach) Monty Williams at New Orleans. It wasn't cut and dry across the board for Miami."

Still, the Heat won out, and did so at a bargain price.

Miami used the amnesty provision on Mike Miller last month, a move that could save the team more than $35 million in luxury-tax payments over the next two years. Oden likely could have gotten more money elsewhere, but the Heat have shown many times over the last three summers that they can get players to take less money in exchange for being part of a title-contending team.

"He wants to compete for championships," Conley said.

:blessed:

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
just some food for thought

Bill Walton a former great center that went first overall suffered some career ending injuries and missed the better part of three season than returned and won a six man of the year award coming of the bench for a Boston Celtics team that repeated as nba champions the same season

Last edited:

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
Oden manager is real sly. Trying to make it look like the decision wasn't made for a long time.
Not trying to make other GM's mad so if everything goes well this season there's no cut ties.