I agree with @MeachtheMonster

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I read a Game Informer article over 10 years ago that talked about the rapidly increasing game development cost back in the PS3 era.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yup, nikkas be giggling when I say stuff like the industry is currently in a bubble when it comes to Triple A titles but it's facts and should be common sense for people that actually pay attention to gaming news.

Triple A games are a huge risk most are hail Mary passion projects now.

Edit: or super by the metrics and numbers... meaning regurgitated trends that have shown to be profitable in recent years. Currently that's what most are.

The best games now are double A indie games.

Consolidation isn't happening because of XYZ, it's happening because stuff cost too much to make.

And on top of costing a ton, the industry is changing so you can't work people like you use to (which is good for employees but bad for gamers) games are taking longer and longer to come out and the gamers are so cynical and bougie now that a triple title that took 6 years to make can get negative press and reviews for any kind of problem.

Jim Ryan ain't just talking when he said they need COD revenue. They count on that to offset the cost of these games and deals.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Xbox has the perfect ecosystem setup to support triple A games being made for the future of gaming.

The parent support, MS.

A sub system that generates consist revenue.

That sub system including day 1st party games from all developers (as of now)

Multiple developers that are free (relatively) to make whatever they want, from small passion projects to double or triple A.

Having that many developers allows for them to create at a slightly slower pace and not have to chance trends to try and survive until the next game.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
As for the other side that would mean the general gaming populace has to accept games like SM2, TLoU2, and Halo Infinite are rarities and not the standard.

And this is the hardest thing for ppl. They are trying to meet the demands of the market.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The Xbox has the perfect ecosystem setup to support triple A games being made for the future of gaming.

The parent support, MS.

Multiple developers that are free (relatively) to make whatever they want, from small passion projects to double or triple A.

Having that many developers allows for them to create at a slightly slower pace and not have to chance trends to try and survive until the next game.

:snoop:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...

The parent support, MS.

So your answer is to have a super rich daddy to offsets costs
And still AAA gaming on Xbox is a joke

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps

The parent support, MS.

As we watched Redfall get rushed out the door less than a year ago.

:mjlol:

wunder

Pro
Daps

Exactly. There are no great games on xbox to back up what he's saying. Hi-Fi Rush, maybe. But that's it.

As soon as I read that bs my mind was like wtf. This is why you're the woat poster, Titan. Gatdamnit, man.

:gucci:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How you think PlayStation got to where it's at?

One of the downfalls of being too hands off. They'll nail that happy medium with time.

Exactly. There are no great games on xbox to back up what he's saying. Hi-Fi Rush, maybe. But that's it.

As soon as I read that bs my mind was like wtf. This is why you're the woat poster, Titan. Gatdamnit, man.

:gucci:
Sorry you feel like that, anyway the the ecosystem I'm speaking of really only started up this year. I'm speaking on future tense when I say the have the perfect setup for devs and triple A games

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I’ve talked about this on here for over a decade now.

Pretty much everything i’ve said has come to fruition.

Y’all fought me tooth and nail on the topic only for insomniac internal documents to reveal them saying the EXACT same thing i’ve been saying on here.

Ain’t my fault you goofies like to be on the wrong side of things all the time.

y’all are literally like republicans and democrats on here. Fighting for or against something just to be on the opposite side of your “opponent” :mjlol:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Budgets for AAA games need to be reined in. It's unsustainable to keep going the way things are.

300 million for a single game is ridiculous. There's gotta be a major shift because if one game flops, it's over.

And I don't usually agree with him.
He doesn't actually agree this himself, because he complains about sequels which is they easiest way to rein in development costs.
He was clowning the Venom game just the other day. shyt like that is how they can manage production costs.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
He doesn't actually agree this himself, because he complains about sequels which is they easiest way to rein in development costs.
He was clowning the Venom game just the other day. shyt like that is how they can manage production costs.
I’ve never complained about sequels, and i never clowned the venom game.

Don’t make up lies and propaganda like @Gizmo_Duck

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
y’all are literally like republicans and democrats on here. Fighting for or against something just to be on the opposite side of your “opponent” :mjlol:
Not me.

That’s how dudes do me on here. Anything i say they rush to oppose, then later inevitably i’m correct and they jewelz their way to some whole other shyt.

I made a thread talking about how even the most successful AAA games have a hard road to profitability.

Dudes ran in their to tell me i was wrong and that xbox has no games.

Fast forward to now multiple games studios, writers, and execs have said the same thing. Insomniacs internal estimates lined up with the quick math I did in that thread PERFECTLY, literally down to the dollar. Yet here in this thread dudes still wanna rush in and tell me how i’m wrong.

nikkas crazy :wow: