Hurricane Laura makes landfall in Cameron, Louisiana with winds of 150 mph

Petty Crocker

Looking GREAT in my 30s
Daps
Marking my spot.

In Houston and just because we are not taking a direct hit, does not mean we can relax. Most of Houston flood when we get a ton of rain and I don't expect this to be an exception. Im more concerned about loss of power because of the strong winds.

I invested in a generator a few years ago so I have her tuned up and ready to go.
Probably gonna bake some cookies and drink while I ride this bytch out.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Tell them to get out. Not worth risking their lives trying to 'ride it out.' It could miss, but if it doesn't, then they are going to be in trouble

I'd say if they are anywhere south or east of downtown Houston/the city proper then :hubie: and dip out.

Folks north and west of Houston proper should miss the business end. Can expect rain, wind for sure.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Big Money Texas and PAT about to get fukked. How they this close to landfall and still not definite on the impact some?

Complete flop on the local gov response, less than 36 hours to evacuate.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Still wondering why the government never put a budget in for more secure barriers along the gulf coast to protect these cities, but Put millions of money for a huge border wall which has only done like 300 miles of work

You have to wonder with the hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars flowing through the area with oil and gas why they don't improve anything. But then you have to figure no one loves to get a handout than a F100 or F500 with deep pockets while they do the bare minimum for their employees :francis:

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Anyone in texas?
What's going on ya'll?
Anyone evacuating?

Along with winds and heavy rainfall, a few tornados are likely to occur Wednesday night across southeast Texas to Louisiana and Mississippi, said Hull

More than half a million people near the Texas-Louisiana state line were ordered to flee their homes on Tuesday. That includes the Texas cities of Beaumont, Galveston and Port Arthur, and the Calcasieu and Cameron parishes in southwestern Louisiana.