Hurricane Irma: now a tropical storm, moving into Georgia today

DontDoIt

Innocent Bystander
Supporter
Daps
Nah it's all a cac conspiracy according to the resident coli weatherbrehs.

This island got fukked up. Galvanized roofing everywhere. Poles and vegetation all over. Some roads are impassible and people are stuck. Homes destroyed. Full restoration of power probably won't be until New Years..shyt maybe Spring. To top it all off, many of the towers are gone so cell reception is severely limited. I'm in the country side of the island and my tower is still up so I'm getting connectivity (albeit bad during the day).

4 fatalities. 45 seriously injured. Went into town today and managed to get 5 gallons of fuel and some food. I have a generator (I can power appliances, and my water pump) and my place is intact. I'm very lucky.

Gotta assess my company's network (telecommunications/fiber) and perform a welfare check on one of our staff who hasn't checked in. Other than that all is well.

You made it.
:salute:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I get it but I don't understand why people stay. I ain't putting my life potentially in danger ever. I got too much to lose

RoyalQ

I'm a woman.
Daps
I don't understand why they're so pressed to reopen schools. People are going to be trying to return home. Who knows if the roads will be in condition to let them get back. Will they return to a house? They won't even have any power even if they do have a house. Just shut the schools down for a week.
IDK what are states obsession with reopening schools. There must be major money involved for them to be so stressed about it. Its just like when I used to live in NYC. No matter what big blizzard is coming NYC would wait until the very last second to decide to shut schools down. My nursing program made me come to school today even though almost all schools in the county are closed. And they all are talking about returning to school Tuesday. Talmbout "Quiz #1 is tuesday":why: Bish will tuesday even exist after this broad Irma hits? So feenin' for money. And where the hell is my little toyota corolla gonna go in feet of water. Helll naw

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
b3e9f2eb29a892821116d140da38697f972364e381fce037a57acc70c5211173.png

I don't know if he was trolling or not, but I seen this on twitter, those white clouds over Africa will end up in the same basic areas that formed Jose & Irma.
When did they get extendo air currents :damn:

Princess Coco

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yes, Babydoll, I'm ok. The rest of my shutters go up tomorrow afternoon. My Mom's shutters were secured yesterday, her house is locked up and she has evacuated - major worry off my brain/spirit. Thanks for checking. How about you?

:hug:Thank you @wickedsm & @Meh (I hope all is well). Please pray.
My family and I prepared, just waiting to close the shutters. Hope you're safe throughout this thing!

In this day and age of social media theres probably going to be a record number of selfies with the Irma's eye above them. :wow:

Ofcourse, assuming they survive the eye wall.
I plan on putting on a full face of makeup and putting vids on my blog lol

Daps
Nah it's all a cac conspiracy according to the resident coli weatherbrehs.

This island got fukked up. Galvanized roofing everywhere. Poles and vegetation all over. Some roads are impassible and people are stuck. Homes destroyed. Full restoration of power probably won't be until New Years..shyt maybe Spring. To top it all off, many of the towers are gone so cell reception is severely limited. I'm in the country side of the island and my tower is still up so I'm getting connectivity (albeit bad during the day).

4 fatalities. 45 seriously injured. Went into town today and managed to get 5 gallons of fuel and some food. I have a generator (I can power appliances, and my water pump) and my place is intact. I'm very lucky.

Gotta assess my company's network (telecommunications/fiber) and perform a welfare check on one of our staff who hasn't checked in. Other than that all is well.
I just saw a fb random video that showed my grandmas house in new tutu for a couple seconds and the roof is gone, fence gone but the house in still intact. I don't know the conditions of my family. I haven't spoken to em since the morning of the hurricane. I hope all is well with them. Bless up to you and your family. Glad to see another st thomian pulling thru...