I agree with @MeachtheMonster

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
if you want gamepass fodder, sub to gamepass. leave my AAA titles alone. the devs and publishers are the ones that need to figure out proper utilization of resources. i

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They don’t count cause they never really existed

So the publishers that published pillars of eternity don’t exist? The developers of shadow tactics don’t exist? Firewall zero hour???

Just say you’re ignorant to the trouble actual small studios are going through and that the only reason you have this talking point is because you think only sonys games are expensive.

Starfield likely cost more than spider-man 2 and it won’t sell a 3rd of the copies in the end, concern yourself over that also

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This. Cats keep trying to pin everything on Sony when they all have the same issue. And the problem is that the Sony IPs they are trying to cut costs on are the ones they know print money for them, so they want higher margins.

Reduce your profit margin expectations and continue to put out quality.

Or go the cheap route and potentially ruin your property and end up stuck like chuck.
Nobody pinned anything just on sony.

shyts bad across the board. Sony can hold on a little longer cause their ultimate goal isn’t necessarily to make huge profit on each game.

3rd parties are fukked.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
3rd parties are fukked.

If they put out trash, 100%. Get gaming people in suits that know what the fukk they are doing instead of bozos from other industries trying to run companies like retail and service companies and shyt.

stop putting out garbage and step your game up.

Ubisoft been recycling Ass Creed Games for years to the point they made it an annual release. That's fukkin assinine.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Nah, trash devs are definitely a problem, but the biggest are the suits by far. We've seen suits completely ruin and botch established franchises trying to copycat and imitate because another title is doing something rewarding. It's to the point that one bad game can take out a studio. You gotta let cats do their thing without interference because quality is what makes people come back to titles.

We all see this Suicide Squad game about to bomb due to interference by suits wanting to monetize it on some GAAS shyt. That game will kill Rocksteady. It's fukkin ridiculous.

Show me a trash dev breh. They take the marching orders from suits or incompetent middle management.

My second on the job a well known mobile dev hired us for consulting work. This was a job I was covering for and when I lead kickoff I told that mobile company, “Jeff is the best at doing X in this engine so he’ll be able to help you meet you launch deadlines”

3 weeks layers I’m hearing from this company, “Jeff has no clue what he’s doing and can’t help us.” I had to push this up to the VP only to find out from his manager Jeff is great at Y but has no experience in X.

Poor project mgmt, leadership, and expectations make a shyt dev. A trash dev that sucks at their job is rare. Those cats are borderline autistic, just point em in the right direction.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Show me a trash dev breh. They take the marching orders from suits or incompetent middle management.

That's why I said the suits are the primary culprits.

Trash may have been harsh for SOME, but there's devs out there who think they are an A when they are Bs and C+'s

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So the publishers that published pillars of eternity don’t exist? The developers of shadow tactics don’t exist? Firewall zero hour???
None of those studios you posted have had any success in like the last decade.

It’s not because budgets are too high. They don’t have any popular good selling games period.

Just say you’re ignorant to the trouble actual small studios are going through and that the only reason you have this talking point is because you think only sonys games are expensive.

As with everything your only goal is to defend sony.

Anyone with any insight into the industry, including sony themselves have echoed what i’m saying here.

You just have to fight against it so you can get your stan on.
Starfield likely cost more than spider-man 2 and it won’t sell a 3rd of the copies in the end, concern yourself over that also
With every post you stuck on console wars. Not even sure how you think this disproves my point or the premis of this thread.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Yeah and I’m sure the way to fix it is by going the subscription route :beli:.

The business of digital content across the board is in shambles for years now and is showing no signs what so ever of getting a better in the slightest.
:whoa:

Woah now. I didn't say all that.
And I vaguely remember you predicting years ago how subscription services will go

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If they put out trash, 100%. Get gaming people in suits that know what the fukk they are doing instead of bozos from other industries trying to run companies like retail and service companies and shyt.

stop putting out garbage and step your game up.

Ubisoft been recycling Ass Creed Games for years to the point they made it an annual release. That's fukkin assinine.
Spider-man is not trash and Insomniac still had to get rid of a whole dev team worth of people to make the budget for their next game make sense.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
None of those studios you posted have had any success in like the last decade.

It’s not because budgets are too high. They don’t have any popular good selling games period.

As with everything your only goal is to defend sony.

Anyone with any insight into the industry, including sony themselves have echoed what i’m saying here.

You just have to fight against it so you can get your stan on.

With every post you stuck on console wars. Not even sure how you think this disproves my point or the premis of this thread.

Nikka the only reason you’re passionate about this is because you think it only effects sony :comeon:

You’re like the arcadium Dr Umar, you’re mad transparent and unstudied :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Spider-man is not trash and Insomniac still had to get rid of a whole dev team worth of people to make the budget for their next game make sense.

Why do you keep repeating this when no one has even been laid off?

I can tell you and titan stay in those nasty xbox twitter spaces :dead:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nikka the only reason you’re passionate about this is because you think it only effects sony :comeon:

You’re like the arcadium Dr Umar, you’re mad transparent and unstudied :mjlol:
I’ve talked about this on here for over a decade now.

Pretty much everything i’ve said has come to fruition.

Y’all fought me tooth and nail on the topic only for insomniac internal documents to reveal them saying the EXACT same thing i’ve been saying on here.

Ain’t my fault you goofies like to be on the wrong side of things all the time.