Hurricane Irma: now a tropical storm, moving into Georgia today

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
IDK what are states obsession with reopening schools. There must be major money involved for them to be so stressed about it. Its just like when I used to live in NYC. No matter what big blizzard is coming NYC would wait until the very last second to decide to shut schools down. My nursing program made me come to school today even though almost all schools in the county are closed. And they all are talking about returning to school Tuesday. Talmbout "Quiz #1 is tuesday":why: Bish will tuesday even exist after this broad Irma hits? So feenin' for money. And where the hell is my little toyota corolla gonna go in feet of water. Helll naw

I never wish death upon anyone, but some of these authoritarian figures have got to be washed away. The way they think, they don't assume you are a human being. They got to suffer for that.

FSP

Banned
Daps
according to my local news i shouldn't evacuate because you're better off hunkering down and the primary reason to evacuate would be flooding and we aren't a flood risk. they also showed expected winds of around 85 in my area and i should be able to handle that.
Where you at fam?

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
b3e9f2eb29a892821116d140da38697f972364e381fce037a57acc70c5211173.png

I don't know if he was trolling or not, but I seen this on twitter, those white clouds over Africa will end up in the same basic areas that formed Jose & Irma.

THEY SHOOTIN :damn:

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
can't everyone just evacuate the city mang, everyone makes it sound so easy - just pack your car up and drive up and you're good

there's long lines, gas shortages, no hotel rooms, etc etc.

Requoting this.

Many people can't leave for a variety of real reasons.
Money, health, family, work, pets, transportation etc.

Please keep your judgement to yourself and expend that energy hoping everyone remains safe.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Very bad....Homestead got worked something serious. Nearly 17 feet of tide water in some places...26.5 billion worth of damage. Virtually all mobile homes destroyed. Left a lot of Dade homeless. This storm could be Andrew on steroids.
Wow. I didn't realize it was that bad. And Irma is way bigger than Andrew....